Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:05 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Your point though raises further question as to the need and intent of this proposed amendment.

It's called grandstanding. It's what the Republicans have done since 2006 as opposed to attempting responsible governance.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:20 am
But if it gets real traction, it may lead to major changes.
Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:54 am
@edgarblythe,
I would hope that it would, but not in this form. But i'm cynical--i don't think this is going to go anywhere, and then the Republicans will just use it to try to beat up the Democrats.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 08:03 am
@Setanta,
Sitting on our hands hasn't worked. Voting for Democrats hasn't worked. Sooner or later, something has to give.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:01 pm
End Corporate Personhood. Sign This Petition
www.wolf-pac.com
Money buys our politicians. Most of the money comes from multinational corporations. In the end, our politicians do not serve us; they serve the people who pay them. It's time to change that. It's time to end the corporate takeover of our government.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 10:20 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 02:22 pm
In my email:

Friend --

Welcome to the Wolf PAC.

The Wolf PAC is growing at an amazing rate. We are now in all 50 states. Thank you for joining the fight.

What's next?

We have several plans in motion, one plan is to develope a Wolf PAC social media presence for every state (twitter.com/WolfPACMass for example). We already have numersous states set up, if your state does not have a Twitter or Facebook page, and you want to help, set up that page and email a link to [email protected]. If your state already has a page set up please follow or like that page. We want these social media hubs to be a place to discuss how corporate money has effected politics, on the local and national level.

We've also launched an online petition to show support for our amendment. Click here to sign the petition: http://www.wolf-pac.com/petition please sign the petition and share it with your friends and family.

Internally we are building our cabinet, our core team of people with organizing experience. Once that is built we will have more information on specific plans for specific states.

"We are the hope. Almost no one believes we can do it, but we believe. We can change the system. This isn't just about our show, it's about changing the country so that we have a real democracy instead of politicians who represent the lobbyists who pay them." - Cenk Uygur (Host of The Young Turks)

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 11:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
All elections must be publicly financed.

So now you want to tell a private citizen how they can spend their money?
If Bill Gates, a private citizen, wants to use his own money to run for office, are you saying he cant?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 05:24 am
@mysteryman,
I am saying, take big contributions to a candidate or party out of the equation. Period.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 10:51 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I am saying, take big contributions to a candidate or party out of the equation. Period.

How does the proposed amendment treat self-financing candidates?

It would seem that if the concern is that money can lead to an unlevel playing field, you wouldn't want a Jon Corzine or a Michael Bloomberg throwing up a mountain with their own cash either.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your question is about the same as MM's and the answer has not changed, for me.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 01:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
The question was honest and civil and indicated that your answer to MM still left me unclear.

I don't know why you want to be so pissy about a simple question, but I'm hardly interested enough to beg for an answer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 02:47 pm
If Bill Gates, a private citizen, wants to use his own money to run for office, are you saying he cant?

How is this different from your question? (Pissy is in your mind - can't help you with that).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:39 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 01:01 pm
Dear Friend --

Hello, my name is Chris Campbell, and I am thrilled to be the new Executive Director of Wolf-PAC. I wanted to take a moment today to introduce myself and thank you all for supporting Wolf-PAC in our fight to pass the 28th amendment, the first step toward saving our democracy from corporate corruption. I have only been on the job for a day but I am already excited to be a part of the team.

Last night as I watched the Iowa Republican caucus, I could not help thinking that the importance of our mission was as clear and urgent as ever.The 16 million dollars that have already been spent by unregulated super-PACs, represents only the beginning efforts of anonymous corporations and ultra-wealthy backers to buy our elections. Just two of Karl Rove's PACs alone are hoping to spend over 300 million dollars between themselves. The integrity of our democracy demands direct and immediate action to protect future elections from this type of dangerous manipulation.
The next few months promise to be very exciting, but we have a lot of organizing to do to ensure we have as large an impact as possible upon the 2012 election cycle. Volunteers should expect to be contacted soon by your local Wolf-PAC council, as we begin the process of organizing ourselves for political action at both the state and local levels. Also make sure to check out this awesome article by Cenk: The Revolution Begins in 2012. Thank you for being a part of this fight and together we will make Washington recognize what we already know to be true: corporations are not people!

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:26 pm

Wolf PAC

Dear Friend --

We are making waves. Wolf PAC groups have been meeting with state and local legislatures across the country and we are starting to make a real impact. It is my pleasure to report that Assembly Joint Resolution (AJR) 32 calling for a Constitutional Convention has been introduced in the California State Assembly.

As many of you know the California State Assembly just passed a resolution calling on Congress to amend the Constitution, but here at Wolf PAC we do not believe that simply asking Congress please, with a toothless resolution, is enough. Assemblyman Mike Gatto, one of the three assemblymen to introduce the resolution, agrees. “I figured rather than just condemning the decision with a symbolic resolution, why not start the process to actually amend the Constitution?” said Assemblyman Gatto, “Voters are fed up with the notion that money is speech and that big money can drown out the speech of average citizens.”

The three assemblymen who introduced it have also asked Wolf PAC to help them to make sure that this resolution passes. The assemblymen specifically requested letters of support for the resolution. You can send these letters to their offices at the links below.
Assemblyman Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont)
Assemblyman Michael Allen (D-Sonoma County),
Assemblyman Mike Gatto (D-Los Angeles)

We also need volunteers to make sure that the rest of the California State Legislature knows that we are looking for their leadership on this issue. Please contact the members of the California State Assembly Judiciary Committee and the California State Senate Judiciary Committee to make sure that the members support AJR 32 when it comes up for a hearing.

Make sure to watch this video as guest Assemblyman Bob Wieckowski joins Cenk to talk about AJR 32 and what Wolf PAC can do to help.

Finally Wolf PAC needs the support of members like you. Please consider becoming a sustaining donor today to help provide us with reliable ongoing support that will allow us to fulfill our critical mission. Of course, one time donations are also more than welcome.

Wolf PAC

0 Replies