What would it take for you to take a stand against the system the way occupy wall street is doing?

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:45 am
Whether you agree with occupy wall street or not is there anything at all that could make you be civil disobedient to show that you will not stand for certain actions that your government may be engaging in?

I myself am not sure that it requires civil disobedient here in the USA but I do have to admit that it does seem to bring more attention to their cause.

The biggest problem that I see the movement having is that the majority of the public is not educated about how the system is rigged against them and how there are new understandings of social systems.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,587 • Replies: 26
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 07:03 am
@reasoning logic,
i'd like to make a counter offer, i'll take 10 million tax free and move to a small town up north, spend my remaining years pumping the money back into the local economy and in return i'll leave the government alone if they leave me alone
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 07:13 am
@djjd62,
I am not sure if our money is going to be worth much more than the paper it is printed on in the near future not to mention they will tax you to death anyways so I do not think that they care where you move to.
djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 07:17 am
@reasoning logic,
not in Canada, i already stipulated the money be tax free, and as long as i don't earn any interest on the cash, i'd only be paying sale taxes on goods and services and property taxes, something i'm more than happy to do, i've never begrudged paying taxes they keep the country going
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:01 am
@djjd62,
Good luck with that coming true.
boomerang

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:04 am
@reasoning logic,
I am civilly disobedient in regard to standardized, high stakes, testing of students.
djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:11 am
@reasoning logic,
it has about as much a chance of working as the occupy thing does, the system sucks i agree, but it's the system, always has been, always will be, there might be some changes here and there, but nothing major in my opinion
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:15 am
@djjd62,
The occupy movement is world wide! How is your movement coming along?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:18 am
@boomerang,
What measures of disobedience have you taken?
djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:24 am
@reasoning logic,
about as well the occupy i guess, i've never felt the need to join a group, i've quit jobs because a union moved in, i've done my part for the country i happen to live in and for the most part said country has left me alone, i spend money i help the economy, i have no savings or investments so i'm not helping the banks in any way, i have no wife no kids, i don't own a car or house, i'm nearing fifty and if my family health history is any indication i've got about 15-20 years left (although i'm in better health than my father or his father were at this point), i don't want to be a burden on society if i can help it, if it comes to the point were i can't help myself, i figure i'll just end it all, hopefully this won't occur until my mother has passed at which point only my sister will be left and she has her own family to worry about.

i never asked to be here, the world owes me nothing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 08:28 am
@reasoning logic,
We refuse to participate and I encourage others to refuse to subject their children to them.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 09:11 am
Official Gear such as a sweatshirt and water bottle. I would also like to meet Ashton Kutcher.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 09:40 am
@wandeljw,
That's funny are you sure you would like to meet him in person? I guess their is nothing wrong with shaking his hand!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 06:43 am
@boomerang,
It looks like you are not the only one!

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 06:49 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
What would it take for you to take a stand against the system the way occupy wall street is doing?
Nothing, in that it is a 1OO% ineffective
waste
of its own time.

David
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 07:08 am
@reasoning logic,

Stand against the Occutards!
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 07:29 am
@H2O MAN,
Do you always put groups of people down when you do not get your way?
That seems childish to me!
thack45

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 07:40 am
@reasoning logic,
I assure you this is very much an adult mentality. And your comment is offensive to children.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 07:56 am
@thack45,
You do make a good point, this is learned behavior for the most part.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 02:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Do you always put groups of people down when you do not get your way?
That seems childish to me!
I disagree.
I believe that the groups are eminently worthy of being stood against.

Thay r devoid of merit. Waterman is right.

David