my letter to the tea party

modock

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 10:35 pm
My letter to the TEA PARTY
I am tired. Tired of the way the current battles in politics are being handled today. Recently one of the two “Great Parties” showed their true face. Of course I am speaking of the Republican Party, or should I say the Tea Party as this is what the former Republican Party has become. I recently changed jobs. I had good health insurance but the opportunities at my new employer were maybe not as good for my wallet but much better for my mental health. You can only be as truly miserable as I was for so long. During this change I have lost my insurance. Taking COBRA is simply not an option. The cost is so high I could get private insurance for less and even that would be out of my price range even at my old job with all bonuses included! Now if I were to get sick or injured the Tea Party would just as soon see me die on the street like some stray dog. Yet, this is supposed to be the party for Christ. How is this possible? It is a true contradiction and can only be explained as hypocrisy. It saddens me to think that a group of people who profess to follow the ways of love compassion and charity would cheer at the thought of a 30 year old man dying a preventable death because the thought of spending 30 dollars out of their paycheck is too much. This is not compassion or charity and it certainly cannot be called love. I see it this way you can be a Christian and follow in Christ’s example or you can be a member of the Tea Party. I know this seems a harsh judgment and I am heartbroken that I have to make it. However the actions of this party have proven themselves to be against everything taught to any member of any branch of the Christian church. Love Compassion Charity Forgiveness without judgment or reservation is the truth taught in the Bible. I call on the members of this movement to truly evaluate their motives. Is this about your freedoms? Or could it be fear, greed and miserly motives behind your actions? Then again perhaps I am completely wrong and if I am I ask that you pray for me. Before you do though please remember Matthew 7 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,100 • Replies: 17
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 11:56 pm
@modock,
modock wrote:
My letter to the TEA PARTY
I am tired.
Get some sleep.

modock wrote:
Tired of the way the current battles in politics are being handled today.
Recently one of the two “Great Parties” showed their true face.
Of course I am speaking of the Republican Party,
or should I say the Tea Party as this is what the former Republican Party has become.
The principles of the Tea Party r those of Original Americanism,
based on the relatively libertarian and Individualist philosophy (filosofy) of the US Constitution.

modock wrote:
I recently changed jobs. I had good health insurance but the opportunities at my new employer were maybe not as good for my wallet but much better for my mental health. You can only be as truly miserable as I was for so long. During this change I have lost my insurance. Taking COBRA is simply not an option. The cost is so high I could get private insurance for less and even that would be out of my price range even at my old job with all bonuses included! Now if I were to get sick or injured the Tea Party would just as soon see me die on the street like some stray dog.
I think I 'd mind my own business, not look at u (with all respect).

modock wrote:
Yet, this is supposed to be the party for Christ.
Speaking as a citizen from a Christian background,
I inquire: WHERE DID U GET THAT IDEA???????

modock wrote:
How is this possible?
It is your imagination.
The Republican Party is secular, believing in the separation of Church and state.
I come from a Christian background, but I don't confuse the 2.
The Republican Party a/k/a: the Grand Old Party or GOP,
is not and has NEVER been theocratic.

modock wrote:
It is a true contradiction and can only be explained as hypocrisy.
The alleged "true contradiction" comes from your FALSE PREMISE. Their is no hypocrisy.
I don 't say things that I don't believe; (except in humor).

modock wrote:
It saddens me to think that a group of people who profess to follow the ways of love compassion and charity
We NEVER professed anything of the kind.
U will not find that in any GOP platform.

modock wrote:
would cheer at the thought of a 30 year old man dying a preventable death because the thought
of spending 30 dollars out of their paycheck is too much.
IF I decide to give u a handout,
that is a PERSONAL DECISION of mine.
Government was never granted authority to rip my property away from me
to give the stolen proceeds to YOU.
The money is MINE, not yours. Get the idea?????????
U have NO right to a handout and NO principle of Republicanism says that u do

modock wrote:
This is not compassion or charity and it certainly cannot be called love.
I see it this way you can be a Christian and follow in Christ’s example or you can be a member of the Tea Party.
Do what u want; I refuse to relinquish the basic principles of Original Americanism.
Whether or when, or IF I choose to be compassionate is MY personal choice, with no interference from government.
(U might be happier in a communist country.)
I have no duty to love u, nor even to LIKE u a little.
Some nerve!

modock wrote:
I know this seems a harsh judgment and I am heartbroken that I have to make it.
However the actions of this party have proven themselves to be against everything
taught to any member of any branch of the Christian church.
Then go to Church; maybe thay 'll give u what u want.

modock wrote:
Love Compassion Charity Forgiveness without judgment or reservation is the truth taught in the Bible.
OK, I forgive u.

modock wrote:
I call on the members of this movement to truly evaluate their motives.
Is this about your freedoms?
YES

modock wrote:
Or could it be fear, greed and miserly motives behind your actions?
Don't group so many together.
No, as to fear;
yes, as to greed,
but no as to being miserly.
(It is more fun to spend freely.)

modock wrote:
Then again perhaps I am completely wrong
That 's right.

modock wrote:
and if I am I ask that you pray for me.
The Supreme Being does not need my advice.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:16 pm
@modock,
Good luck mate, not everyone is like Dave. I hope you can get it sorted out. The Tea Party is for people who aren't honest enough to join the KKK. Most of them are incredibly stupid and don't realise they're dancing to the rich man's tune. Thank **** we don't have any over here.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Good luck mate, not everyone is like Dave. I hope you can get it sorted out. The Tea Party is for people who aren't honest enough to join the KKK. Most of them are incredibly stupid and don't realise they're dancing to the rich man's tune. Thank **** we don't have any over here.
IF u care as much as u claim,
then r u "honest" enuf to send him YOUR money ??????????
How much will U send him????????????

The amount of cash that u send him
will be the criterion by which we can judge YOUR honesty.
I 'm pretty sure that I already know how honest u will prove to BE, Izzy.

David
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:34 pm
My Letter to every Political Party on the planet (except maybe the Greens in Canada, Elizabeth May seems like a nice woman)

**** you, fuckstick

love
joe

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Tell us, Izzy:
HOW did u ascertain the degree of intelligence of "most of them"?????

I suspect that the operative criterion
is whether thay agree with U (or with Karl Marx). Admit it.

David
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Come on David. You know that Tea Party members are all racist, ignorant pigs. All the good democrats say so. Geesh man, get with the program.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

u care as much as u claim,

I pay my taxes, which are considerably higher than yours, so we can have Universal Health Care. I don't fiddle my taxes. If people like you paid the same amount of tax as people like me, you would not have the, frankly quite disgusting, situation where people die from treatable conditions due to the cost of medical treatment.

You call yourself a Christian, but the parable of the good Samaritan means nothing to you.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Tell us, Izzy:
HOW did u ascertain the degree of intelligence of "most of them"?????

I've seen them being interviewed.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Here is my free lesson for you about the parable of the good Samaritan. Notice the Samaritan helped the wounded man, not because of a government mandate that he do so, but because he loved his fellow man. So how this has any relationship to how much David or you or anyone else pays in taxes does not quite compute to me.

I'm also lost as to how you have any idea how much people like David pay in taxes compared to you.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:08 pm
@CoastalRat,
There is a far higher rate of tax paid in the UK than USA. That's how.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Congratulations David! You have joined the party of assholes " Tea Party" members that infest this world with their so called religious American views that are actually anti christian and anti american. Oh, I forgot you are a founding member of the tea Party.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:54 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
My Letter to the Tea Party, The Republican Party, The Democratic party,
hell, every Political Party on the planet (except maybe the Greens in Canada, Elizabeth May seems like a nice woman)

**** you, fuckstick

love
joe
Thank u, Joe.
Its very kind of u to be so concerned with our erotic contentment n satisfaction.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

u care as much as u claim,
izzythepush wrote:
I pay my taxes, which are considerably higher than yours,
so we can have Universal Health Care. I don't fiddle my taxes.
I pay as little as possible.
Every citizen shoud pay as little as possible,
in an effort to keep government as weak, starved and inoffensive
(blessings be unto Heinlein) as possible.

izzythepush wrote:
If people like you paid the same amount of tax as people like me, you would not have the, frankly quite disgusting, situation where people die from treatable conditions due to the cost of medical treatment.
That 's a personal problem.
People shoud get voluntary, private insurance, in the same spirit
that thay carry their guns, because u never know when u 'll need it.

izzythepush wrote:
You call yourself a Christian, but the parable of the good Samaritan means nothing to you.
O, yea??? On A2K???????
Quote it; go ahead QUOTE ME and link it.
U 'll be looking for that forever
because I 've NEVER said anything of the kind in this forum,
nor in most of the other fora wherein I post.
The closest that I 've come to anything like that
is in mentioning that I come from a Christian background, which is factually accurate.

U have SOME NERVE, putting words in MY mouth!!!
Is there NO depth to which liberals will not stoop, sink n descend????

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:14 pm
@izzythepush,
I almost never discuss religion in these fora,
unless it is related to blowing up American edifices
or flying stolen planes into them, in the name of that religion.

It is noteworthy how the Moslems lie,
in furtherance of their religion.
I heard the Moslem's voice recording,
telling passengers that everything will be OK,
if thay remain seated. It did not work out that way.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm sorry for missing the 'background' bit, but as you kept repeating it, you sounded pretty Christian. I now realise you were making a distinction, although how far back the background goes is anyone's guess. I suggest it's like an old pair of gloves that you put on when you feel like it.

The terrorist in the hijackings was a fanatic. You cannot tar all Moslems with the same brush if you believe in logic. Everyone lies David, Christian, Moslem, Branch Davidian, everyone.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

U have SOME NERVE, putting words in MY mouth!!!
Is there NO depth to which liberals will not stoop, sink n descend????

You've got some nerve calling me a Liberal. I hate the ******* Liberals, they sold out all their principles, broke solemn pledges, just to get into bed with the loathsome Conservatives. Nick Clegg is the leader of the Liberals, over here people don't say 'Is the Pope a Catholic?' or 'Does a bear **** in the woods?' They say, 'Is Clegg a ****?'
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I'm sorry for missing the 'background' bit,
but as you kept repeating it, you sounded pretty Christian.
If u r going to attribute Christian sayings to me,
then it falls to U
to set forth what it was, QUOTING it, for analysis.

I never come here representing Christian filosofy
(except that I HAVE related Jesus's advice
that if u don 't have a sword, u better buy one Luke 22:36).

izzythepush wrote:
I now realise you were making a distinction,
although how far back the background goes is anyone's guess.
Is it anyone 's BUSINESS, on the political threads?????

izzythepush wrote:
I suggest it's like an old pair of gloves that you put on when you feel like it.
WHATAYAMEAN "when you feel like it" ????
I have never ventured forth to be anyone 's spiritual advisor on the political threads.
I don 't have that in my plans.

David

0 Replies