Who ever considers themselves to be a friend of JGOLDMAN10 please identify yourself

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 05:51 pm
JGOLDMAN10 wrote:
I do not act the way I act online on some web forums and/or boards the way I do in real life.

You SHOULD NOT ASSUME that I do.

I have friends and contacts on other web forums and/or boards and I have a few friends here.

http://able2know.org/topic/180444-3#post-4799294

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,798 • Replies: 64

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 08:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just as I suspected...this thread is deader than a doornail....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Goldman is a guilty pleasure. Ill peek in now and again and just shake my head at how whacked over he is. First hes doing a comic, then he wants to know how, then he asks for advice on everything from hairstyles to "street fighting" scenarios. Then he keeps up a running gunfight with peoiple who are obviously tearing his ass apart at his expense and he doesnt have a clue. Then he asks for advice for seeking another degree (apparenntly he missed the four years of "inside info" that he got while pursuing his first degree). Did I miss anything?

Hes kinda like a really bad comedian on a stage. First ya hate the sumbitch for being so lame. Then all of a sudden you feel sorry for the poor schmuck for thinking that he was even funny. Im at stage two with Goldman. I feel like we oughta quit and let him juswt post quietly and quit this baiting. He obviously has issues .

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:21 pm
farmer nailed it.It's kind of the same horrified facination with which people watch demolition derby or train wrecks. You know there's nothing you can do to change it and the crash is going to be really spectacular. Most of us have in fact tried to give him help and answers to his questions, but he just ignores them and keeps heading for the cliff and the crash will be awe-inspiring, though there's a good chance his lug nuts are loose and his wheels will fall off before he ever reaches the cliff. Which will probably be worth watching too.
Ragman

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
My best guess is that it's anti-social..or very poor social skills. More likely some degree of Asperger syndrome.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:27 pm
I'd tend to agree. He makes it very hard to sympathize with his condition.
Ragman

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
it seems he has no ability to relate to others...unless it's him directing the conversation or they are 100% in agreement with his POV.

Here's an interesting article on the topic of Asperger syndrome:

Pervasive developmental disorder - Asperger syndrome; Autistic spectrum disorder - Asperger

Last reviewed: April 26, 2010.

Asperger syndrome is often considered a high functioning form of autism. People with this syndrome have difficulty interacting socially, repeat behaviors, and often are clumsy. Motor milestones may be delayed.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Hans Asperger labeled this disorder "autistic psychopathy" in 1944. The exact cause is unknown. More than likely, an abnormality in the brain is the cause of Asperger syndrome.

There is a possible link to autism, and genetic factors may play a role. The disorder tends to run in families. A specific gene has not been identified.

The condition appears to be more common in boys than in girls.

Although people with Asperger syndrome often have difficulty socially, many have above-average intelligence. They may excel in fields such as computer programming and science. There is no delay in their cognitive development, ability to take care of themselves, or curiosity about their environment.

Symptoms

People with Asperger syndrome become over-focused or obsessed on a single object or topic, ignoring all others. They want to know everything about this topic, and often talk about little else.

Children with Asperger syndrome will present many facts about their subject of interest, but there will seem to be no point or conclusion.

They often do not recognize that the other person has lost interest in the topic.

Areas of interest may be quite narrow, such as an obsession with train schedules, phone books, a vacuum cleaner, or collections of objects.

People with Asperger do not withdraw from the world in the way that people with autism withdraw. They will often approach other people. However, their problems with speech and language in a social setting often lead to isolation.

Their body language may be off.

They may speak in a monotone, and may not respond to other people's comments or emotions.

They may not understand sarcasm or humor, or they may take a figure of speech literally.

They do not recognize the need to change the volume of their voice in different settings.

They have problems with eye contact, facial expressions, body postures, or gestures (nonverbal communication).

They may be singled out by other children as "weird" or "strange."

People with Asperger syndrome have trouble forming relationships with children their own age or other adults, because they:

Are unable to respond emotionally in normal social interactions

Are not flexible about routines or rituals

Have difficulty showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people

Do not express pleasure at other people's happiness

Children with Asperger syndrome may show delays in motor development, and unusual physical behaviors, such as:

Delays in being able to ride a bicycle, catch a ball, or climb play equipment

Clumsiness when walking or doing other activities

Repetitive behaviors, in which they sometimes injure themselves

Repetitive finger flapping, twisting, or whole body movements

Many children with Asperger syndrome are very active, and may also be diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Anxiety or depression may develop during adolescence and young adulthood. Symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and a tic disorder such as Tourette syndrome may be seen.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:31 pm
@Ragman,
Guy goes to a shrink and the Doc is interviewing him
'SHRINK:"Well Mr Goldman, what seems to be your trouble"

GOLDMAN:" I already said that NOBODY likes me!! ARENT YOU LISTENING YOU ASSHOLE"?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:41 pm
re the Asperger's symptoms.
OK, now what do we think about OmSigDavid?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
alien probe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrklgH8wC0
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 02:15 am
Whoever tagged this "two of a kind," that was hilarious, i salute you . . .
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 02:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Whoever tagged this "two of a kind," that was hilarious, i salute you . . .
It was an award winning insult of me, certainly belongs in the top 50 all time great A2K insults....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 05:35 am
I put him on ignore months ago and wasn't fully aware he was still fodder here. I also got into the game in the beginning when I thought he was probably just a troll, but when I realized I was unintentionally baiting a person with a mental illness I dropped out. I know he thrives on the attention, but that is part of his problem. It's like handing weapons to a person who wants to commit suicide. It's pathetic and I don't want to be a part of it.
Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 06:02 am
@Green Witch,
There is some pathology going on here that we are not aware of. He first showed up here about seven or eight years ago. At that time, he had occasional threads in which he asked about slang and the argot of steet gangs in various places in the world. He also asked about texts in Old English or Middle English. It was in such a thread that i first encountered him. Whatever the subject of the thread was, i was talking about Thomas Malory and The Death of Arthur, the first big "best seller" in English (printed by Caxton in 1485, it's actaully early Modern English). I commented that i admired Malory for his dedication to his religious views. Goldman either knew from other threads that i'm not religious, or it came up there, so he attemtped to suggest that i was being a hypocrite. I told him i could admire someone else's dedication to their ideals without sharing them. Other members even came along and told him there is nothing hypocritical for admiring someone else's dedication to ideals which one does not hold. I finally told him to **** off, and stopped looking at his threads.

The thing is, at that time, there was none of this wild ass **** about comic books, fundamentalist christianity, my mama's a preacher, i'm black and all of the other unconvincing bullshit he peddles now. In fact, i had thought he was a European, a German perhaps, and although i don't now recall, i think he may have said as much.

His line of bullshit has deteriorated considerably in the last couple of years. I think he may have been gone for a while, and came back with this bizarre persona.

But GW's right, it is feeding the troll to talk to him, and may in fact be feeding a deteriorating mind.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:23 am
What GW said.

I thought it was considered rude to post a thread about someone like this. This is not the first thread about this guy, and I believe it was mentioned in a previous thread about him that it was rude to do it.

What's your point, Hawk?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:44 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

JGOLDMAN10 wrote:
I do not act the way I act online on some web forums and/or boards the way I do in real life.

You SHOULD NOT ASSUME that I do.

I have friends and contacts on other web forums and/or boards and I have a few friends here.

http://able2know.org/topic/180444-3#post-4799294

I consider myself a friend to all; and the only thing keeping me from being a friend of Goldenboy is that he is so unaware that he is a jackass, and seems even proud of the fact that he is acting like one, -and all the while blaming others when he can't make it with folks... As you can tell, I do not mind people being jackasses, or what ever they are... It would be cool if people could be honest about what they were because if they cannot be honest about themselves and their motivations they cannot be much trusted at anything... To be polite and even honest, no body can do it alone, no one knows enough, and no one knows it all... Even the worst of people can make a good bad example, and no one knows what torture they may have survived at the hands of people who should have been their friends that made them useless or rotten inside... I trust that so long as intelligent people live, they grow in thought and emotional understanding... And; if people cannot grow then they are still human and worthy of all the respect we can manage for them...I value people first, and try to honor and respect them without reason in the hope that they will warrant my respect, valuation, and honor...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:47 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

re the Asperger's symptoms.
OK, now what do we think about OmSigDavid?
I think most of us would like to fix the country, and that David thinks fixing the country would mean fixing all the blacks and browns and all of us, for a start, and then removing from us the rights we so highly value and take for granted...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 09:28 am
@hawkeye10,
I like him alright. I think he is just a bit more passionate about some of his thoughts than others.

But it may be that I have dealt with people that express themselves inappriotely other times without meaning to - I've managed some people that are very difficult at work. And strangely just heard that a VP in my group calls me the "fred" whisperer. fred being the name of the difficult person.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 10:30 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Who ever considers themselves to be a friend of JGOLDMAN10

Who?

Seriously... anyone not using the "ignore user" feature of A2K is missing out on one of the best methods for customizing your whole A2K experience. Judicious use of the ignore feature changes the whole complexion of the system (for the better, IMO).
Fido

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 12:18 pm
@rosborne979,
There is no one on my ignore list though there are many I find insulting and offensive... It is a line from Bob Dylan that I guess goes back to St. Mark; that before you can heal the sick you must first forgive them... We all have our issues, our baggage, our prejudices which we defend as though they were our own sweet babes... Why should it not be expected the people will defend what they are and believe??? I keep expecting to see the best in some one who before may only have seemed deranged, ignorant, or a mental cripple....Consider it a weakness if you will, but I cannot give up on people... I need them... If I will ever reach them with my understanding of the facts it is because I have come to understand them, and it is not an easy task, but it is one the ignore button makes impossible...

1. Forums
  2. » Who ever considers themselves to be a friend of JGOLDMAN10 please identify yourself
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 10:08:38