Who ever considers themselves to be a friend of JGOLDMAN10 please identify yourself

Fido

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 12:20 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I like him alright. I think he is just a bit more passionate about some of his thoughts than others.

But it may be that I have dealt with people that express themselves inappriotely other times without meaning to - I've managed some people that are very difficult at work. And strangely just heard that a VP in my group calls me the "fred" whisperer. fred being the name of the difficult person.
Fred used to mean: Man of peace... Why is yours so ruthless...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 01:01 pm
@Fido,
You don't need to defend your position Fido. If you're happy reading the stuff that everyone posts, then you should continue. I'm just saying that for those who find certain users, or the A2K experience as a whole, unpleasant for any reason, they can change the entire feel of the board by making certain things invisible.

There is a lot of information on the internet (and in A2K) that may not be relevant within the limited amount of time each of us has to spend finding the things that we want to explore. So in those cases, selective filtering is a good alternative. I don't consider it a personal indictment of anyone that I put on ignore, I just see it as a way to focus the forum into selections which are most valuable to me.
saab

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 12:59 am
It is one of those posts, which I think is unfair and impolite.
Why openly critizice a aperson? There are posts like this now and then on a2k.
Whom do you have on ignore? Who is your favorite?
Openly to tell whom you have on ignore, is not very nice either. In real life we usually do not go around and tell loudly so a third party can hear it "I ignore him/her.

I don´t have anybody on ignore. I don´t read posts when the subject does not interest me.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 01:06 am
@saab,
Quote:

GOLDBRICK reaps what he has sowed, thus is the path of justice.
saab

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:11 am
So in your eyes it is perfectly all right to point fingers at outsiders?
I would call that mobbing or at least start of mobbing, but for you it is
the path of justice.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:29 am
@saab,

Quote:
Who is the alleged outsider? The Avatar who has been a member for almost 7 years??

Please enlighten me as to your understanding of the word "outsider"...
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:34 am
@saab,
I like Jason, he makes me laugh. Some of his posts are hilarious. I've got a problem with his homophobia, but by and large he brightens up my day.
saab

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 03:19 am
@hawkeye10,
An outsider is
One who is excluded from a party, association, or set. A classmate can be an outsider and not fit into the class or not being accepted in a class no matter if s/he has been there for one year or 10 years.
Alcoholics are often outsiders in a community.
An outsider can also be a person who isolates himself from society, a person who does not want contact with others even thou s/he has lived for years in the same building, same area or same village. Worked at the same place for years.
saab

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 03:21 am
@izzythepush,
I feel like you do.
If you don´t like someone or their posts - ignore them, but don´t start gossiping openly in a forum about that person.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 03:44 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I feel like you do.
If you don´t like someone or their posts - ignore them, but don´t start gossiping openly in a forum about that person.
Is there a movement afoot to scrub the internet of snark?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 03:49 am
@saab,
Quote:
One who is excluded from a party, association, or set
There is your confusion, as Butterfly recently pointed out GOLDBRICK has no interest in being a part of the herd.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 03:53 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I feel like you do.

Yeah, but petty squabbles are what motivates a lot of people on A2K. And I'm guilty of it too. There are a lot of 'nice' posters who just talk about community and self help, but if you've got an opinion, you're going to make enemies, and I've got my fair share of those.
saab

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 04:58 am
@hawkeye10,
If you had read my post to the end you would have seen that I am not confused as I pointed out that it can also be a person who isolates himself from society.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:24 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

You don't need to defend your position Fido. If you're happy reading the stuff that everyone posts, then you should continue. I'm just saying that for those who find certain users, or the A2K experience as a whole, unpleasant for any reason, they can change the entire feel of the board by making certain things invisible.

There is a lot of information on the internet (and in A2K) that may not be relevant within the limited amount of time each of us has to spend finding the things that we want to explore. So in those cases, selective filtering is a good alternative. I don't consider it a personal indictment of anyone that I put on ignore, I just see it as a way to focus the forum into selections which are most valuable to me.

Please do not consider that while trying to respect everyone that I read or respect all they come up with... I do not have time for any of this... I am retired and I still live a demanding life... Some subjects and people are of little interest to me, but I do not feel I need to make a point of the fact... I think some people runneth over... Many people think I runneth over... Perhaps at times we all runneth over... And yet, to mis quote others: People are generally unjust, and generally kinder than we would expect given our general disregard for justice... Justice takes pains and gives pain, and for that reason is avoided... Even when people slander and malign others the attempted injury is usually so gross and unfair that no one could ever expect it to be seriously taken... We really want to poke and prod each other like little kids poke and prod at poopy to see what will come out of it... No one wants goldman to stick his head in a oven though many many think it is a little short of well done... What we want, and deserve is a community of people who can think well and straight, with enough imagination to supply new solutions to old problems, and that -is worth a few pokes...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:31 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

GOLDBRICK reaps what he has sowed, thus is the path of justice.
I love justice and talk about it a bunch; but it is hard to deny that while justice is conceived of as an absolute quantity, it is practiced, when it it practiced at all, as a relative quality... I would love justice for all if it did not demand justice for me, for though I have often suffered less of it than I have needed, I have often had more of it than I deserved when the right amount might have left me hanging...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:39 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I would call that mobbing or at least start of mobbing, but for you it is
the path of justice.

Outsiders put themselves out... No one is more a member of a community than they accept the morality of the community, and by that standard our whole society and even the world contains many people who are outlaws to all though the live in the best of neighborhoods and enjoy the best of every society... People used to be scapegoated, driven out in the wilds where they were no better than beasts on the presumption of some crime or sin they may have or may have not commited... If J Goldman has put himself out with many it is by his own bad behavior, and not because people believe god will punish a whole community for the crimes of an individual... I think he wants to be a stinker... And I could care less because his ability to hurt me is minimal and his ability to marginalize himself is great...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:45 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
One who is excluded from a party, association, or set
There is your confusion, as Butterfly recently pointed out GOLDBRICK has no interest in being a part of the herd.
Being a social animal and surviving socially, really, by means of our relationships formed with each other has nothing what ever to do with being a herd animal... There is a lot of group think but that is because people have found the limit of their form, and their needs are not being met, and seeing no way out, they resort to former behavior: Religion, spiritualism, custom, patriotism, legalism, etc. all of which seemed to have worked in the past... There is no real solution except to break the form and move forward, but for now, imitation of others whe seem to be happy is the best we might expect...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

saab wrote:

I feel like you do.

Yeah, but petty squabbles are what motivates a lot of people on A2K. And I'm guilty of it too. There are a lot of 'nice' posters who just talk about community and self help, but if you've got an opinion, you're going to make enemies, and I've got my fair share of those.
As a general matter people should be careful of their selection of friends and enemies, but I would rather have a good enemy than a bad friend...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Oh yeah.
I am pretty guilty of that myself. Though now, I dont worry too much about what others think about my opinions. Everyone else takes time to vent theirs, I can do the same thing. I speak here exactly as I do in my day to day life so there is nothing I have to hide.
Im not offering my opinion as fact........(except that I do think goldman has some serious mental issues.. i will say THATS a fact. )

but i also think he is a real asshole too. (<--opinion)

But another opinion I have is that this thread is absolutely stupid . ( <--could be fact)

I cant stand goldman. I have him on ignore. Only out of sheer boredom , or morbid curiosity i may open a post by him. It amazes me time and time again how much crap that guy is fed to just keep going and going. And im amazed still that people just keep feeding and feeding then complaining that he is still there.

he is really numb to human behavior, social behavior and what appears to be basic emotions. Yet people ( myself included) have tried time and time again to find his hot button to get a human reaction out of him . You might as well piss up hill after 5 beers and try to not get sprayed.

Still... people do it, so you have to wonder who the real idiot is in that equation..

I get it. It is a train wreck that you can not really turn away from. His behavior is.. just amazing sometimes.. .. but yall? Its ******* tiring already.
Fido

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 09:30 am
@shewolfnm,
I agree that goldman is something of a human train wreck in progress, but there is a possibility with such people of actually learning what went wrong with them and what made them become themselves...

Personally, I am just now coming to terms with a lot of stuff that happened in my youth that might have seemed quite minor at the time, but was actually quite devestating to my relationship with my parents who I very much needed and once loved and admired... They were not even bad people as people go, but so damned insensitive that I had to deny my feeling to even exist with them... All the damage they did me might might have killed me many times over, and it resulted in my being a terribly hurtful person whose damage I am still trying to clean up and correct...

The object of paying attention to the goldmans of the world is to prevent their feeling like they have to take up violence as a form of communication, which it is, though one of last resort... I do not want to deny to goldman this as a last resort... I am certain he needs therapy and equally certain that I am the wrong person to give it to him... What if I am all he has??? I will not demean him no matter how much he demeans himself...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 09:33:39