First Word -

glitterbag

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:54 pm
Anybody still here?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:56 am
@glitterbag,
Oh dear, I feel so naked and exposed, please respond with something.
cherrie

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:12 am
@glitterbag,
Hi Glitterbag, I'm here but I don't know where anyone else is.

How are you feeling now? Not good to be sick at this time of the year - not that it's good any time, but some times are worse than others.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:32 am
@cherrie,
Hi cherrie, it's never a "good time" to get sick. I'm getting better, I'll be alright hopefully when I finish my antibiotics. Hopefully I'll resist the Marriage health curse, we plan to celebrate our 35 anniversary on Feb 1, 2014. I was sick the day we got married, but you don't call in sick on your wedding day. The bad humors lost tract of time and I got sick thru Christmas and New Years. That should make our 35 anniversary special (provided we can find a warm place to go). But if not, I'll invite the friends I won't be able to see Sunday afternoon, to our house and celebrate with them. Happy New Year!!!!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:34 am
@cherrie,
Don't feel naked, I'm here too Smile Deserves selected answer and promptly given Smile

Dutchy says hi "ya all" well he didn't add the last bit. Having trouble seeing again at present. He could go and get his eyes done... He could, I keep telling him he can...

How are you Glitter? What Cherrie said Smile

(Edit) Just saw your reply, WOW 35 years early Congratulations!!! That's a better thing to celebrate sorry you weren't feeling the best Xmas and New Year Sad HAPPY NEW YEAR MAM .
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:44 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Glad you're here.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:02 am
@glitterbag,
Well after a quick cig Smile Thanks Glitter Smile
Sturgis

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
SMOKES

You had a cigarette and didn't invite me to inhale the second hand smoke? What type of friend are you to deny me such pleasure?
Just for that I'm going to say BUTTERNUT SQUASH 400 times in a PM to you Twisted Evil

Ooky
Iky
oKAY
Okay, there we go, rant over and keyboard back in order.

Strange night for me as I had to adjust to this new mattress. It takes me a few days to adjust to these sort of changes, which is why vacationing at a hospital can be so problematic. (that and the fact that my height and body division don't do well in those idiotic adjustable beds, I always end up with my feet slapped against the footboard and the string for the light completely out of reach.
The bed is also ludicrously high and looks like it must be a joke...at least I thought so yesterday, by this morning it didn't seem quite as odd and even the two police officers who came by didn't seem alarmed by it.

The officers were both female and it was difficult as they left to not say 'thank you ladies.' since I believe the correct wording should be 'officers'.

Warmed up some since Friday and now directly has the freeze mark. The real shock comes back tomorrow into Tuesday when the high here is supposed to be 13. That's Fahrenheit or minus 10.5 in Celsius Shocked . Not complaining really and in fairness and truth NYC is much warmer than many other places in the U.S. right now. Just not fond of cold weather anymore which is annoying since I loved it right up until I hit 50.

Or was it 45?

Maybe 55?

Congratulations glitterbag on the 35th. It will hopefully warm up by the start of February, if only for a few days so you and your gentleman can have an enjoyable day without chattering teeth. Will this winter (which just began) ever end? Here's best wishes for your health to be good that day as well.

A little tired so I think I will hush up for now, wishing cherie, glitter, vonny, Foundy, Dutchy, rockhead, and all others the best.

Back later...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:15 pm
@Sturgis,
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will think of that all day now, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, Baloney!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

And, hey, I am looking after you by not blowing the smoke in your face. Reminds me what that is supposed to mean or what I was told as a kid, how ridiculous.

Well, you shouldn't be such a giant! And the bed should be close to the string thingy for the lamp sheezzz Smile King size bed? Maybe you have the wrong size goldilocks Smile haha couldn't help myself.

Suppose you don't wish to tell us why there were two uniformed ladies in your home ? mmmm?

I am reading that, minus 10 etc OMG Sturgis I couldn't cope I hate the cold and that would ahhhh, heaters on everywhere ... You do have enough heating? I know I am sounding like a Mother again... Sorry Smile

MORNING EVERYONE!

I forgot Rockhead sorry Rock, I know you drop by...
vonny

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 04:16 pm
@Sturgis,
HOSPITAL?

Sturgis - are you in hospital? Or did I misunderstand your post? You probably put too much effort into saving the guy in the supermarket when you did your superhero lifesaving stunt a few days ago! Laughing If you are in hospital, get well soon - if not, stay well, and stay out of hospital. The beds are much more comfortable at home! Very Happy

http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Man_Waking_Up_in_Bed_600-01954760-485x341.jpg

Cherrie and Glitterbag - great to see you both here. Sorry nobody was around yesterday - must have been a witches convention or something!

http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/3/29168.jpg

35 years of marriage, Glitterbag - that's great. I hope the weather will improve lots by the big day. Hopefully your tonsillitis will be long gone by then. How thoughtful of you not to meet with your old colleagues in order to protect them from your germs!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01395/swine-flu-preventi_1395524c.jpg

We aren't in any danger from the sea, Cherrie - but the floods are heading inland fast - rivers are overflowing and water is coming down from the hills, so much of the South of England is under threat for the next couple of days. Fortunately, we aren't in any danger here. The only casualty is he bottom of our garden where an old streambed once crossed it - it's currently under three or four inches of water. It will subside - but the lawn is going to be a bog for some time.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59942000/jpg/_59942514_flooding3.jpg

DUTCHY - HOPE YOU CAN SEE THIS IF YOU LOOK IN ON US - HOPE YOU ARE WELL AND NOT TOO FRUSTRATED WITH YOUR TEMPORARY SIGHT PROBLEMS! I say temporary, because I know you will get them fixed eventually - the sooner the better - we miss you here!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/magnifying-glass-paper-tax-assosiates-21181228.jpg

Foundy - A year tomorrow since I moved over from the crossword puzzling threads onto the chat, photo, and word games threads of A2K. Wow - I knew so little about anything at that time! It was thanks to Dutchy that I moved across - and thanks to you for teaching me all about forums, threads, posts and much more - and to others on A2K for teaching me how to post pictures, videos and links - been quite a journey over the past twelve month. Nothing if not eventful!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LDQz6k546rU/UrbBFGSRyxI/AAAAAAAAFlc/qDcrx50dbig/s1600/nabble-forum-blogger.png
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 01:24 am
@FOUND SOUL,
BACK

Hi all, eyesight has sufficiently improved to have a go at the threads. Boring and frustrated not being able to do anything. Just watched the TV news about the big freeze hitting the US and UK, just awesome. Pleased our weather is so much milder. No doubt Sturgis is affected in New York and dear Vonny in the UK, hope you both pull through ok. Cardiologist feels I have a virus of the heart hence I'm so short of breath. Need to take it easy and see 3 Cardiologists on 21st January again. Keep fingers crossed.

Waves from downunder.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 01:40 am
@Dutchy,
EVENING BOSS!!!

Did you know that there was an earthquake today? Aberfoyle Park, our house shook it didn't last long phewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

TAKE IT EASY!!

WE'LL TYPE BIG FOR YOU Smile

Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 05:03 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you for typing big Foundy. Slept through the earth tremor. never knew anything about it until I saw it in the Channel 7 news. Aberfoyle Park is jut up the road from us.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:30 am
@Dutchy,
Something very wrong with the weather worldwide! Your earthquakes - the snow and plummeting temperatures in North America - and the floods here. Apparently you suffered two quakes! A report online said that hundreds of Adelaide residents have reported feeling an earthquake that struck in a southern suburb, the second quake in South Australia in four hours.

It is still relatively mild here in the UK for the time of year. But the rain - oh, it goes on and on. It's beginning to remind me of the Kevin Costner film, Waterworld.

We've even lost part of our coastline - some more cliffs collapsed. I feel sorry for the owners of the houses that teeter on the brink of this landslide!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/06/article-2337012-1A2DADB2000005DC-821_964x611.jpg

Meanwhile, poor Sturgis and other A2K members are battling the awful weather in the USA - very beautiful, but oh so treacherous! Our snow is yet to come!

http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2014/01/03/15/32/170fd1.AuSt.156.jpeg

Glad your eyes have improved enough for you to whizz round the threads, Dutchy. Let's hope you won't be forced to vanish again - I can just imagine now bored and frustrated you were when you were forced to stay away! The threads are always a bit dull when you aren't here - glad you are back. Good luck with the cardiologists on 21 Jan - fingers will be firmly crossed until you've seen them Very Happy
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 03:45 pm
@vonny,
The last significant earthquake to be felt across Adelaide was on October 19, 2011, when a 3.4 magnitude quake with an epicentre near Blackwood shook the city.

A magnitude 3.8 quake with an epicentre near Mount Barker rattled Adelaide on April 16, 2010.

2010, 2011, 2014 (just) .. And all close to us Dutchy:) Maybe we should consider moving? Smile

MORNING ..

Von in a way, that looks like an awesome river in someone's backyard that we could watch goldfish swim in or something Smile I have a thing about water, love it, love being around it, near it. The sea makes me calm, I swear I keep forgetting to walk the beach. Mind you, it's not been easy it's meant to be summer and in 2 days it will be for a week, maybe then.. PLEASE REMIND ME good for my injuries, soul and well being or something.

Did everyone stay up to midnight NYE? Or pike it before...

vonny

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 03:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
WATER

I like water too, but I wouldn't care for my garden to be awash like the one in that picture I found on the internet. Ours is only flooded at the bottom - about 12' x 40' of water that's 2 to 3 inches deep. Haven't seen any goldfish in it - yet! Laughing

Earthquakes - strewth, that is so worrying. Not really something one expects to find in Australia!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 03:57 pm
@vonny,
HAHA. Actually, I bought a goldfish the other day for the little one in there, so it has companionship.. Smile Called it Ruby off course, the other one is called Bigsy off course Smile

David wants another puppy NOOOOOOOOO He's seen one that he really wants. All I can think off is the two little ones playing and Kia being left out or feeling old again. At them moment it's her turn, she shines, she actually plays with him.. I don't want to do that to her, it's her turn.. He can wait Smile

I wouldn't want that in my back yard either but it has a lovely look about it as well Von if you are artistic and can see the beauty in disaster. Or I am weird Smile

The scale of the Earthquakes are minor, enough to shake the house enough to hear the bang but 10 seconds and it's over. I can't imagine across the world how they feel when the huge ones happen, or Tornados verses the strong winds, don't know where I would hide !!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 05:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
EARTHQUAKE

Foundy our worst earthquake happened in 1954 which was felt all over Adelaide and caused a lot of damage. I remember it well, it started with a rumble which grew louder and loader giving you the idea the world was coming to an end. It was in the early hours of the morning and really scary whilst it lasted.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 02:22 am
@Dutchy,
I wasn't even born then Wink

I will have to google and look that would be interesting to know it's also GREAT that it was soooooooo long ago. I often think that will be the case, with all the carp Man has made and put out there that creates such havoc to this Earth........

You were not that old then Smile HAHA. What?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:04 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I didn't want to mention that Foundy you not being around then. Smile I was a strapping 20 year old enjoying life to the full. Wink

Another interesting article in the paper the other day, 2013 was our hottest year ever in Australia, did you know that? South Australia was also the hottest State of all!

Watching some great old tennis champions playing in Adelaide this week, Martina Navratilova, Martina Hingis and Tracy Austin representing the women, Mats Wilander, Pat Cash and Yannick Noah representing the men plus a handful of other stars like Henry Lacomte.

There is also tennis in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne all leading up to the Australian Open commencing at the end of the week. All the leading players are hereso it should be a great tournament. All matches are on TV, so you can take your pick.

Waves from downunder.