bearing my soul = openning my bosom?

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 09:26 pm

Context:
If you didn't see my last post(s) on www.conceptart.org then I will bring you up to speed. Basically I have been inspired by the art produced and the work ethic of Jon Foster, Andrew Jones, Jason Manley, and my brother "Smeagol71" (among many others) and have decided to learn how to paint (primarily digitally). I am starting from rock bottom and I am going to paint at least one painting and do at least one sketch every day...probably two on the weekends. The order you see them in is the order that I am painting and/or sketching them...every day starting on 9/15/02. I am bearing my soul to everyone. I will post everything I do...whether it is awful or not. Most of the paintings and sketches, in the beginning, are going to look like crap but hopefully over the days/weeks/months/years they will start to get better. I have no formal art training but have signed up for classes this semester. I have a passion to paint and welcome any encouragement or critique that you want to give. Any feedback you want to give me you can leave in the threads I or just email me.
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 556 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 09:32 pm
The author means showing his or her true feelings. The author is also making a stupid error. To bear means to carry, and the stock phrase which the author has butchered is "to bare one's soul," using the verb to bare, meaning to unclothe, to reveal.
oristarA

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 09:51 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The author means showing his or her true feelings. The author is also making a stupid error. To bear means to carry, and the stock phrase which the author has butchered is "to bare one's soul," using the verb to bare, meaning to unclothe, to reveal.

That's it.
Thanks.
0 Replies