Bluetooth + portable CD players

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:57 pm
Are there any portable CD players with Bluetooth capability?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 6,774 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:05 pm
@Tomkitten,
Maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing the practality of how you'd work functions needed to control a CD player. Bluetooth tech and CD players ...hmmm?

When operating a CD player, there's the need to load the CD player, start, stop, skip, advance ... not to mention control volume, etc. The way I think of most a bluetooth devices, they're designed to fit in ear. They have controls like on, off, and volume and disengage.
Ragman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:28 pm
@Ragman,
I stand corrected. Sorry for misleading. There are in-dash CD players that are bluetooth capable. I know only that much. If you Google bluetooth CD players you will find out more.
Tomkitten

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 06:06 pm
@Ragman,
I did Google Bluetooth, but couldn't find anything clear. There were portable CD players, just the flat round ones, but it wasn't clear if they were in any way Bluetooth compatible. I want something that will free both hands while I'm doing house work and such - life was much easier with my old Walkman cassette player. But thanks for the response.
teddi

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:55 pm
@Tomkitten,
That is exactly what I am looking for. I didn't expect to have much trouble finding what I want....What a surprise. I would like to have a cd player that can accept 3 or 4 cds at a time so I can listen to my music while i go about my daily activities in the house. My husband is quite disabled and cannot tolerate much sound. Can anyone build such a thing?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:29 pm
@teddi,
The Bluetooth-compatible portable CD player was mostly replaced by items like the iPod and other mp3 players before it ever had a chance to hit the market.

To accomplish what you want, you might have to go for an mp3 player that is Bluetooth compatible and then transfer your CD music to your computer (convert it to mp3 format) and then to your mp3 player.
0 Replies