HELP! Crashed 1997 Z3 Roadster and I don't know what to do.

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:02 pm
Hey, the new Pontiac Solstice coming out this fall looks pretty cool.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:22 pm
I say go for a pink Miata.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:42 pm
True true, no snow here. I'm considering the Sebring because it's good looking and cheap. Saw an ad for a new one for $20,000 and they practically give them away used. I guess I feel like I should be punished for smashing up my baby. I only put about 8,000 miles a year on cars anyway and they're all nice when they're new. I had a Miata before buying the Z3... LOVED IT! It was more fun to drive and MUCH cheaper. I'm thinking I might like 4 seats for a change of pace.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:45 pm
Ahhhhh, O'Bill's thinking of moving to a family car.
<nods sagely>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:11 pm
Bill, remember, you get what you pay for. If they're "giving them away," it's because the demand is low...the demand is low, because they're not that good of a car. I'd even look at Saabs before the Sebrings. They're pricey to maintain, but they're much better driving and more solid then the Chrysler, and very reasonable used.

Why not another Z3?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:18 pm
I've only rented Sebring convertibles and they're not as bad as the resident car salesmen/BMW aficionados say...

...it's a far cry from a Z-3, though. You might be flat-handing your forehead for a long time.

I owned a Miata years ago and loved it, too. I'd rather, however, drive the international winner of the Cub Scout Soapbox Derby in Houston traffic than a Miata. Or on IH-95 for that matter.

What ever convertible you buy, don't buy it new (it sounds like you already know this; I posted it less for your information than for others reading). They depreciate too quickly. As new a car as you can afford, and most certainly one still under manufacturer's warranty.

I'm guessing the wholesale value of convertibles in South Florida goes up in the spring. Buy soon.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:58 pm
It seems like everything's going topless these days. You can even get a convertible PT Cruiser now.

Not that I'd want one.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:25 pm
Nah, you really want the Beetle convertible.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:32 pm
This is the new Pontiac Solstice I mentioned:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/images/rev1.jpg
http://www.gminsidenews.com/images/rev2.jpg

Supposed to start under $20K.
0 Replies