Powell/Cheney-Saddam's worst atrocities

pistoff

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 05:21 pm
"Thus, Powell and Cheney were in top decision-making positions for the period of Saddam's worst atrocities, the massacre and gassing of the Kurds in 1988 and the crushing of the Shiite rebellion in 1991 that might have overthrown him." Noam Chomsky

http://www.indiemediamagazine.com/article.php?story=2004012721274763
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,207 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 05:29 pm
They made strange bedfellows and now they've kicked Sadaam out of bed for giving bad head.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 06:40 pm
Chomsky...pft.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:20 pm
Rummy
Yeah, some people are devotees of Rummy, a true intellectual giant.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:24 pm
When I make a post authored by Rummy you may then make an equally robust comment.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:25 pm
Speaking of phonies, I confess I'm flabbergasted that there are folks who still admire or respect either of the two. I mean, WHY?
I don't get it. I really don't.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:34 pm
Blocking out
These people are just like McG here. They block out reality and only believe what they wish to believe. Just like their hero Dubya. He is a puppet but the responsiblity is still his for commiting crimes agains humanity, as are his crew.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 12:18 pm
Re: Blocking out
pistoff wrote:
These people are just like McG here. They block out reality and only believe what they wish to believe. Just like their hero Dubya. He is a puppet but the responsiblity is still his for commiting crimes agains humanity, as are his crew.

You have the nerve to write that after quoting Noam Chomsky? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 04:42 pm
Yeah
Tell us more about your hero, Rummy, the war ciminal.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:27 pm
Am I missing something here? You make a post by a liberal whackjob and now I have to tell you about my "hero, Rummy"

Man, get a clue, or some Ritalin or something.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:00 pm
Clue
Yeah, give me a clue about your adoration of the Neo Fascists that are decimating the Middle Class, nuetering the Constitution and ruinig our Environment. Tell us why you advocate their anti-Ameican agenda.

Tell us why you are a Neo Fascist and how your vision is good for us.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 07:34 am
I am not a "Neo Fascist". There ya go.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
McGentrix - are you saying that Powell and Cheney were NOT in top decision-making positions for the period of Saddam's worst atrocities, the massacre and gassing of the Kurds in 1988 and the crushing of the Shiite rebellion in 1991 that might have overthrown him?

I actully do not know the answer, and thus far you have not actually contested the truth of the assertion - just pfffft'd at the source. I am interested to know.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:25 pm
dlowan wrote:
McGentrix - are you saying that Powell and Cheney were NOT in top decision-making positions for the period of Saddam's worst atrocities, the massacre and gassing of the Kurds in 1988 and the crushing of the Shiite rebellion in 1991 that might have overthrown him?

I actully do not know the answer, and thus far you have not actually contested the truth of the assertion - just pfffft'd at the source. I am interested to know.

I am sure that if you really cared, you can look up the details just as well as I can.

My "pfft" is directed at the context in which Chomsky uses these examples as the be all and end all at the time.

Things like
Quote:
"The Bush administration has openly declared its intention to dismantle what remained of the system of world order and to rule the world by force, with Iraq as a demonstration project."

doesn't really help me want to admire Chomsky...

Rumsfeld was indeed an envoy to the middle east and Iraq. The US was facing a far greater enemy at the time and tough choices had to be made. Our country was stronger as a result of those decisions. Blame the UN for the crushing of the Shiite rebellion. They were the ones who told the US not to interfere.

One thing for sure, Hussein won't be doing any of those things again, now will he?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 04:38 pm
In another sense -- this group of buffoons supposedly running our country can be considered one of Saddam Hussein's worst atrocities...

,,,because if the SOB hadn't existed, these people would not have had the excuse they had to spit on the many things they have spit on during this disaster.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 04:53 pm
As usual
Raygun, Bush 1, Powell and Cheney and Rummy are compiclit in murders. Prove that incorrect.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:56 pm
Obviously you have no proof that they are. False allegations are easy to make.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 08:37 pm
Proof
Didn't Raygun and Bush1 suppport Saddam with money and supplies?

Don't you support the present Admin?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 08:44 pm
Did communist Russia become a democracy as a result of Reagan and Bush I supporting Saddam with money and supplies? Is Saddam still in power? I do support the current administration. I believe the greater good has been a result of Reagan's and Bush 1's administrations.

So there.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 08:59 pm
A liar
You lied then, just like your heroes do. You are a Neo Fascist.

Raygun was one the worst Presidents ever. He was a lousy actor in the schlocky movies and a crappy actor as Pres. There were times when he didn't even know what city he was in ourr what audience he was giving one of his lame speeches to. The USSR bankrupted itself.
0 Replies