Who ever considers themselves to be a friend of JGOLDMAN10 please identify yourself

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:03 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Neurosis is the prime driver of civilization

I am not sold, but I do note that some of the most successful people rank high on the looney tunes chart. Steve Jobs is one recently discussed example.
Fido

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:18 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

FOUND SOUL wrote:

If I continue, you'll counter-act, because you will want to be right:)

So, the person who thinks they are always right, can fit into my catagory of logical reasons as to "why" are they a fool? Define it. What they are is wrong, no one is perfect no one is "always" right.

Trying anything in life, is brave, learning is good, trying to be right all the time? Is a "need" why a person "needs to" reverts back to my original statement.

You don't have to be mentally ill, you could purely be egotistc, or righteous opinionated, stubborn that's not an illness...

There is no right or wrong because how one person sees something is their priogrative, how another sees something is theres...

The only rights and wrongs are law.. Can't get past that one.

Let me see if I can get this now that I am at a computer... Social Laws are made out of our conceptions of right and wrong, and not the reverse except in the weak of mind... And scientific laws are made out of our notions of correct and incorrect, or true and false; but we are not ever in a position to prove true what we think true, and rely upon the laws we rely upon only because we cannot prove them false..
Fido

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:21 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Neurosis is the prime driver of civilization

I am not sold, but I do note that some of the most successful people rank high on the looney tunes chart. Steve Jobs is one recently discussed example.
As the death wish was described by Freud and others, it is the force behind all the destruction of nature, the environment, and all technological advance... If people actually loved life they would live it, and enjoy every moment of it...
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 01:59 pm
@Fido,
Hawkeye wrote

Quote:
I am rejecting the claim that we hear so often today that there is no right and wrong, and what's more that the person who thinks he is right is mentally ill no matter what reality is.

Without a doubt, laws are set down by man, be it right or wrong, we have no choice to abide those laws. We can think alot of them are outdated, wrong, too harsh, but we can't do anything about it, not as an individual or manority. So I don't see "weak minds" And scientifically, it's theory until proved factual enough to be a very good possibility based on extensive testing or research...then it may be "tried, or passed"..again, by man... Certainly what we think is irrelevant even if that theory has been proven wrong, it would be wrong by one person's account, if wrong by us.

I was merely pointing out we can't reject the claim that there is right from wrong as far as the law goes. The cup is half full, the cup is half empty, there is no right or wrong there. And, I am saying, people who live their lives, their way, aren't breaking the law, are called out " you are wrong" for living like that, yet they are right, as they are living their lives for them, not others. There is no right and wrong way, unless it affects others, or one or more laws are broken, it may not be the way we live, therefore it may be wrong in our mind, but not in theres.

I am also saying there is nothing wrong with learning, and getting "things" right as a result, that it doesn't mean if you are compulsive in always being right, then you are deemed ill, it can also be as simple as personality, "ego, or opinionated or the need to always be right.
Fido

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 11:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Hawkeye wrote

Quote:
I am rejecting the claim that we hear so often today that there is no right and wrong, and what's more that the person who thinks he is right is mentally ill no matter what reality is.

Without a doubt, laws are set down by man, be it right or wrong, we have no choice to abide those laws. We can think alot of them are outdated, wrong, too harsh, but we can't do anything about it, not as an individual or manority. So I don't see "weak minds" And scientifically, it's theory until proved factual enough to be a very good possibility based on extensive testing or research...then it may be "tried, or passed"..again, by man... Certainly what we think is irrelevant even if that theory has been proven wrong, it would be wrong by one person's account, if wrong by us.

I was merely pointing out we can't reject the claim that there is right from wrong as far as the law goes. The cup is half full, the cup is half empty, there is no right or wrong there. And, I am saying, people who live their lives, their way, aren't breaking the law, are called out " you are wrong" for living like that, yet they are right, as they are living their lives for them, not others. There is no right and wrong way, unless it affects others, or one or more laws are broken, it may not be the way we live, therefore it may be wrong in our mind, but not in theres.

I am also saying there is nothing wrong with learning, and getting "things" right as a result, that it doesn't mean if you are compulsive in always being right, then you are deemed ill, it can also be as simple as personality, "ego, or opinionated or the need to always be right.
Of scientific laws we can be some what certain...

Of moral laws we can only be certain that one will turn what was created out of an objective sense of good to an evil sort of purpose...

Every law has a loophole, and the more laws a people has the more loopholes it has created for itself... No people was so legalistice and punctual in the performance of law than the Jews, and Jesus made mincemeat of it because law is simply a form of relationship, and once that form is turned to the benefit of one it is turned toward the injury of others...

If you look at the law as given by Moses it is not complex at all except for the fact that it requires a psychological evaluation and honesty on the part of that one who lives up to it... Jesus took that one step closer, to a psychological relationship with God, where God knows what is written one ones heart and cares little for the outward profession of formal obedience...

We have law, but we also have lawyers, and judges and clerks, and cops and congressmen and jailers all living off of laws that never make anyone whole or ever serve vengeance, but inflicts upon the whole society a greater cost by way of penalty than crime alone, were costs all considered... We could enjoy crime and the exploits of criminals and easily make ourselves whole for the entertainment value alone; but after awhile the pursuit of criminals is one that costs so dearly that it sinks the whole society while the largest crimes, which are always legal crimes, go one unprosecuted...

A lot of our thinking on law goes back to early people and their view of group responsibility which was reflected in the common early belief among Christians that humanity, or their community would all go to heaven together, or all go to hell... Individuals commited crimes in primitive times, and that left the whole of their people, their community open to retribution, so it was ones own community which enforced the common law out of fear and necessity, and yet only in ones own community was any one free, and all were guarded and constrained in their behavior outside of their community...

Then why should we all suffer crime in the cost of punishment and detection that does not result in justice, and so only creates more criminals... The law as we have it has only become an excuse no different from that used by the criminal to feed on the fruit of society without actual labor by the power of fear because both law man and law less do as they can do while we can only suffer their doing it...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:20:43