Where is Ross Perot when we need him?

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:22 am
When Ross ran for president I was a junior in high school. I didn't understand politics back then. But I was totally for Ross.
He was afterall against NAFTA. And now look at us!!! Nafta did make a huge sucking sound just like Ross said it would...it has sucked all the jobs out of America and moved them into that filthy vaccum bag I like to call Mexico!!!
Companies like Kellogg's, Otis Elevator and G.E. are all moving to Mexico to manufacter their products because it's cheap labor!! Did I mention RCA too??!!
This country is a mess!!! Any advice on who to vote for president????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 13
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:05 am
Re: Where is Ross Perot when we need him?
lost_my_calgon wrote:
This country is a mess!!! Any advice on who to vote for president????

Given the level of political sophistication that you display in your post, I'd suggest that you vote for Ross Perot.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:24 am
We need a PhD to post on message boards now? I guess that will leave many of you lefties out...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:37 pm
Vote for anyone but Bush ;-)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:41 pm
Perot had some good ideas, and he certainly added some color to the election cycle. I still recall the SNL parody--was it Dana Carvey? Very funny.

And he was right, to an extent, on NAFTA. What an unmitigated disaster for US workers. But those of us with jobs can buy cheap electronic crap at WalMart. Such a deal...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 01:14 pm
Cheap electronic crap mostly comes from Malaysia and China these days. Those Mexican jobs are being exported too.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:13 pm
I've always had a hard time understanding the type of mentality that can be hateful of nations simply because their poverty makes their wages more competitive.

<not talkin' 'bout you roger, I saw that it might look that way>
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:19 pm
Re: Where is Ross Perot when we need him?
lost_my_calgon wrote:
it has sucked all the jobs out of America and moved them into that filthy vaccum bag I like to call Mexico!!!

Vete a la chingada Cabron! (I suggest you vote for Vincente Fox).
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 05:51 pm
Oh so I see...JOEFROMCHICAGO...says that I have no political sophistication. Does that mean my vote doesn't count?
Does one have to have political intellect to conform to your standards?
How self righteous of you....just like a politician Rolling Eyes
Thanks for your advice...I'll take it with a grain of salt.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 06:33 pm
Nafta has been a failure, for everybody but the USA.
The jobs leaving the US are going everywhere but mexico. American companies have put less money into the mexican economy annually than immegrant mexican workers have sent home. The situation in mexico is worse 10 years after NAFTA than is was before. Mexican and canadian farmers cannot compete against american subsidies and the contiuous US led court battles against them.
I'd check your facts before you throw around filthy bigotted statements.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 06:34 pm
I'd opt for a write-in vote for Pat Buchanan if I were you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 07:23 pm
lost,

You are calling joe "Self-Righteous"!?!?! Listen to yourself.

When you label Mexico a "filthy vacuum bag", you display the kind of narrow-minded ignorance that Americans are (often unfairly) accused of.

There are Mexicans that I know who are much more deserving of jobs than you. They work harder. They know math better. They don't have an arrogant racist chip on their shoulders.

And they work hard to earn the jobs that they can get, rather than whine because they don't get the job they somehow feel is due them because of where they were born.

As an American I am ashamed of people with attitudes like yours.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 07:31 pm
I resent the reference to Mexico, lost. It prevents me from seriously considering your position and wanting to join in the thread.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:27 am
lost_my_calgon wrote:
Oh so I see...JOEFROMCHICAGO...says that I have no political sophistication. Does that mean my vote doesn't count?

Regrettably, no. Your vote counts just as much as mine. That's why I encourage you to throw away your vote on Perot or some comparably unelectable midget billionaire.

lost_my_calgon wrote:
Does one have to have political intellect to conform to your standards?

Yes.
0 Replies