Hey, if I made a facebook page just for able2know, would you be my friend?

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:02 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I know. A2k is awesome but you can do soo much more on Facebook! You can play games and stuff and the chat there is awesome and you can post pics and vids super easy! Its just fun. A2k is entertaining but facebook is FUN! Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:06 pm
@roger,
Your a tough cookie roger, but I wont be giving up!

http://www.desi44.com/d/please/please_007.gif

JOIN FACEBOOK ROGER!! Very Happy
roger

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:36 pm
@GracieGirl,
Was it Chai that showed you how to do that? If it was, she will pay - sooner or later, one way or the other.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:37 pm
@roger,
I believe we have CJane to "thank".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:43 pm
@GracieGirl,
I support Roger in his obstinance.

I think I signed up at some point to see Walter's or Dag's photos. I fear checking the consequences. Years have gone by.

I've had some old pals ask me to join and am considering it, but I'll have to review all the stuff I've saved re facebook security issues.
I, with a pristine record for a quarter century as a designer, have no interest in being found by some maniacal long ago client - not that I or we messed up, but that not all clients over decades are well people. We used to be taught that architects are liable past death. Welcome to the turnip patch, but I don't need the aggravation. This is unlikely, given client satisfaction, but a consideration.

I've had a problematic early friend chase me, fifty years later, via the regular old telephone, to say she had dreams that I am not well. Please! She remains the most solipsistic friend in a lifetime. (no means no)

On the other hand, that was one person out of many friends, most I'd like to talk with.

I've no interest to join with the idea of talking with a2kers. I already do. Maybe some a2kers are looser re being themselves on facebook, I dunno. I have no idea, two accounts? I am not attracted to the idea of a second sort of a2k, but who knows.
There are people I could stand to connect with in my regular life.

So - a couple of days ago a colleague asked me to see his facebook photos.
This was nearly funny - he's the most sardonic human I know.
I told him my facebook qualms and he said his sister browbeat him to join.
Snort!

We'll see.

Mame

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:53 pm
Hi Gracie Smile How's it going? Aside from being bored, I mean? Gotten grounded lately? LOL

I don't do Facebook. I did for a while, just to play scrabble with a couple of my sisters, but I soon realized my home page was cluttered up with all the things my friends were doing every single minute, every thought they had - no matter how much I filtered it out, I still got "spam". Heck, I don't want to know someone's every thought. Don't even want to know all of mine. Plus, then some rude person (a sister, of course) went on my page and told the whole world it was the most boring FB page ever! LOL She was right, so I deactivated my page. If I did, though, I'd friend you Smile You're a cutie patootie.
Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:34 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I don't do Facebook.

Sorry, but that includes me too, Gracie.

But, we can still be friends here. Wink Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:37 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
you can post pics and vids super easy!

this is one of the biggest upsides for me

their uploader is marvellously simple
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:09 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I support Roger in his obstinance.

I think I signed up at some point to see Walter's or Dag's photos. I fear checking the consequences. Years have gone by.

I've had some old pals ask me to join and am considering it, but I'll have to review all the stuff I've saved re facebook security issues.
I, with a pristine record for a quarter century as a designer, have no interest in being found by some maniacal long ago client - not that I or we messed up, but that not all clients over decades are well people. We used to be taught that architects are liable past death. Welcome to the turnip patch, but I don't need the aggravation. This is unlikely, given client satisfaction, but a consideration.

I've had a problematic early friend chase me, fifty years later, via the regular old telephone, to say she had dreams that I am not well. Please! She remains the most solipsistic friend in a lifetime. (no means no)

On the other hand, that was one person out of many friends, most I'd like to talk with.

I've no interest to join with the idea of talking with a2kers. I already do. Maybe some a2kers are looser re being themselves on facebook, I dunno. I have no idea, two accounts? I am not attracted to the idea of a second sort of a2k, but who knows.
There are people I could stand to connect with in my regular life.

So - a couple of days ago a colleague asked me to see his facebook photos.
This was nearly funny - he's the most sardonic human I know.
I told him my facebook qualms and he said his sister browbeat him to join.
Snort!

We'll see.

But Aunt Osso!!! Facebook isnt like a second a2k. Its totally different. You should join. You dont necessarily have to make 2 accounts. Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:14 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Hi Gracie Smile How's it going? Aside from being bored, I mean? Gotten grounded lately? LOL

I don't do Facebook. I did for a while, just to play scrabble with a couple of my sisters, but I soon realized my home page was cluttered up with all the things my friends were doing every single minute, every thought they had - no matter how much I filtered it out, I still got "spam". Heck, I don't want to know someone's every thought. Don't even want to know all of mine. Plus, then some rude person (a sister, of course) went on my page and told the whole world it was the most boring FB page ever! LOL She was right, so I deactivated my page. If I did, though, I'd friend you Smile You're a cutie patootie.

AUNTIE MAME!! YAY! I havent talked to you in forever!! Haha! Yep, Ive been pretty bored lately, but NOT grounded! WoooHooo!! Very Happy Proud of me? Laughing

Aww! Thanks Mame! I want to be friends with you on facebook too!!! Yea, the friends thoughts stuff can be annoying but that's not that big of a deal. Smile And who cares if your page is boring; Me and you could play scrabble together! It would be awesome ! Mr. Green

You sure your not interested? Are you really, really, really sure? Wink
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:15 pm
@Reyn,
Aww. Not you too Reyn!! Do I have to beg?! Sad

Creating a page is soo simple. Once you make the page you'll be sucked right into the facebook zone. Promise. Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:16 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

GracieGirl wrote:
you can post pics and vids super easy!

this is one of the biggest upsides for me

their uploader is marvellously simple

ehBeth! You have a facebook page and we arent friends?! Why is that? Sad
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:16 pm
@GracieGirl,
be careful, gracie.

she knows lotsa canadien words that she will insist count.

lotsa extra U's...
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Huh? I dont get it?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:46 pm
@GracieGirl,
playing scrabble with a canadian person is like having made up words count.

they cheat...
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:46 pm
@Rockhead,
nah, we just add extra u's. It's legal! Honest...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:49 pm
Gracie, love, I don't give a **** about facebook. I might or might not join to find old friends, nothing to do with a2k, which I like for itself.
Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:09 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Aww. Not you too Reyn!! Do I have to beg?! Sad

Creating a page is soo simple. Once you make the page you'll be sucked right into the facebook zone. Promise. Smile

Yeah, sorry, but it's just not my thing. What's wrong with having friends here?

I don't have anyone that I'm interested, at FB, in looking up from my school days era. I never had that many friends anyways.

I don't like the FB setup. Heard too many negative stories about the site.

I hardly have time for A2K these days. I spend much of my online time at a chess website.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh! Haha!!
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:34 pm
@ossobuco,
(sigh) Okay Aunt Osso.

But if you change your mind.... Razz

0 Replies