Is San Francisco for Queers?

Setanta

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:26 am
I mean, that's what i heard. I heard there's gay boys out there in the bars, in the offices, in the shops . . . EVERYWHERE!

That's why i'm starting a petition to force California to secede from the Union. The soonerer the betterer. What went wrong with our country that we don't just shoot these guys on sight? (Queer women . . . meh . . . as long as they don't actually look like dykes . . . )

Setanta

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:31 am
By the way, can anyone tell me how to jing-jang a corpse? I wanna be clear on the terminology.
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I mean, that's what i heard. I heard there's gay boys out there in the bars, in the offices, in the shops . . . EVERYWHERE!

That's why i'm starting a petition to force California to secede from the Union. The soonerer the betterer. What went wrong with our country that we don't just shoot these guys on sight? (Queer women . . . meh . . . as long as they don't actually look like dykes . . . )

The current DSM IV classifies homosexuality only as gender confusion. And, they soon can enter the U.S. military I thought.

The only thing I find objectionable with homosexualists (a term my mother once heard on late night radio, and kept using it) is that I remember reading, as a teenager, that a large component of homosexuality is narcissism. So, the gays, and even the gays in the closet, do seem to fall into the right side of any narcissistic bellcurve, in my opinion. It is not that they talk about themselves; it is they just have a great need, I believe, to be center stage, so to speak. So, while not all narcissists are homosexuals, I do believe many homosexuals have a large component of narcissism in their personality.

What is laughable though is that many women have gaydar, so many a woman can discern if a male is gay in about three seconds by just seeing the non-interest in his eyes. Adult men are usually not fooled for long, since many gays in the closet try too hard to dissimulate their gayness by talking about fictitious girlfriends, or just staring at some good looking male.

I just feel sorry for the LGBT community, since the world is not predominantly gay, and I do not believe the rhetoric of gay pride; I believe it is just face saving. I believe many gays would have preferred being straight.
Green Witch

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:25 pm
@Foofie,
http://blogs.suntimes.com/cornerkicks/clueless-excuse.jpg
Setanta

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:49 pm
@Green Witch,
hehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:57 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Adult men are usually not fooled for long, since many gays in the closet try too hard to dissimulate their gayness by talking about fictitious girlfriends, or just staring at some good looking male.

nuh uh.

Adult men (straight one's I assume you mean) aren't fooled for long, because all those dang gay always run up to them shrieking "I NEED AMANDA HUGGINKISS!!"

Then they throw themselves down on the nearest fainting couch and start sobbing.

It gives them away almost every time.

Setanta

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:02 pm
Hehehehehehe . . .

this is proving to be an entertaining thread . . .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:14 pm
@chai2,
I always thought "the tell" was when they spontaneously burst out singing Rodgers & Hammerstein show tunes - and they get all the words right.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:16 pm
Everywhere I go I run into queers. The queens are everywhere in Saint Petersburg, another Sodom and Gomorrah!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:20 pm
@Foofie,
Are you German, Foofie? Walter Hinteler and I would have responded in the exact same way.
chai2

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:22 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Are you German, Foofie? Walter Hinteler and I would have responded in the exact same way.

Facinating

http://www.eugenesaints.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/spock001.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:03 pm
@chai2,
That's a pic of wandel as lay-actor in Faust: The First Part of the Tragedy

Here's a more recent photo, showing both of us:
http://i53.tinypic.com/flf0oi.jpg
wandeljw

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks, Walter. I always tell myself, "The homeland is so far, and yet so near."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:38 pm
Georgebob lives in San Francisco. That clinches it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:41 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

The only thing I find objectionable with homosexualists (a term my mother once heard on late night radio, and kept using it) is that I remember reading, as a teenager, that a large component of homosexuality is narcissism.

That is total bollocks. The thing I find objectionable is Streisland. How on earth can anyone want to listen to that? That, and the restrictive levels of personal hygene, I can't be doing with that.
edgarblythe

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:57 pm
When I tell people I once lived in San Francisco, a light always clicks in their faces. "Um, San Francisco, hey?" It's a wonderful place, for sightseeing and eating. I took a room near Chinatown, to make it easy to find their restaurants. Not confused by the fact I had acquired a taste for oriental food while in Japan, I selected that Chinatown, because I did not know of any 'Japantown.' I got to watch the New Year celebration. At night I generally hung around The Coffee Gallery, where a man sang Bob Dylan songs. Also frequented City Lights book store. My brother, Sam, did not want to live in California, so we did not stay more than a couple of months.
Sglass

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:24 pm
San Francisco is for anyone who can afford to live there!
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 06:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:

The only thing I find objectionable with homosexualists (a term my mother once heard on late night radio, and kept using it) is that I remember reading, as a teenager, that a large component of homosexuality is narcissism.

That is total bollocks. The thing I find objectionable is Streisland. How on earth can anyone want to listen to that? That, and the restrictive levels of personal hygene, I can't be doing with that.

That, and Cher.

cripes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 07:27 pm
I love a number of Barbra Streisand songs. Very Happy
wandeljw

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 07:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I told a gay friend that people think I'm gay because I am always listening to Barbara Streisand. His answer was a classic: "Babs? I never would have guessed you were a Babs fan! The only thing more gay would be to admit that you are a Liza fan."