First Word -

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:37 am
@vonny,
LOLS

Didn't think of that Wink Send it over here, it's killing me, 4 gardens takes forever Smile

I do love the sea, it's outstanding, peaceful even when the waves are high, it just has this thing about it, fire on the other hand to me doesn't .........

I imagine you still have a few weeks, Sad Hope I am wrong.

This is so true, you don't stop to think about workers, or crops, a lot think of animals as well, I wonder if the fish are upside down? Smile

Had to throw that last one in Smile

SIGH, Must go water gardens, then feed dogs, then feed me, then put this work away, 13hrs is too long for one day, sigh....

XX to all
Dutchy

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:35 am
@FOUND SOUL,
HOT

Today became our hottest summer ever, with the temperature reaching 40 plus on 13 occasions with more to come.

Presently concerned for Cheerie as many bush fires are burning all over her State and destroying 36 homes so far.

You have your floods Vonny I wonder which are worse, fire or water.

Nice and cool in my hospital room, except for the hot looking nurses. Wink

Waves from downunder.
vonny

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 05:31 am
@Dutchy,
There is something very wrong about the weather worldwide - all these extremes of temperature, extremes of rain - of drought!

Just seen on television news that the army has been called in to help sandbag at-risk homes here, and to rescue people from flooded houses, so sad to see so much sadness permeating the lives of so many people.

How are you coping with the heat? Hospital is probably a cool place to be right now Very Happy

Poor cherrie - haven't seen a post from her for a while. I do sincerely hope she is safe and well. Awful to hear of so many bushfires destroying homes. Any chance of the hot weather breaking in the near future? I sincerely hope so.

Poor Foundy - working in the heat over there - and for such long hours!

Sturgis - what's the weather like where you are? You had extreme snow conditions a while back - any better now?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 03:25 pm
@vonny,
on a HAPPIER note!

Happy Anniversary to me.. D and I have lasted 4 years today hehe...

on a SADER note, I spent a good 30 minutes twice last night trying to comfort a colleague. He's been at his Dad's side for the past week and hasn't been able to do work for me, his Dad, 59, he's 40, just died last night from Cancer.. So young Sad

On a DIFFERENT note.. These fires and floods, all around the world and temperatures too much almost to bare.. Dutchy I heard from a taxi driver haha, true though, that they predict over 55 degrees fortunately, at least 20 odd years away... Let's hope it's more like 40 years. No one can do that.

Off into that heat again today, but only a short visit to the office in the middle of the heat to sign a tenant in, then I'm getting myself back here and will finish the work from home.

Not doing it day after day, knocking me about ... This is where I should have been a 9-5 office girl...

Sending wishes everyone's way to cope with what ever the weather is bringing.

vonny

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 04:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Happy anniversary to you and D - may your relationship last for many more years! Enjoy your celebratory champagne!

You - 9 to 5? Hey, Dutchy's 'other' blonde has just the song for you -

Don't overdo it in the heat - you'll fry in those temperatures if you stay out for too long. Chillax and enjoy the day!

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:51 pm
ROTOGRAVURE

Happy happy anniversary time Foundy to you and David. Has it been 4 years already? (I asked as if I knew the both of you years before you got together)
Maybe the local news mags or Sunday magazine section will run a feature on you guys. Something along the line of happiness and boundless energy (we must discover the secret to how you're always on the go).

Oh. I tried to figure out how to get your dolphin thread video to show as a video image in the post. Tried and tried and tried. Could not get there. The video does play though, will view in entirety later (Wednesday/Thursday)
The weather continues to annoy, now there's the threat of another system coming in which will arrive late tomorrow and hang around most of if not all of Thursday. Snow= it may be all snow, or it may be a mix of snow and rain or the delight of all delights the snow, rain and sleet mixings where it goes from one to another according to temperature. Will this winter ever end? And in Australia I guess the question is will the summer ever end?

Keep seeing those savage waves over in England and am stunned. Some are just so incredibly huge and strangely mesmerizing at the same time. The damage they inflict is not very mesmerizing for me, it just makes me sad that so much is destroyed both in terms of physical property-land/structures/trees/wildlife/etc. and what it does to the residents of the area. Truly the weather is in a chaotic dance of some sort and it's a matter of how long the dance will go on.

And now for our musical interlude (this darn song just keeps replaying in my head the last few weeks, figured might as well post it).

Okay, that's it for now,

Back later...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:41 pm
@Sturgis,
VONNY

Wishing you a speedy recovery and best wishes for tomorrow xxxxx
vonny

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:47 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FRIGHT

Fright night - well, let's say a bit apprehensive! Hopefully it will be the last operation I'll need to put it right!

Thanks for the good wishes. Soon be over - 16 hours to go ..............
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:54 pm
@Sturgis,
SCIENTIFIC

Lordy had to look that word up and still don't understand it, carbon, thingy....

Well you might have known us in a past life there STURGIS, ya never know Smile Thank you.

We took a cab? I call them taxi's, all the way across the other side of the town to an area called North Adelaide. North Adelaide has some beautiful historic places and Churches. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Photos+of+the+manse+north+adelaide&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QOv7UtDcB4WfkAWvlYH4Aw&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1108&bih=602

The first two photos are of The Manse and the Church next door to it.. Other photos are historic places in Adelaide and the "old" very "old" dining scene of what was The Manse. Adelaide is becoming trendy, only 20 years ago, fine dining was the way to go, now it's funky, trendy, I should have taken the camera Wink

Sneaking outside for a cig (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh), I noted the Church door was open, so I snuck in. It was dark but off course light shone through the lead light windows, was quite beautiful.

We shared meals, (small) quite outstanding and well cooked, then we were told there was a balcony upstairs. LOLS. There is, but I think the waiter let us into the wrong one, as there were couches there and a table and NO ONE. So we took some selfies on the phone had a glass of wine, and then went home around 10.30pm, early though it takes time to get home Smile

I HOPE you got to see the dolphin video it's short less than 3 minutes, quite amazing how animals ask humans for help... Thank you for trying : ) I've been told before, the word youtube ] [ somewhere but couldn't remember. If anyone looks at it then they will love what they see, if not they will miss something awesome Smile

This is all too weird. snow, floods, heat waves. Where ever we are in the World you can be sure, none of us are happy at all with what we are experiencing. I have left so much water out for the birds and when I water at night, of late, I'm spraying them on the trees, they sit there and take it then fly off.

Today is good. It's over cast, raining, or drizzling then a bit more.. I think I heard thunder a bit ago... But, today is good.....

I'm viewing what's happening in England a bit when I can.. Japan is suffering too though, it appears to be everywhere.

BAHAHAHAHA I'm not playing that, NO WAY... Chickaboomboom will stay in my head all day if I do Smile

DUTCHY HOW ARE YOU Smile XXX

Hope Cherrie is safe as others have stated before from fires.

MORNING ALL Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 04:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae276/shinra_2010/Skagit_Bald_Eagle.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/lilianasolis_16/---love.jpg
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
WITCHES / WARLOCKS

Glitter said it well Danny... Wish you didn't take your computer home just so you could have a little peak here and there as you felt like it...

You're still the Boss of this place, well this thread, that's all no where else... xx

Much thoughts hugs and love are with you from this little crowd over here, who you tormented, no you did, seriously.

I'm putting this here because... You are here with us in mind at present from time to time... You always called me a Witch and so, I'm betting you can just gather what I am writing... or that I am... You know me too well...

Hugs....
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 04:48 am
FREEDOM

Free as a bird, Danny - free as a bird.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mmN2ziZBFEk/S_gXeRyD6tI/AAAAAAAAAZM/9lThcwLtfWs/s1600/baldEagle.jpg

And didn't you once tell me you'd had a windmill as your avatar -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/DeZwaan_windmill_-_Holland_MI.jpg

Hey, you can't go for a while - we haven't had our dance yet! Remember -

http://cf.ltkcdn.net/dance/images/std/140686-284x423-WaltzHistory.jpg

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 02:50 pm
@vonny,
FISH

Hey Boss, so I see Von has you catching your own fish, how apt as that is what you want for lunch today...

STRENGTH! -
vonny

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:17 am
@FOUND SOUL,
HERO

Yes, that's the boss! And as much fish as he can eat!

Strength
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 02:43 pm
@vonny,
ATE

In true Danny style, he ate all his dinner (FISH)... I liked that.. It made me smile ....

A small update on Yabber. Just to work out this blood pressure, putting it out there to the Universe...

STURGIS

We want to know how you are, I know you also haven't been the best, please let us know x

VON

I hope you are still healing from the surgery nicely, and getting "some" sleep yes? Some? x

DUTCHY !!!!
Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 11:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
EXTRA

Okay, so this isn't really extra, just had to think of something and sadly that was the best I could come up with.

Another cold day, with a bit of a wind kicking in at times to make it all the more frozen. Should be a warm up later in the week which might get some of this snow to melt and disappear. Am wanting summertime to hurry and get here.

Nothing new on the health front, similar to Dutchy, I have a tendency to confuse the medical community. My leg ulcers continue and some are worse than others. Biggest fret now is the one from last October which ran into an infection. It seemed to be healing nicely enough and then poof! Along the top edge of the vastly reduced in size wound, it began oozing then seeping. Annoying!

Glad to see that Danny is staying on, getting his needs met in food and eating the entire meal. Shows he has a good desire to keep fighting and defy the doctors expectations. Keeping posiive thoughts directed towards him and hoping they work.

glitterbag? cherrie? Rockhead? Vonny? Where is everybody? You are needed in here to keep the warmth of the thread going.

As for me, I think I need some rest.

Back later...
glitterbag

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 03:55 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, do the docs know what causes the leg ulcers? It sounds terribly uncomfortable. I think King Henry VIII suffered a similar ailment, I'm not however suggesting that makes your situation anything other than a royal pain. The others may know much more about it, so I'm hesitant to ask you to repeat the whole story. Can you soak in Epsom salts? Perhaps your area has a wound care unit, I think they call them bariatric centers. I've never had it myself, but wish I knew a little more on how to treat them. I hope you begin to get relief from these ulcers. I'll send healing thoughts.

Now I'll check Yabberliner to see if there are any updates on Dutchy. After that, I'm heading back to sleep.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 04:39 am
@glitterbag,
LOVE

This is what that is a place of. Be here in the morning, great GREAT to see you all and thank you, all needs LOVE here.. me too Smile Sleep well Glitter and Sturgis much love , and Von healing thoughts and Cherrie where are you hope you are safe.
cherrie

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 05:20 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Hi everyone,
Foundy - yes I am safe. We have had fires here for the last couple of weeks, nothing dangerously close, but close enough. The smoke has been really bad. We didn't even see any sunshine for about four days, but on the upside the smoke cover did keep the temperature down a bit. Of course breathing becomes a bit of a problem, not to mention sore eyes and scratchy throats.
I've spent a fair bit of time at the Incident Control Centre, on 12 hour shifts doing road blocks, door knocking, delivering food and water to firefighters, and generally being useful. I think I've said before that I'm in the SES, so between that and my real job it's been a bit hectic.

Vonny - I see you have had surgery. I hope you are feeling okay, and everything is going as it should. Are you still having terrible weather? I haven't really seen the news lately, so I'm not sure what is happening over there now.

Sturgis - I hope you are feeling a bit better now. You can't wait for summer to arrive and I can't wait for it to be over. Had enough of heat and fires for now.
vonny

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 02:00 pm
@cherrie,
CATCH-UPS

Glad to hear you're safe, cherrie. Dutchy told us about the bush fires - he was concerned for you.

Sounds as if you've been pretty busy with the SES - thank goodness there are people like you who are willing to volunteer their time to help others. Well done!

Still waiting to have my stitches out, but the operation went well - my surgeon was brilliant, a lovely gentle man. I've had some problems with the antibiotics I was given - had to get in touch with emergency medical services this morning, but all okay now. Just need to relax and recuperate for a few more days.

We've had some pretty frightening storms here - a large part of the country is under water after months of torrential rain - and the damage that the winds have caused can never be put right in some places. The following pictures will give you an idea of what's been going on here.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/17/article-2561136-1B93A32000000578-202_964x549.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/10/article-2555658-1B5B9EBB00000578-11_964x625.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/10/article-2555658-1B5B9F8300000578-705_964x602.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/10/article-2555658-1B59331C00000578-573_964x641.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/10/article-2555658-1B593E6400000578-281_964x641.jpg

Sturgis - I keep missing you! We've been online at different times lately - hope your medical problems aren't too overwhelming. You've certainly had more than your fair share of bad health - those ulcers are proving very stubborn. I hope there's a big improvement this year.

Glitterbag - always good to see you over here - hope you managed to catch up with your sleep!

Foundy - any more news? I think we are all holding our collective breath, waiting and wondering how Dutchy is doing.

0 Replies