First Word -

Sturgis

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 11:16 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
MARVELOUS

Yes, it is marvelous and fantastically wonderful that Ruby has made such a good move in the recovery direction, just what I need to give me a boost of positivity! As far as describing, feel free to send a private message with all the oozy details!

Domenic was a gentleman from some years back. Also a teacher, although not in the field of science. He was into Business education, including fun subjects such as accounting. Not surprising as he had been an accountant prior to venturing into educationing. Sweet man, never seemed rattled or angry, genuinely loved what he did and seemed to fully embrace life. He sadly departed the Earthly life a few years ago. For some reason I just found myself thinking about him again. Probably something to do with the time of year. Both parents went in October and November is equally brutal on the passings. Mind you there are also the zillions of good things...my niece and nephew both having birthdays, as well as the 40 year itch. No, I don't mean I have a physical itch for 40 years...your witching powers can't go back in time (can they?). It's a personal relationship which has been on the sidelines again. Seems to be best in some ways as he is a sensitive man and I haven't wanted to whack him over the head repeatedly with my current health items.

Okay I am getting odd.

Eviction? On a Sunday? Yipes! That reminds of an Easter Sunday years ago when we were almost evicted.

A little groggy but not fullly tired yet, maybe I should start the shutting down of the day...hmm, it's past 1 a.m. already.

Sunshine, Glitterbag, Vonny, Foundy, Dutchy, Bill, and the others who I am sure are here, just not nerved up enough to join in perhaps, hope all are well, keep safe, keep things real, be happy.

Until later.......................
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 01:53 am
@Sturgis,
DUTCHY

Richard Gere, well we all know the famous movie he did, my mind has gone blank !!! Um, um, Pretty Woman Smile And I could watch that 10 times but you asked Von so I'll shut up JUST THIS ONCE! Wink

Ahhh STURGIS thank you, isn't it something else? I strongly believe in the word 'BELIEVE' and I believe Ruby has done well telling me, we are wrong, the vets are wrong, that's not what is wrong, geez don't get it wrong... And, as a result and me being a witch off course, I was able to stop those actions of the rainbow bridge twice, due to his "messages" and as a result , go live ruby !! I'm glad it gave you what you need because it's true. BELIEVE and get that mind working properly, there is no room for negativity absolutely none.

Dutchy can vouch for that when I was able , he was able, to type away and before he went to hospital. The positive vibes and talks are real and they do help you through.

SO AGAIN - Positives Sturgis, you ARE getting better, from all you write , just keep going and believe.

PM ON THE OOZING bahahaha. Ewee, you don't really want to know what we went through.

Domenic. There is also someone that touches our hearts and thoughts and they are mentors as well as well, maybe, a bit of a "embracing " them as a person as you wish for yourself to be in life. You went into education and science ? Not science, you believe in this witch, they can't.

Family - Kinda overwhelming the love for our nieces and nephews, saw mine a couple of weeks ago for their Mother's 50th, so grown up and yet, so young.. Special. 40 year itch? Yes, I think that I was born in the 1800's once, so maybe Wink But, well, maybe you want to whack him cause you are grumpy over your problems which you need to BELIEVE is OK and sensitive is ok I know you want him to grow some balls, did I say that? But on the same accord. We are not perfect, we don't always marry perfectly, you know, left, right, personality, not much, etc .. You'll work it out , sounds as if you miss him.

BHAHAHA. He was friggen asleep in the bed, WT? He climbed two stories just told Dutchy that via PM to get inside ... Hello, naked man, pfttt in white sheets Smile Nothing to look at mind you thank god he pulled the sheets up, had to call the Police, fix the window, box his stuff, clean the place, me a cleaner? As the new tenant was also moving in today, and I've been up since 4.30 with Ruby, and came home and had to do more work, plus water the gardens etc, my life. Only in my life.

Prefer to be a Gypsy.

It's common knowledge that barefoot and pregnant does not suit me all, it's just barefoot , braless, etc, don't try to visualise. I think I was the milkman's son and he was an Aborigine.

Chicken stuffed with avocado, prawns, sun dried tomatoes, with cream and mustard and pine nuts, round oven baked chips, and salad.

I'm off Smile

Not literally ... Smile

Dutchy, Von, Daisy or do you prefer Sunshine? Sturgis, Domenic, The one you want to hit, Glitter, Bill, Spades.

See you in the morning.

Dutchy

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 06:37 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA

Dolly is coming downunder! Big article in this mornings paper, Dolly Parton performing in my home town in February next year. Laughing

To top it off, the "Boss" Bruce Springsteen will also drop in for a concert. Two big names Dutchy don't want to miss

There is also talk the Rolling Stones may be here in March playing at at the opening of our new $500 million Football and Cricket Stadium.

Front row seat for Dolly Parton, don't want to miss an inch, I mean a song. Wink

Waves from downunder.
Daisy Ryder

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 09:53 pm
@Dutchy,
TRUTH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynyrd_Skynyrd#Plane_crash_.281977.29

Lynyrd Skynyrd (pronounced /ˌlɛnərd ˈskɪnərd/ len-ərd-skin-ərd) is an American rock band best known for popularizing the southern hard-rock genre during the 1970s. 'Outlaw Country' Originally formed in 1964 as the The Noble Five in Jacksonville, Florida, the band rose to worldwide recognition on the basis of its driving live performances and signature tunes "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird". At the peak of their success, three members died in an airplane crash in 1977 '''Today. Oct. 20''' putting an abrupt end to the band's most popular incarnation. (Also ... Best male singing/voice since the dawn of vocals.)
Today. I cry.
A credit to my soul. I've been to Georgia on a fast train. I wasn't born yesterday. Only the good die young.
Strangely... I am the only one in my entire state of whatchya ma' to even recognize Memphis town! From Florgia! (Florida/Georgia). I considered today a holiday. A Lynyrd Skynyrd Holiday.

Oh lord, won't you buy me ...delivery each day until three. Night on the town. Counting on you lord Please don't let me down.
I used to wake the morning, before the rooster crow.
Searchin' for soda bottles to make myself some dough.
Curtis ... Domenic.
Pray.
Life Time.
Blues.
Lose. Lost. Found.
Finest ... Mmmummm. 

... Man in a trench coat
Jump down a man hole. Don't wanna be a scandal.
Pump don't work. 
...If it wasn't tough. It wouldn't be true.

Bobby McGee.
Subterranean homesick blues.

I know a little.

Gorrilaz!!!

Krissy. 

Kris Kristofferson.

... Just like a human.
... Want to know what I'm feeling? Just like a human. YouTube it.

I'm ... Typsy. Forgive me.
You got that right.
Ronnnnnnnnie!
Lanyard
Lynyrd Skynyrd. pronounced...

(surprised this even had a go with one of the guest.)

Just like ... 

Gorrillaz.

The BOSS! ! !

Truth.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 10:22 pm
@Daisy Ryder,
OMG, how many Vodka's to get you this tipsy Sunshine? Laughing
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:49 am
@Dutchy,
Ahh Danny, Your beloved Dolly - so pleased for you x

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww117/ogrgel/TheEssential2005_zps01d5bf40.jpg

Forget the rest, you will never get over her, ever, no one else will do ever,

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t644/CindyCornett/AEF%20Romeo%20and%20Juliet/Wink10-19-13_zpse6724dd7.png

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k112/infanate_xs_n_os/wink.gif
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:54 am
@Daisy Ryder,
SMILES

Ms Daisy / Sunshine, you can also write up-side-down, you must belong secretly to Aussie LAND Wink

A Mercedes Bends - "Oh lord won't you buy me" .

What better is there to do, than to listen to your favourite songs, have a drink or two, do a little dance, get down tonight, and then post that "thought" on First Word.

Guess you really are "HOME"..

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/shiloh26/album%203/witchy-home_zpsdf8708f6.jpg

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/josephworley67/circus4876002_zps97b0045c.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/brianb3467/lynyrd-skynyrd.jpg

EVENING ALL - Cooking dinner for the clan now.

QUAILS

Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:57 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Ah Foundy, thank you for that photo of Dolly, hope to see more of her. Wink I have worked out what you are saying on that 3rd photo but won't repeat it here, I'm still blushing! You wicked witch I'm not like that at all. SmileSmile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:16 am
@Dutchy,
An Officer and a Gentleman PFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Wink
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 03:58 am
@Daisy Ryder,
SWEET

Home Alabama - Hurrah, loved Lynnard Skynyrd since the 70's! Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favourites - great sound! Only have a couple of their albums - Free Bird and Nuthing' Fancy - but they've been played many, many times.

Another favourite-

And, of course, some fab guitar on Free Bird -

You've started me off now - I'll probably listen to both their albums this morning - I'll blame you if I'm late for a luncheon appointment! Laughing

Hi Foundy - hope Rubes is doing well - great that he's made such a massive come-back - yet again. He really is the come-back kid. Evictions - wow, scary? Can't imagine you tossing people out on the streets - hope you have back-up when you're out there! Take care - especially of men dressed only in sheets! Rolling Eyes

Dutchy - Springsteen in Oz? I'd travel a looooong way to see Bruce. But I guess Dolly is the one you'll be applauding! Rolling Eyes

Sturgis - I don't know your tastes in music - a bit of light opera perhaps - or a string quartet - do let us know. Meantime, a favourite of mine - Bartok -

Bill and Glitterbag - what music do you like? I have very catholic tastes in music - love everything from blues to Beethoven, heavy metal to opera, pop and jazz - we have thousands of albums covering most genres of music.

Foundy - do you like jazz? A little Sade, perhaps -

Dutchy

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 04:26 am
@vonny,
MUSIC
Yes Vonny I love music too, really into the Flamenco Guitar, my favourite artist being Armik. Have burnt nearly all of his numbers to DVD which I play when on the computer.

Another one of my favourite musicians is the famous Dutchman Andre Rieu playing his classicals, have nearly all of his Videos. Met the man in Holland in 1987 and again in Austalia 25 years later whilst he was touring here!

Jazz I like too, have many records of the Dutch Swing College Band which I first saw play in Holland, and again in Australia during the 1990's eard of them. I guess everybody has their own favourite music and it be interesting to hear th taste of the other people here.

Have attached a number by Armik, hope it will play. Isla del Sol

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 11:44 am
I saw the Stones the first time they toured the US, have seen them at least 4 more times since. I never seem to get notice in enough time to buy tickets. I saw Marvin Gaye in the late 60's, James Brown probably in 1964. Back then, they would have these huge reviews with many acts si in one night you could see The Temptations, Four Tops.......it was years before I realized it was only because Black Artists were denied venues and accommodations. Shameful period. I love the old/early rock & roll acts, Fats Domino, Huey 'Piano' Smith, The Diamonds.......coming of age stuff like Janis Joplin, Jimmie Hendrix, Lynard Skynard, Otis Redding. So many artists, Paul Simon, Aretha Franklin, the early stuff from Randy Neuman, Leon Redbone, Doctor John, love, love, love most New Orleans sound. My parents were big band fans, so I love Artie Shaw, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Lional Hampton, Dorsey Brothers. I enjoy talented musicians in almost genre. I have some Nirvana, M.C. Hammer. Gogol Bordello and would love to get my hands on CD's by the Leningrad Cowboys, but nothing is available in the US. The group is from Finland, very campy and one of my favs is their version of "Sweet Home Alabama" backed up by the Red Army Band in full uniform. Did I mention Lyle Lovatt? He often collaborates with some of the most talented musicians and singers and he has that great Texas swing thing going on.

Have to get ready for an othomologist appt, so I'll be back later when I have time to think of more music.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 11:46 am
I used to find "Leningrad Cowboys" on YouTube, I hope they are still up.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:36 pm
@glitterbag,
Some great music listed there. Temptations - oh how I loved them - one of my favourite black groups - never saw them perform, alas. Janis Joplin - another great fave. And Dr John - have everything he's ever made - love that sound! I like big bands but I'm not the aficionado that you are - my mother was a trained opera singer, and from her I inherited my love of grand opera - funny how we take on stuff that our parents liked, isn't it?

My top favourite music? Gosh - hard to say. I could swear it was Latin American in the morning, Heavy Metal in the afternoon, and by evening it could be New Orleans Jazz - then all change by the next day! I love music for the way it makes me feel!

A lot of my most favourite music is from the 60s and 70s - the Doors, never grew tired of them. So many more - Led Zeppelin, The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, Scott Walker - too many to mention in one post. Here's a Dr John track -

And one of my top favourites to dance to - mentally if not physically nowadays! Smooth by Santana -

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:41 pm
@Dutchy,
I find Flamenco Guitar very soothing - loved the track by Armik that you posted. And Andrew Rieu - he's on tv across here fairly often - very popular. Here's one for you -

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:35 pm
@glitterbag,
ENVY
Not really but wow!!!! To have gone to all of those concerts...

Love music, used to sing in Restaurants when I managed them, a couple of times on TV, and once in a Hotel, though old school as well, just the slow stuff... It was a Restaurant Wink

Funny, I went to a couple of concerts and nearly fainted. Pretty sure I am claustrophobic well, I know I am Wink

I can just see the lot of you, clicking on the songs, turning up the sound and dancing somewhat Smile

Ruby, is plodding along nicely, happy, we are bathing the wound. OMG huge. The Vet thinks that "I" think I will cure him now lols. I know full well that the lumps aren't going down and that, he, we, are buying more time, as long as he is happy, I am happy...

Cool weather.
Work.
Get to have coffee with a girlfriend though and tomorrow, a second cousin..

I love this song!

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/starr_gurl25/Decorated%20images/Galbraith014.jpg

Sang it at my wedding, yes, I did! Pftttttttttttt wrong husband Wink
vonny

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:54 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Is this the chap, Declan Galbraith? What was the song?

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 03:47 pm
@vonny,
CHAP !

Only the English Wink

I haven't worked out how to use the URL - for youtube yet Wink

But the song is "NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN" ..... x
Dutchy

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 08:00 pm
@vonny,
Vonny specially for you some jazz. The Dutch Swing College Orchestra playing at a Jazz Festival in Switzerland 1990.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEelEUaz1zA
glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 09:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I didn't see all the artists I mentioned in concert, but I did see The Stones, Linda Ronstadt, Marvin Gaye, a review that included James Brown, Temptations, 4 Tops, the Drifters and a number of other acts frankly I can't remember. I did see Dr. John in a small club in Annapolis and Leon Redbone, War, Professor Longhair at the same place. Acts like the Stones sell out in minutes, it's hard to buy even crappy seats.

I often buy CD's when I only care for one cut, some think its a waste of money but I love my music. I heard Ravels Bolero played by a group I think was called 6 Spanish Guitars, it was fabulous but I haven't been able to find the recording. I saw a group called Shapphire, Uppity Blues Women....unfortunately the pianist died a few years back and the other two have retired. They were not well known but their CD's are terrific. I am more partial to symphony than opera. I admire the strength of the voices and if you have seen Evita or Les Mis on stage
you will be sorely disappointed with the movie versions.

When Mr. Glitterbag and I were dating, we saw a grungy group do sea shanties at an Annapolis cafe near the harbor, it was spell binding. There is so much talent and too few venues.

I also love Bonnie Raitt, she doesn't have great power in her voice but that gal can sing, she has also had joined other artists and made some magic. She did a version of Burning Down the House witch I love. Love Talking Heads and dear God I didn't mention Tina Turner, her voice got better or she got her voice trained because her later versions of River Deep, Mountain High is so much more powerful than her early version. I didn't mention Sly and the Family Stone, their music made me delirious. When we were young we would be blasting Sly while we got ready to go out. Music is a wonderful way to set a mood. Sighhhh, I'm going to fire up a few before I head off to bed. I'll be signing out now, be back later.