Bullying: Should I just suck it up, or can I retaliate?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 07:12 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:
Laughing Humor is the best medicine
I saw the biography of Tim Allen on TV.
He said that he found that to be effective,
but u need to be GOOD at it, to succeed with that tactic.

David
0 Replies

Hometutor

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 06:27 pm
@RexDraconis111,
Tell the parents who told you to ignore the bully a substitute teacher says their morons. Bullying is a serious issue. Because it's taken more serious now sites such as Facebook have antibullying policies in place. Report the bully to whatever site he/she is bullying you on.
0 Replies

Bobby5000

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 08:07 pm
@RexDraconis111,
Test
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 08:39 pm
@RexDraconis111,
Trying to engage with someone you want to stay away from you is probably not the best strategy.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2015 08:13 am
@RexDraconis111,
Was bullied merciously in school, but I was always big (probably why they chose me) and would fight back. My opinion then is a bully doesn't want you to fight back. They may act like they do getting in your face, goading us, etc. but as with everyone else, a good punch in the nose forces a reassesment and "if this really worth it?" Smile

When you think of bullies kike a predator on those wildlife shows, they're looking for the easy meal. The weak, lame, on sick. Not the able-bodied who pose a threat to them. So if you act like prey, you'll become prey. Act able-bodied and they'll pick someone else.

What I've learned from behavioral science study is if you make eye-contact you can avoid looking like prey. As you go about your business, if known bullies come around make eye contact with them. Let them know you see them and aren't worried about it. If they move on you, wait for them to get within strike distance then let them have it, right in the face. It's NOT what they want and few expect "prey" to haul off and smack em upside the head.

Works.
0 Replies