It's Time to GET MONEY OUT of politics

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:29 am
If you want to get the money corruption out of the Congress, you can add your name to the petition. I did. ---BBB

It's Time to GET MONEY OUT of politics

Bailouts. War. Unemployment. Our government is bought, and we’re angry. Now, we’re turning our anger into positive action. By signing this petition, you are joining our campaign to get money out of politics. Our politicians won’t do this. But we will. We will become an unrelenting, organized wave advocating a Constitutional amendment to get money out of politics.

As the petition grows, we can use my show on MSNBC as a platform to force this issue to the center of the 2012 elections. Join us. Sign up. Tell your friends. Facebook it. Tweet it.#GetMoneyOut.

"No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office."

Sign here: http://www.getmoneyout.com/?recruiter_id=236996
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 948 • Replies: 8
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:02 pm
I hope this gets real traction. We need something like this to put a political Supreme Court in its place.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:11 am
@RABEL222,
The conservative supreme court members should be ashamed of their terrible decision. They were obviously helping the republicans.

BBB
RABEL222

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 12:53 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
It is touted as nonpolitical by the republicans which is bullshit! This court is one of the most ultra conservative business orientated courts we have had in the last 100 years.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 12:57 pm
I was wondering how many people read the petition or signed it. If you really want to get money out of politics this is the only way to do it. If you expect congress to remedy it you are out of your mind.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 04:22 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I was wondering how many people read the petition or signed it. If you really want to get money out of politics this is the only way to do it. If you expect congress to remedy it you are out of your mind.
It has ALREADY been ruled to be an unConstitutional violation of Freedom of Speech,
as well it SHOUD have been, because it IS. (or it WAS)

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 04:27 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
It is touted as nonpolitical by the republicans which is bullshit! This court is one of the most ultra conservative business orientated courts we have had in the last 100 years.
It is SUPPOSED to be conservative, the same as an accountant is accurate. That is the Court's job.
To call the Court "ultra conservative" is the same as calling it ultra accurate.
To be conservative is to be NON-deviant from the Constitution.

To be liberal is to be deceptively deviant.

P.S.: The word is ORIENTED; there is no such verb
as to orientate.

David
RABEL222

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 03:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
More of your stupid bullshit. The constitution should be interpreted as it was wrote. Where in the Constitution does it say corporations are people. This is just political bullshit that the supreme court decided for the rich man in order to repay them for the money spent on republican politicians. You can say what you want but in my opinion your opinion is bullshit. The supreme court is politicized 5 repbs to 3 dems and one in the center. Maybe there is no such word but you knew what I meant.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 03:19 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
More of your stupid bullshit. The constitution should be interpreted as it was wrote. Where in the Constitution does it say corporations are people. This is just political bullshit that the supreme court decided for the rich man in order to repay them for the money spent on republican politicians. You can say what you want but in my opinion your opinion is bullshit. The supreme court is politicized 5 repbs to 3 dems and one in the center.
I shoud point out that in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the USSC
was merely restoring the status quo ante;
it was NOT coming up with anything new.

The USSC restored & preserved the old paradigm, that has been accepted for centuries.
On the contrary, the "campaign finance law" raped the First Amendment 4 different ways;
IT was the aberration, correctly rejected by the USSC.

It was facially, conspicuously unConstitutional, most egregiously violating the First Amendment.

Indeed, under the old Constitutional scheme,
IF it were necessary to tolerate bribery
in order to protect Freedom of Speech, then Freedom of Speech
woud prevail and we 'd accept bribery, because Congress
has no authority to amend the Bill of Rights
without ratification of 3/4 of all of the States.
Any statute (e.g., the bribery statute) is inferior to
and subordinate to the Constitution itself.
The only reason that a statute has the force
of law is that it is so provided in the Constitution,
which is the Supreme Law of the Land.

As it has been for centuries,
bribery can still be criminally prosecuted,
as it has always been, but what is MORE IMPORTANT: FREE SPEECH WILL PREVAIL OVER EVERYTHING

( except the citizen 's right to keep and bear arms ).

David
0 Replies