No social life?

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:21 pm
I just moved to a new school in 11th grade. This school is a private k-12 school, and most people have known each other since they were tiny. They have established close friendships and kept those friendships for a very long time. I am quite a social person, but I'm not exactly the preppy type. I'm a bit of a weirdo and a geek. I'm a girl, and quite a few people have told me that I'm pretty and have a pleasant personality, which they say is a rare mix. But I don't know about that. I talk to people first, and after a while I try to make plans if I am sure the people don't hate me. But something always comes up that keeps the plans from coming to life. This has begun to discourage me, and I feel like I'm going to go through the last 2 years of highschool without making any real friends, due to my unfortunate situation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,715 • Replies: 3
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:16 pm
@KittyLasers,
The problem may be that you are trying to hard to organise social activities, or it may be that, being a close knit school, you have to become known and accepted first. The latter will naturally happen if you stay yourself, or if you are in an environment where they will naturally get to know you (team sports, committees, debating teams...anything involving a group of people interacting in a formalised environment)
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:26 pm
@KittyLasers,
Changing this late even in public schools is very hard socially, doing it in a small private school is even worse. Keep trying, but odds are these last two years are going to kinda suck. I would be looking for something to do outside of school, something where talent will give you a leg up.
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 04:09 pm
@KittyLasers,
try to be poliet to certain people geeks like urself and then just try to become apart of some group
0 Replies