Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 04:50 pm
There was a thread posted here very recently that caught my attention and gave me an excuse to post a thread on a topic which I have been ranting about for the several years I've had my license and car.

Why the hell do people think that tailgating a vehicle would make them drive any faster?! I hate tailgaters (close drivers, not stadium parking lot celebrators) with a passion. Usually, if I find someone following too closely for my comfort, I use that opportunity to see if my brakes still work. this will usually get them to back off and/or go around me.

Now, I'm usually going about 10 mph over the speed-limit, but apparently it's not enough for some people. Lately, though, instead of break-checking the dumbass behind me, I just take my foot off the gas, but I will still do it if said dumbass decides to stick around glued to my rear bumper no matter what. Anyway, again: WHY?! If the car in front of you can or will only go so fast, BACK OFF and/or GO THE **** AROUND!

Any thoughts, or smartass remarks?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,514 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 08:35 pm
@RexDraconis111,
Flick a bugger on his windshield.

Make sure he doesn't follow you home. You have to sleep sometime.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 08:50 pm
@RexDraconis111,
I sympathize - I despise tailgating. I once liked it for a short time when I was a passenger with a maniacal driver in a porsche late at night in the late sixties: scared out of my tree, but exhilarated. Wonder if he is still alive..

But that was beyond stupid.
I understand impatience, but that's when to watch out. I bet impatience is causative in a lot of crashes..

But, to nag you, the foot off brake thing and the braking thing is only going to inflame the bozo. Dumb in its very own way.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 09:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Hah, just looked him up, m.d., ph.d, still kicking. I trust he's tempered his driving over time.
0 Replies

RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 11:26 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
But, to nag you, the foot off brake thing and the braking thing is only going to inflame the bozo. Dumb in its very own way.

I'll admit, it isn't the smartest idea of mine, but it is effective. Not only does it tell them that I don't like it, it shows them that the possibility of rear-ending someone while that close is very high.

Those that are that impatient need to go around or learn some patience.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 12:32 pm
@RexDraconis111,
I don't like tailgaters either, makes me drive even slower, then when they pass me I give them the one finger wave.
RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:18 pm
@jcboy,
Nice. I do that as well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:31 pm
marbles.

marbles make really LOUD noises on windscreens.

no more comments Smile
RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:07 pm
@shewolfnm,
Ooh, you evil, evil genius Laughing
0 Replies