How To Paint The Draft Of Sketch In The Oil Painting

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 03:16 am
How To Paint The Draft Of Sketch In The Oil Painting?

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:36 am
@vpirdamon,
what the hell are you talking about?
saab

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:55 am
@Mame,
Just because somebody isn´t fluent in English there is no reason to be
rude, crude and insulting.
Mame

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 08:00 am
@saab,
I wasn't crude or insulting and it has nothing to do with his English. If you want to know something, ask it in a way we can understand. I notice you haven't offered any help. Why would that be, I wonder? You're sitting here in judgement but you probably have no idea, either, of what he wants.
saab

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 08:10 am
@Mame,
I do not understand this question either -
To say "what the hell do you mean" is rude and insulting.
If you are next to a person and you both can see it is a joke and meant friendly is something else.
I don´t know any language where is would not be seen as rude to tell a stranger what the hell....
Mame

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:51 pm
@saab,
I really don't care what you think. If the OP comes back maybe he can explain what the hell he wants to know.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:03 pm
@Mame,
Stepping in, to answer what I think Ypir means.

I'll agree that I have had trouble figuring out his or her posts - and wish he or she would buy a book on art techniques, or better, take a class.

Anyway, I'm an oil painter and I do starter sketching on a primed canvas with a dilute wash, moving the brush around easily and not trying to be perfect in any way - it is just a matter of "breaking the white", or whatever color your primer is. Later I may add washes to show general color areas. That is all just a start, giving me a sketch to play with or play against. My canvasses are usually fairly large so the starter sketch probably involves my moving my whole arm, or lower part of my arm, not just my fingers gripping a brush. But this can be done with smaller canvasses, with the lower arm and wrist.

This is only one way to begin a painting, but a way I use myself.
Mame

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Lots of "how-to's" on Youtube. That's my answer to the question you think he was asking.
0 Replies

gdex

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 04:25 pm
@vpirdamon,
How To Paint The Draft Of Sketch In The Oil Painting?
Happy painting!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 06:00 pm
@gdex,
Oh, goodie, some site said what I did.

But wait, it's a ******* sales machine.

May the bird of paradise fly up your noses.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 06:18 pm
@ossobuco,
To all wannabees, and the rest of us interesting painting, and even the obnoxious shillers about painting, I'll just say to go ahead and play with paint.
0 Replies