Telepathy

Smiley

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 02:33 am
I dreamt that I was dreaming, but I was mistaken.

It was only a premonition of something that happened yesterday,
and would surely happen again later this morning,
as soon as I wake up.
Again.
And again.
From each consecutive dream within a dream.

Cycles repeat in my mind and in my life,
but don't we all dream before we act,
and act upon our dreams
because we visualize concepts rather than reality?

----------
PS -- At any given time I use only 5% of my car's functions and abilities.
Does this mean if I were to learn how to engage all of it, all at once, that I would probably go 300 MPH?
At any given time we only use 5% of our brain. Too bad it's not the common sense part.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 11:47 am
You guys just love to play the erroneous brain numbers game. As I adressed earlier, with a link to Cecil Adams, this is not true. We do not only use 5%, 8%, 10%, etc. In fact, I think it would be rather difficult to measure the brain's usage in terms of percentage. Do you count the stem - involuntary stuff like breathing, what about body movement? Parts of the separate hemispheres that are thinking? Total neurons firing per hour? Out of what total neuron capacity?

But that was a clever comparison to the car. Indeed, some things are not supposed to have ... Every button pressed simultaneously. For example, I would not need to play the piano, take a shower, and calculate physics equations all at the same time.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 05:11 pm
All of brain is there for a purpose....
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:17 pm
To take up space
0 Replies

Moogle

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:47 am
Theoretical Interjection
I interject into this discussion, the theory that some cats, or most cats, telepathically communicate to each other, such communication without that of "physical communication" (PC), such PC effecting disturbance of a nature unusual to the ambient sound-environment, and audible by all sound-recipient organisms. I never realized how well I could be a lawyer; I am reminded of .OZ.'s dissertation on psychology according to Him, and as goes with His theory of meta-data, as I attempt to discern what 'meta-data' might be, within Myself, I seem to have actually created new mechanisms within My Own Psychology; My Reading of .OZ.'s Literary Masterpiece made myself more intelligent, specifically with a greater efficiency of thought-CPU-cycles.

Now, don't go along and assume I am suffering from some sort of psychosis, simply because of my plethora[tion] of Capitalized Terms; I am simply engaging in a tongue-in-cheek communique, subliminally communicating to your mind, brainwashing you by the effect of forcing your consumption, or assimilation, of analytical data of my choosing; I am forcing-feeding you information that might 'wake up' the sentient-spirit within your minds. I do this, because after reading the first page of the Absolute Determinism & Illusion of Free Will sub-forum, I experienced so orderly yet robotic a series a posts, that my own Spirit became disgusted, and could no longer continue to read. There is so much more to the racial and Human part of our existence as Human Beings, that it 'transcends' logical thought -- it cannot be explained, with any ease, to humans that do not experience ethnological or group-consciousness: spiritual telepathy. Those who are not experiencing spirituality, or "extra-sensory perception", are enslaved to some other spiritual being, feverishly attending the "Church" of your own mind: logic, thought. An example would be the altered definition of Religion, extending from, and then superceding, personal belief, to some organization, such as Christianic, Islamic, Hindu, or Buddhist. Note that the [exoteric] Christians and Islamists (as far as I am brainwashed to think, by the media with 'terrorism' and '9-11'), enslave themselves to the thought-system of their respective Parties, including Democrats, Republicans, and many -- as it seems here, to me -- Scientific Realists.

Now, correlate this phenomenon with the phenomenon of "Eastern", "Mystic" religions, where the respective believers do enslave themselves to some doctrine, but do so with their full-knowledge and conscious-consent, without fraud or deception. With the same intensity that televisual "monopoly-press media" infected your mind to believe that certain types of groups or people are "evil", "bad" BOOGA BOOGIE MEN, my memes spread through-out your central nervous system, inserting the memory of the idea that your individual reality exists purely of conscious experience, whilst I continually replicate the following statement within your physical-organism, as a form of data: A no-mind, dream-like, unconscious state, is circumstantial evidence for the existence of a simultaneously existing conscious state, without the physical plane. In a state of no-mind, biological-consciousness/cranial-thought, ceases to exist, so SOME OUTSIDE FORCE has to 'momentarily kill' or 'put to sleep' the 'waking, logical human' into 'illogical schitzophrenia'. This is not to confuse biological "schitzophrenia" with Self-induced "schitzophrenia". High-Priest[esse]s, for example, would enter induced states of schitzophrenia, or trances, during the performances of 'rituals', 'prayers', or 'spells'. When characters in 'mainstream' movies raise their 'crosses' to vampires, demons, and devils, a joke is made of the concept. Lying within this joke, is another subliminal code, describing some benefits to organized religions, where [exoteric] Christians invoke the emotion/idea of Jesus Christ, to banish the evil before them. [esoteric] Christians will do likewise, except feed off the belief-pool of [exoteric] Christians. Indeed, those "Gods" who are not believed in, are without any effect, in and of themselves. (Hint: Believe in yourself.)

If any part of this text is read as confusing, illogical/contradictory, or "paradoxical", I will explain to you that these thoughts are the memory of severe blows following your experience of this written material, and that repeated viewing of the data until the point where it is assimilated without confusion, would be an existential experience of the culmination of my brainwashing of you, the memetic strings of information achieving a state of full-saturation within your neural-network. A reading of the above text, exists as an agreement that you have granted me, the author, permission to brainwash you by the viewing of such material, and you have thereby consented to complete indemnification of the author to any liability for any resultant damage, caused by a viewing of such material.

---

Now, I'll actually go read the thread, to see if this post would not be "off-topic".

--

Acquiunk wrote:
Steven J. Gould had, in my opinion, the ultimate response to any of the claims for the above mentioned phonomania. If they existed, he observed, the evolutionary advantage conferred on those who had them would have assured their reproductive success to the degree that they would have long ago replaced those who lacked such capabilities. As that is not the case, we can assume they do not exist.

Let us define "phonomania", as a state of existence where cattle obtain no ability of extra-sensory perception, while wolves do so obtain this. If such cattle existed, the evolutionary advantage conferred on the wolves would have assured their reproductive success to the degree that they would have long ago replaced those cattle who lacked such capabilities. As that is not the case, we can assume that wolves do not exist.

--

Mhatte-Rhaye, originator of the thread, expressed a desire: "Can anyone share stories in which they experienced something they believed to be supernatural?" And so, being somewhat new to this forum, I offer the following personal-experience in good faith, with the hopes that any moderators would not perceive this post as an intention to violate any customary rules in the forum:

I had been commuting to a job a had, for about a year, when one day, just before I reached my home, after work, in the residential area of the city, I had an unexplained urge to slow down to a speed of 15mph, where I had routinely driven previously at a speed of 25mph, and then I had become incredibly apprehensive. After abnormally slowing down for about 8 seconds, some jackass zoomed through the intersection 5-seconds of distance before me, the timing important in that if I had not slowed down, this guy would've easily plowed through the passenger-side of my car. Perhaps I had unconsciously heard some noises or screeching from an imbecilic driver, and slowed down in response, but the layout of the roads in question, plus the visual and auditory obstructions of apartment complexes and hilly-terrain, plus the music blaring pretty loudly with my windows rolled-up, seems to argue against this possibility.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 06:49 pm
I've never heard or seen support of cats being able to do that.

" I am forcing-feeding you information that might 'wake up' the sentient-spirit within your minds. "

Gee... Thanks. And I thought that's what coffee was for.

Scientific realist... You mean, using logic? On a philosophy forum? Ghasp! We -should- all be writing poetry! I'll send a memo right away.

There are great art history and anylytical papers written without the use of logic, also great poetry and art, following the currents and trappings of the human mind and its emotions.
All that rationality asks at its core is that you not contradict yourself. To be afraid/ashamed of rationality, in my mind, is a sign of stupidity. Especially in subjects where logic is very useful and the basis of learning and invention - in such subjects as philosophy, biology, oceanography, math, and rocket science.
0 Replies