Kerry? Really?

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:35 pm
Should John Kerry win in any of the states LARGER than the ones he has 'supposedly' WON, now - and go on to be the democratic candidate for President-
I will sink furthur into the "pits" than I am.

Kerry can't even turn the heads of apathetic voters, much less challenge the 'unconvinced repubs' to swing away from a party choice to put a STRONG president in. (have to HAVE a strong candidate, first).

No dissenter will vote for bush, for sure... but they will find SOMEONE to vote for...
just to say they did not vote for bush.

And where does that leave us?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 20
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:37 pm
Re: Kerry? Really?
theollady wrote:
And where does that leave us?

In the pit's, I guess.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 09:03 pm
I happen to like Kerry.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 09:05 pm
Whereas I don't dislike Kerry, I don't see him beating a pan of eggwhites.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 09:17 pm
Yeh, same here, not a lotta love for Kerry ... for some of these reasons, for example.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 09:30 pm
I'm beginning to identify with the Dole supporters of a couple elections back.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 09:35 pm
KErry is "safe and bland."
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:00 pm
Please do not misunderstand or be offended--
It is just HONEST to realize John Kerry is not a strong enough candidate to bring out the vote this country needs to get out of the grip of greed.

I like John Kerry, too. I like Wesley Clark, and LIKED Hubert Humphrey and Gerald Ford. But... we need someone for
STRONG LEADERSHIP.

the man is Howard Dean. Oh, how I hope.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:09 pm
I would be pretty happy having either Kerry, Edwards or Dean as president.

I think any of the three would make a fine president. (I would have included Gephart on this list. as well). I do think that Kerry's experience is a plus (I am talking about his ability to be president - not his electability).

I would be OK with Clark (but not happy).

Kerry seems to be winning on the "electable" and "seems presidential" categories. Though, it will be interesting to see what happens in the south.

I am not sure if Dean can overcome losing both Iowa and NH. I think Clark and Edwards are still in it because of the south.

But I am hoping that one of my top three will be able to be our next president. I think tha Bush is more vulnerable to any of these candidates than people are saying now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:20 pm
I agree with you for the most ebrown. But Kerry has seemed such an inefectual campaigner to me for what, 15 plus years? About like Al Gore.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:26 pm
What's sad though, it seems, is that the ability to campaign has nothing to do with ones ability to be a good president.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:31 pm
I agree totally.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:32 pm
This is true... sad, but true.

I am thinking GWBush will 'talk' and 'act' himself right out of the government. (Hoping)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:40 pm
It's much harder for me to read the public of the rest of the states, being in Texas, where the support for Bush is always at a fever pitch. It makes me more pessimistic, since my voice is never heard above his marching band. I know my vote will be essentially wasted, due to the electoral college.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:57 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
What's sad though, it seems, is that the ability to campaign has nothing to do with ones ability to be a good president.

So very true and I share your opinion here as as well.

"I think any of the three would make a fine president. I do think that Kerry's experience is a plus (I am talking about his ability to be president - not his electability)."

Kerry has the experience and is out to help all of the people of America and not to make the rich people richer.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 11:00 pm
theollady
I hope you don't think I was offended. I am just throwing in my opinion ;-)
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 06:31 am
Dems
There are no charismatic candidates that can turn around the apathetic 50% of Americans. The right wing media has stomped Dean, the only one with some umph, into the ground. The only chance of any Dem winning is that enough conservatives, swing voters will stay away from the polls and the Dubya the Dumbass steps on his tounge enough times to gag himself.

The scandals that are now emerging might sink the Neo Fascist ship.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:47 pm
On Kerry's seemingly pathological opportunism - a colourful example:

Quote:
Monday I dwelled a bit on one of John Kerry's many yet-to-be-exploited-but-blindingly-obvious vulnerabilities: his vote [against] the 1991 Gulf war. [..]

Turns out I was giving Kerry too much credit. Rather than take a side--albeit the one he thought was most expedient--Kerry actually stood on both sides of the first Gulf war, much like he did this time around. Consider this "Notebook" item from TNR's March 25, 1991 issue, which ran under the headline "Same Senator, Same Constituent":

"Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition ... to the early use of military force by the US against Iraq. I share your concerns. On January 11, I voted in favor of a resolution that would have insisted that economic sanctions be given more time to work and against a resolution giving the president the immediate authority to go to war."

--letter from Senator John Kerry to Wallace Carter[/b] of Newton Centre, Massachusetts, dated January 22 [1991]

"Thank you very much for contacting me to express your support for the actions of President Bush in response to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. From the outset of the invasion, I have strongly and unequivocally supported President Bush's response to the crisis and the policy goals he has established with our military deployment in the Persian Gulf."

--Senator Kerry to Wallace Carter, January 31 [1991]

Will someone PLEASE put this guy out of his misery? Please?

link
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:18 pm
nihm, If it weren't so serious it would be hilarious.

Maybe, Mr Nice Guy, John Kerry, and even nicer (seeming) John Edwards, really have some experience and ideas that would benefit the country as President... but we will never know.

I know that Bush was certainly not the first to straddle fences, tell whoppers, and "pay" people off-- just to come to power-
Democrats have their share of hypocrisy.
Yet, I cannot mix with many "so called" conservative ideas; and I am not all that liberal, either.
So I ask myself, am I a 'fence straddler'? Laughing Laughing Laughing

(No, lovely Montana- I know you are not offended. PLEASE keep sharing your opinions and ideas. You are an asset!
I LOVED going through your album in the gallery, always looking to see if you have added anything. Your parents are sure goodlooking! <acorn does not fall far from the tree>)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:30 pm
Blush :-)
0 Replies