Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 07:44 pm
I like being underestimated.

I think it gives me a huge advantage. I know how to use this in my favor.

I confess that I have cultivated a public persona that is very different from the person I am.

Sometimes it feels almost like a game.

I'm a bad, bad girl.

What do you want to confess?

Questioner

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 07:57 pm
@boomerang,
The public persona is a big one for me as well. It's something that I've recently tried to rectify.

I fail to treat others kindly on a regular basis.

I'm much handsomer than Set.
boomerang

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:03 pm
@Questioner,
Handsomer than Set? I'm not sure that's possible. Is your persona that of an honest man or that of a liar?

I think I need to know more about your rectification.

My public persona relies on me smiling and turning up my southern accent a notch or two. It really disarms people here. Once off guard I open up the whup-ass.

You should be kind, though, you know.
Questioner

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:09 pm
@boomerang,
Oh I know, I should definitely be kind. And much more patient.

My persona is neither honest nor a liar, but more of a braggart and a bully. I've largely discarded it in a mass exodus of online stimuli (ie the 3 or so year gap between my previous use of a2k and now).

I'm a work in progress.

And the southern accent can disarm many folks. Having been born in the south I've learned to be on my toes whenever I hear it.
Questioner

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:09 pm
@boomerang,
And yes, WAY more handsomer than Set. And since I"m ditching my braggart persona, you know I say that with all humility.
boomerang

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:26 pm
@Questioner,
I will also confess that I do not understand the nature of the braggart.

Bragging is contrary to my mission of misunderestimation.

Ahm glad yhur still wurking on yuhrself.

Patience and kindness are necessary traits for a gentleman.

I've glimpsed photos of Setanta. He's extraordinary. And that brain..... seriously swoon-worthy. Someday I hope to have it in a jar on my shelf.
Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 01:23 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
And that brain..... seriously swoon-worthy. Someday I hope to have it in a jar on my shelf.

You can have it right now . . . i'm not using it for anything . . .
boomerang

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 05:08 am
@Setanta,
Yay!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 05:24 am
@Questioner,
Questioner wrote:

And yes, WAY more handsomer than Set. And since I"m ditching my braggart persona, you know I say that with all humility.

It shows. You're extraordinarily humile.....with much to be humile about.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 07:06 am
@boomerang,
Generally I think I've been true to my personality - although often times - I will tell bold faced lies - in jest - but often times people do not realize it and believe them and then try by helping me. Other times, I like to torture people - but just a slight bit.

I also thoroughly enjoy telling people on the internet that I am fat, that I am a dirty old man - stuff like that - which is the opposite of me.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:00 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

boomerang wrote:
And that brain..... seriously swoon-worthy. Someday I hope to have it in a jar on my shelf.

You can have it right now . . . i'm not using it for anything . . .

Fortunately, even with his brain on a desk Set is capable of debating most people into a corner. Still, I'd like to see a picture of it when you get the lid on Boomerang.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 03:43 pm
Sometimes, in the flesh (not here) people seem to be a bit intimidated by me. On the one hand, I find it surprising--even bewildering. On the other very deep down secret hand, I like it (a little).

Considering delete. No. What the hell.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:21 am
I think of A2K as Aristotle's Lyceum where we encourage all opinions in a quest for truth. Where we approach disagreements with humility and mutual respect.

(Having said that, I should confess that none of my posts should be taken seriously.)
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:37 pm
@wandeljw,
Don't we know it, wandel Wink

I am pretty much "what you see is what you get" - I am a tough cookie, except that I get away with a lot more in real life.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:38 pm
I drink my milk from the carton...
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 07:45 pm
I peed in the pool ( once, and it was a long time ago).
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 07:48 pm
@wayne,
So you're responsible for the additional heap of chlorine.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 11:15 pm
I sometime feel like I have two completely different people inside of me. Not schizophrenic, mind you, just another possibility...a might have been that pops up now and again in certain situations.

Through choices of my own, my life has been a peaceful and normal one and I am a happy person that is married and working toward my dream of professional artist.

But, every now and then, a different me looks through my eyes. Sometimes I feel I should have taken a different path. I flirted with the idea of going into the military out of high school. I wanted to be a sniper and part of me still does. I know for a fact that I would have excelled, that I would have had no problems reconciling the deaths I would bring about. I would have completed all missions with thorough, deadly accuracy. I would have become a hard person, not the warm friendly one I am today...but still...sometimes I wonder.

I don't have a death wish or any desire to kill people. I just know that in a purely logical sense I would have been very good at my job.

I have been told by a few different "sensitive" people that I have a dual spirit. Something not unheard of but rare. Twin births run strong in my maternal line, my mother has a twin brother and my grandma has two sisters that are twins. I believe that I was supposed to have a twin and something caused him to never develope. I believe that is the source of my dual spirit and my dual desires of how to live out my life.

Part of me is worried I sound like a weirdo, but what the heck.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 07:12 pm
@boomerang,
Okay I have a confession and I’ve only shared this with a few people. In Ca my drivers license was about to expire but I never received the renewal notice in the mail so I panicked and went down to the DMV, they told me I had to take the written test for car and motorcycle, I had a license for both. I thought oh crap I haven’t studied and they change the laws every year but I took the tests anyway. I passed the car written test but flunked the motorcycle test. I asked the lady at the window when could I take the written test for the motorcycle examine again, she said “ don’t worry honey your license doesn’t expire for another year”
Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 08:30 pm
When nobody's around, i drink milk right out of the carton.

(EDIT: Don't tell the girl . . . 'K?)