Governor Brownback, #heblowsalot, Says Youth Of America

djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 09:58 am
Emma Sullivan was taking part in a Youth in Government program last week in Topeka. While in the back of a crowd listening to Governor Sam Brownback she tweeted

emmakate988 Emma Sullivan Just made mean comments at gov brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot

Emma, who only had 65 followers at the time, she later admitted that she did it just as a joke.

The Governors office saw the tweet and contacted the Youth in Action program. Now Sullivan’s principal is demanding that she write an apology letter, and is even suggesting ‘talking points’ for the letter, but she’s refusing. Some of her later tweets were “I knew this day would come, but I didnt know itd be today #makingheadlines” and “Thank you to everyone who is supporting me!” and “Please send all questions or requests to [email protected].”

Now Emma has 6500 followers (and growing) and lots of attention,and she’s also now saying that she has political disagreements with the governor. She has received emails from attorneys but is waiting to see what happens when she refuses to hand in a letter.

UPDATE: The Huffington Post is now reporting that Governor Brownback has sent an apology to Emma Sullivan.

“My staff over-reacted to this tweet, and for that I apologize. Freedom of speech is among our most treasured freedoms. I enjoyed speaking to the more than 100 students who participated in the Youth in Government Program at the Kansas Capitol. They are our future. I also want to thank the thousands of Kansas educators who remind us daily of our liberties, as well as the values of civility and decorum. Again, I apologize for our over-reaction.”

Read the entire story at Huffington Post
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,569 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 10:19 am
@djjd62,
This is the first time I noticed a hashtag in the subject line of an a2k thread. Groundbreaking work DJ!

That girl, Emma, should get a full scholarship to any college or university she chooses.
0 Replies