I like to get up early, check my

Sturgis

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:39 am
@hawkeye10,
It works well for me. Some of it goes back to the early years when I had to wake up early, and it stuck. Besides, I like it early, I enjoy watching the day come alive.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 12:14 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

It works well for me. Some of it goes back to the early years when I had to wake up early, and it stuck. Besides, I like it early, I enjoy watching the day come alive.

HAH! ....I had to get up at 4:30 every single ******* day for five years as a teen when I had my paper route and vowed to never do it again for a job, but it has not worked out that way. By choice? Wow. NO WAY!
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 12:23 pm
@Mame,
I used to hate mornings but now I've adapted quite well. I like getting off earlier now then when I worked evenings at my past job at the dog kennel.

I've been doing well with a range of 6 to 7 hours a sleep per night as I usually get 7 to 8 hours of sleep in the morning.

I wish I had a usable computer as my morning routine when I did have one several months back including catching up on watching the prior night's The Daily Show and the Colbert Report episodes.

On the other hand, I'm still not very sociable (not quite grogginess) in the morning so I guess I still haven't fully adapted in that aspect.

I wouldn't change a thing in terms of work schedule so early mornings are here to stay ... (until I win the lottery and don't have to work anymore).
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 01:47 pm
I'm a night owl too. I can't sleep most of the time until the morning. My husband is in bed by 9, he's lucky if I join him 3 hours later...
Recently, I've been going to bed around one am. and I'm awake 2-3 hours later and lie there waiting for sleep to return, sometime hours later. Then the blasted dogs are up, wide awake tails wagging, first thing in the morning so I don't get to sleep in either. I've got a headache.
Damnit.
First thing I do after tending to the hounds... Drink a big glass of water. Then I check facebook et al, then whatever needs to be done around the house.
I wish I could take a nap.
I miss sleeping.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 02:11 pm
@Mame,
All my life, I 've been a nite person; kept late hours; not good in the AM.

NOW, I 'm free of the clock, unless I have an appointment to go anywhere (e.g., the airport).
Accordingly, each hour of the clock is fungible.

Life: thy name is freedom

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 02:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sturgis wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
HAH! ....I had to get up at 4:30 every single ******* day for five years as a teen when I had my paper route and vowed to never do it again for a job, but it has not worked out that way. By choice? Wow. NO WAY!
In my youth, I worked for the NY Stock Exchange. I chose the late shift,
from 12m to 8 AM. It was peaceful; quiet. It was fun heading for home
when everyone else was going to work.

For fun, I coud call out to someone else on that shift
that it was good to be going home, to the howls
of newly arrived employees of the day shift, drinking their AM coffee.

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 02:32 pm
As a non employed person since I moved to New Mexico, I've been adjusting my hours, figuring out my natural ways. Generally, due to work and other stuff to do for many decades, I've been up, if not up and at 'em, around 7 a.m. For a bunch of years I was busy nearly around the clock, working on school work until three or four a.m (worked in those years too) and doing similar the next time I went to school - design homework in the middle of the night, up at seven to get to my job. My natural sparkiest time is right around 4 - 6 in the afternoon/evening. Which... unfortunately, might also be when I need to start cooking something. But generally that's when my design brain or painting brain cooks fastest too.

There used to be an 11 pm hump - if I stayed up past that, I might be up until 3 or 4 a.m.

Now I tend to wake at 5 or 6 a.m., put the coffee on, stare at google news. Gradually read other news online sites, check a2k, maybe not post. Start to putter around, get active around 8 a.m. It would have to be something dire for me to make a phone call before that.

Now I may sleep early - say, nine - but wake up at 1 a.m. and read, fall asleep again. Wake up at 4, read, fall asleep again.
So.. I don't really know how many hours I sleep, but I sleep pretty well when I do.

I never used to like to have to get up early - the exception being for travel. Get up at four a.m. to get to the airport in time, swell with me, bags packed..

0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 03:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
. . . NOW, I 'm free of the clock, unless I have an appointment to go
anywhere (e.g., the airport).
. . .Life: thy name is freedom . . .
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find OmSigDAVID and slap him upside the
head. Well, no, not really. I congratulate you on your freedom.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 03:14 pm
I get up early and check into any maps or project stuff that was sent night before. We have a map service in TAiwan that we send all ourdata (surveying stuff) and since all surveying instruments now record the laser data and the surveyor can insert comments by an Ipad or a laptop with "Dargon", the maps get done YESTERDAY and while we are sleeping.
While stuff is downloading I check into A2K (usually , lately its not been too inetersting), then I check into an art discussion line and a woodworking line. By then all my project **** is downloaded and I go back to bed for an hour (I take my morning blood pressure pills and it usually knocks me out for an hour after the drugs kick in)
My wife gets up about 6 and feeds the canines and the cats.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 12:54 am

B4 I retired, if I were not in the middle of litigating in court,
I locked the door to my office n took a nap in the AM.

David
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 08:37 am
I'm definitely a morning person. My internal alarm clock wakes me up at 5:00am every day, regardless of when I go to bed. I don't adjust well to the time changes and I've been getting up at 4:00am for the past few weeks. I enjoy my mornings. Actually, I hit the floor running and it's all downhill from there.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 08:42 am
i'm a morning person, usually up by 6 am if not a bit earlier, check the web, grab some breakfast and then an hour walk
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 08:43 am
@djjd62,
I don 't even wanna take a CAB for an hour.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:31 am
I love to sleep in - especially in those cold mornings. I love snuggling under the covers and being lazy.

That being said - I am usually (except weekends) the first one up - I need to shower and be ready before every else so to make sure they are all set for their days and of course walking the dog. But I do like to get up at that last possible moment.

I used to, when single, get up extra early and work out in the mornings. Now with lack of sleep, it isn't a priority.

0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 04:14 pm
Get up, and put your blue jeans on, 'cause
it's gonna be a beautiful day. Optimism's the keyword.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 05:23 pm
I always wake up about five or six, depending if it is a work day. I turn on the coffee pot and TV news. Then give Punky the dog a little snack. Drink my H3O religiously. Then go to the computer for most of an hour. By then, my wife is up, getting ready to walk in the park. I drink my coffee while on the computer. Next, I have my breakfast. Years ago, I got in the habit of going to the job extra early, so I could scribble my poems and stories in a spiral notebook, then borrow the typewriter. After nearly twenty years, going there became a part of my routine, to the extent that when I had a computer and no further cause to go there early I compulsively went anyway. So I still do, but usually spend the time napping. Just before the rest of the crew shows up, I sit on the couch, ready to go.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 05:36 pm
@Mame,
Ah Mame - I'm a morning person as well. Generally stirring around 4:30AM up and moving about by 5:00AM. I love the stillness of the morning. I read my book and eat my breakfast all alone during the week. Weekends I am never alone for long - the boys are early risers - but for some strange reason only on the weekends. I can't them to budge on school days. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:02 am
Night owl. Like to stay up til three or four am and sleep til about eleven am.

Fat chance!

But I revert to that schedule immediately whenever I can.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:24 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Night owl. Like to stay up til three or four am and sleep til about eleven am.

Fat chance!

But I revert to that schedule immediately whenever I can.
When I was a student, I did that during Summer vacation.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:29 am
The little dogs let me sleep in today--they didn't get me up in the middle of the night, so i got up at 4:00. It's getting bloody cold out there! For reasons i won't go into, the little girl dog cannot be left outside unsupervised. Naturally, i was out there in my bare feet. My feet are sufficiently inured to the cold that i carry the trash out on trash days in my bare feet even with ice or snow. Today, standing out there waiting for the little girl dog, my feet got damned cold. What the hell is this, winter ? ! ? ! ?