Why do Turkish look white in appearance?

Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 09:57 am
@gungasnake,
Look friend! We, Turks were born in Middle Asia and we've been here(on the earth) for thousands of years and nobody, born in our ancient homeland is black or looking Arabic.And for god's sake not everyone who is Turk is Muslim.If you come Turkey, you can see so many atheists,deists and lots of churches and synagogues full of non-Muslim Turks.You don't have to hate us, we are really nice people and there are so many beauties in Turkey.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 09:58 am
@Tozge,
I'm sorry, but there is a lot of evidence out there. You need to coduct your own thorough investigation into what happened just as we did with Bloody Sunday. What you've described amounts to a PR exercise. It's painful coming to terms with the bad things that your country has done, but if you don't it will continue to fester.

This isn't going to go away.
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 10:03 am
@izzythepush,
Please explain me why there's nobody can prove it.If something is real enough to be proved then it's proved.There are lots of successful historians in the world but none of them can put a single paper that proves everything on the table.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 10:09 am
@Tozge,
There's lots of evidence out there. Proof enough for many people. I'm sorry but as you spoke about Britain's hostility to Turkey's EU membership when the opposite is in fact true I don't have a lot of faith in what you say.

Quote:
Eitan Belkind was a Nili member, who infiltrated the Ottoman army as an official. He was assigned to the headquarters of Kamal Pasha. He claims to have witnessed the burning of 5,000 Armenians.[48]:181,183

Lt. Hasan Maruf, of the Ottoman army, describes how a population of a village were taken all together, and then burned.[49] The Commander of the Third Army Vehib's 12-page affidavit, which was dated 5 December 1918, was presented in the Trabzon trial series (March 29, 1919) included in the Key Indictment,[50] reporting such a mass burning of the population of an entire village near Mush.[51] that in Bitlis, Mus and Sassoun, "The shortest method for disposing of the women and children concentrated in the various camps was to burn them." And also that "Turkish prisoners who had apparently witnessed some of these scenes were horrified and maddened at remembering the sight. They told the Russians that the stench of the burning human flesh permeated the air for many days after."

Drowning

Trabzon was the main city in Trabzon province; Oscar S. Heizer, the American consul at Trabzon, reports: "This plan did not suit Nail Bey.... Many of the children were loaded into boats and taken out to sea and thrown overboard."[52] The Italian consul of Trabzon in 1915, Giacomo Gorrini, writes: "I saw thousands of innocent women and children placed on boats which were capsized in the Black Sea."[53] The Trabzon trials reported Armenians having been drowned in the Black Sea.[54]

Hoffman Philip, the American Charge at Constantinople chargé d'affaires, writes: "Boat loads sent from Zor down the river arrived at Ana, one thirty miles away, with three fifths of passengers missing."[55]

Use of poison and drug overdoses

The psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton writes in a parenthesis when introducing the crimes of Nazi doctors, "Perhaps Turkish doctors, in their participation in the genocide against the Armenians, come closest, as I shall later suggest."[56]

Morphine overdose: During the Trabzon trial series of the Martial court, from the sittings between March 26 and May 17, 1919, the Trabzons Health Services Inspector Dr. Ziya Fuad wrote in a report that Dr. Saib caused the death of children with the injection of morphine. The information was allegedly provided by two physicians (Drs. Ragib and Vehib), both Dr. Saib's colleagues at Trabzons Red Crescent hospital, where those atrocities were said to have been committed.[57][58]

Toxic gas: Dr. Ziya Fuad and Dr. Adnan, public health services director of Trabzon, submitted affidavits reporting cases in which two school buildings were used to organize children and send them to the mezzanine to kill them with toxic gas equipment.[59][60]

Typhoid inoculation: The Ottoman surgeon, Dr. Haydar Cemal wrote "on the order of the Chief Sanitation Office of the Third Army in January 1916, when the spread of typhus was an acute problem, innocent Armenians slated for deportation at Erzican were inoculated with the blood of typhoid fever patients without rendering that blood ‘inactive’."[61][62] Jeremy Hugh Baron writes: "Individual doctors were directly involved in the massacres, having poisoned infants, killed children and issued false certificates of death from natural causes. Nazim's brother-in-law Dr. Tevfik Rushdu, Inspector-General of Health Services, organized the disposal of Armenian corpses with thousands of kilos of lime over six months; he became foreign secretary from 1925 to 1938."[63]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
I've never said anything about hostility of Britain I always love Britain and British people but you just see you want to see.Ever searched for proofs,denying Armenian Genocide?
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 10:17 am
@izzythepush,
http://www.ermenisorunu.gen.tr/english/intro/index.html
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 11:36 am
@Tozge,
I'm sorry that was ss, not you. I apologise.

The fact that there is still such a debate on this surely shows the need for a thorough independent investigation so this can be nailed once and for all.

If nothing else it's stopping Turkey from moving on.
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:43 pm
@izzythepush,
You are right, both side's doubts have to be cleared away. And how can I hate a country whose people are really nice? Smile
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 01:44 pm
@Tozge,
My late wife lived in Istanbul for about a year, she had nothing but praise for the people she met.

I believe Turkey should be allowed to join the EU, and always have.
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks for your support.EU and Turkey can be really helpful to each other because our economy is growing day by day and EU potentialities will make us help EU and Turkey grow together.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:01 pm
@Tozge,
Turkey is an emerging nation and the EU would be foolish to turn their backs on it.

I saw a report about how rich Arabs from the Gulf were starting to holiday in Turkey, so it's not as if Turkey hasn't got other options.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:07 pm
@Tozge,
I did not say anything to indicate a belief that Turks were bad people. Just that given the part of the world Turks originally come from as well as the lack of connection between Altaic and IE languages, I have a difficult time believing that Turks were originally Caucasian. Caucasian features amongst present day Turks are more readily explained by the last 600 years of history than by history prior to that.

Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:08 pm
@izzythepush,
What about you? Ever been to Turkey?
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:24 pm
@gungasnake,
http://orjinaltarih.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/tc3bcrk-gc3b6c3a7leri.jpg Actually according to Migration Period it is said most of Caucasian states was founded by Turks I am not quite sure if it is right for example I'm Circassian but most of us say that we are Turks and came from Middle Asia in Migration Period.And Turkey Turkish language features were changed in Ottoman Period because we were living with Persians and Arabics and then we got so many French words in the last years of Ottoman Empire.That is why there is lack of connection.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:40 pm
@Tozge,
No, I haven't, it's on the list. I'd like to see the caves.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:51 pm
I'd like to see Istanbul and environs - and not just for a few days either. Not in my budget, ha.
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Then you will totally love Turkey.Most of British tourists come here and never go back Smile
Tozge

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 04:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Some countries have special offers maybe you can come across one of them.For example Russian people have little salary but Russian travel agents have very affordable prices so they can come here very often.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 04:33 pm
@Tozge,
I saw a film about a flute player, a bit surreal/fairy tale, filmed in one region of Turkey. I think it was called Born of Fire. The scenery was incredible.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 04:47 pm
@Tozge,
I've learned about Turkey (only somewhat, of course) by stories set there, including reading some of Orphan Pamuk (Istanbul), and learning about his Museum of Innocence. Reading about other people's explorations, and various novels set there.