lefties "whine;" righties have solutions

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 05:31 pm
Well, I see it on all the more contentious threads: Lefties are whiners; righties are busily promoting real solutions. I have no problem with that. I don't mind letting it be known I whine each time they take away more from the poorest citizens to give to the big shots. I even whimper when the administration blatantly lies about something and actually goes up in the polls. I whine the most about the unnecessary 500 American deaths in Iraq, along with all the civilian Iraqi deaths. But I can't offer a better way. I am, you see, a leftie whiner and have nothing to offer. That Iraq was already defenseless and contained before Bush (from a safe distance) ordered the first shot to be fired is a whining point - not valid, I am told. That the Bush administration was derelict in their duty regarding prevention of 911 is a point only a whiner wants to pursue. The stolen election of course might as well be chalked up with a big W for Bush. Whine.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 850 • Replies: 14
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 05:37 pm
I was thinking about this (I think -- I may not be getting your point) when I read the editorial today in the NYT about the new marriage initiative from the White House. Aren't the Republicans supposed to be the "teach a man to fish" people?

Quote:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:03 pm
When the government starts dictating something tha should be the business of the churches and states, it's heading towards totalitarianism. Didn't we declare ourselves independent from this kind of thing when we told Britain to stick it? King George is back.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:49 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I whine the most about the unnecessary 500 American deaths in Iraq, along with all the civilian Iraqi deaths.

You have the right to whine, Edgar, I whine about these same matters myself. With the current government at hand...I wonder what's in store for America's future.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:51 pm
Politics has always had more whining than solutions as its easier to detract from the status quo than to come up with solutions (mainly because even if you come up with a perfect solution it will be derided by the other side's whiners).

The incumbent parties always have to run against people who whine. This is the way it is. The incumbent party can't whine as much because they are in power and they can't complain that someone else is at fault as easily.

When the left is back in power there will be a shift to more "whining" from the right.

<shrugs>

Such is life, no matter what, the opposition's best tactic is to complain about the incumbent.

Either way, whomever is in power has less to whine about.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 07:17 pm
seat next to you taken Edgar?
The accusations of whining never bothered me, i like my nasal whine, It can really annoy some people. Im more pissed at the truisms that state that "the left side is basing their positions upon a lack of facts whereaqs the right is the pulpit of fact based decisions. This is so much bullcrap .
see there I go whining again
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:36 pm
Whimper.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:17 pm
When the lefties control the presidency, both houses of congress, the supreme court, cable news channels, and talk radio, let's see if the righties don't whine.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:52 pm
We need a lot of whine to go with this cheesey President(?)
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:59 pm
http://www.wonderpuppy.net/misc2/cheesenwhine.htm
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:03 pm
All the best whine comes from California.

That's just not fair, is it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:14 pm
Wonderful wine, colorbook. Unfortunately I don't care for cheese.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 05:12 am
Re: lefties "whine;" righties have solutions
edgarblythe wrote:
Well, I see it on all the more contentious threads: Lefties are whiners; righties are busily promoting real solutions. I have no problem with that. I don't mind letting it be known I whine each time they take away more from the poorest citizens to give to the big shots. I even whimper when the administration blatantly lies about something and actually goes up in the polls. I whine the most about the unnecessary 500 American deaths in Iraq, along with all the civilian Iraqi deaths. But I can't offer a better way. I am, you see, a leftie whiner and have nothing to offer. That Iraq was already defenseless and contained before Bush (from a safe distance) ordered the first shot to be fired is a whining point - not valid, I am told. That the Bush administration was derelict in their duty regarding prevention of 911 is a point only a whiner wants to pursue. The stolen election of course might as well be chalked up with a big W for Bush. Whine.

I'll whine to that ;-)

Cheers :-)
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 06:45 am
France
Doesn't France have the best whine?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 10:28 am
sozobe
Yes, you are on the right track, to my thinking, to be a first class whiner.
0 Replies