I love it when the religious community speaks up for mankind!

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:10 pm
I hope that you enjoy this as much as I did!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,937 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:23 pm
I'm not sure I get your point. Are religious people not allowed to demonstrate? Or have their voices heard?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:28 pm
@Ceili,
It is not often that I see the religious community speak in public about social injustice and it makes me happy to see them do so!
Ceili

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
k, I wasn't sure what you were saying. I don't find it odd at all that a catholic priest is in the midst of this.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:45 pm
@Ceili,
What took them so long to speak up? This has been going on for a long time!
I am just happy to see more attention given to social inequality.

The love of money is the root of our problem but no one has been pointing to the psychopathic behavior that goes on in government and the markets which allow us not to have a somewhat sane society!

When this is all over with, I think we are all going to feel stupid by how we were all led into wars and the many conspiracies that will no longer be theories!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
Perhaps you haven't read much.

I was once religious, a half century ago, and have gone through a lot of resentment and stabilizing re understanding that religion and I differ, but I don't always just dismiss the actions of religious people, even those posited as religious efforts.. I certainly do condemn much in many ways, but also know of many good actions - very many.

Religions and the practices of them vary. Read a bit.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Could be! Would you like to share with me what you think good reading would be? I will check it out!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'll think on it.

There are everyday sources, probably within your community.

Me, I've for decades disliked people who do good to somehow be wonderful (for aesthetic or religious or business reasons) - but I've learned to understand kindness. Sometimes kindness is tied to religious (to me, babble) but I don't ascribe it to religion so much as that the person is actually kind, has empathy for others.
Not always, of course. Maybe even mostly not.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 06:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
On that note... Why has it taken the American people so long to speak up. The banks have been at this for years.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 06:06 pm
@Ceili,
You are correct! I have been speaking up for years but the sad thing is most people do not seem to have an interest in ethical behavior.

Is this a lady or a man in the video?

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 06:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
I guess that's just how some men treat women!

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:48 pm
Was the cop charged or did they cover for him and throw the woman in jail for getting in the way of of his fist?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:52 pm
@RABEL222,
I am not sure! It may have been a man but in either case I think that the officer should be fired from what I can see but maybe I am missing something but I doubt it!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 12:24 am
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/jesusandthemoneychangers.jpg

For those who are not familiar with Biblical parables - this depicts when Jesus chased the moneylenders from the temple.
0 Replies