Why do I feel so calm and peaceful?

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:47 pm
I have a lot of turmoil going on right now. Nothing that will kill me, but just lots of different things going causing great stress.

We've had lots of turnover at work increasing workloads to impossible levels, hubby's been laid off, home potentially selling, kids stuff, having our wedding rings and other jewerley stolen and just lots and lots of stressful stuff.

Oddly I feel very calm and peaceful today. Happy and satisfied - I feel good. Once or twice stress tried to creep up and for some reason, I feel so what the h*ll.

This is not normal for me - I am usually a basketcase trying to get impossible things done.

Is this how insanity starts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 9,015 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:49 pm
@Linkat,
The opposite, in fact: it's how sanity starts.

All the stress we load ourselves down with is mostly bullshit. Things work out fine 98% of the time, and there's always plenty of time to worry about things after they've gone wrong.

Keep it up!

Cycloptichorn
Rockhead

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:49 pm
@Linkat,
it's the eye of the storm.

but it's difficult to stay there...
roger

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:51 pm
@Linkat,
Maybe you're just one of those people who thrive on chaos and confusion.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thanks - I think it is in part that so many stressful things are happening at once, I've hit my limit. Nothing else I can do, but plug along.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:55 pm
@Rockhead,
That is a possibility.

This weekend could be fun then.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:39 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
I have a lot of turmoil going on right now. Nothing that will kill me, but just lots of different things going causing great stress.

We've had lots of turnover at work increasing workloads to impossible levels, hubby's been laid off, home potentially selling, kids stuff, having our wedding rings and other jewerley stolen and just lots and lots of stressful stuff.

Oddly I feel very calm and peaceful today. Happy and satisfied - I feel good. Once or twice stress tried to creep up and for some reason, I feel so what the h*ll.

This is not normal for me - I am usually a basketcase trying to get impossible things done.

Is this how insanity starts?

No, I agree with Cyclo, Linkat.
That is a far saner (for you) response to the things you've described, some which you have no control over at all ....
The thing is, worrying & fretting yourself ragged over some of those things won't change them.
Best to conserve your energy (say nothing of your sanity! ) for those things you can influence.

(ps ... I hope your husband finds a new job soon ....
Good luck! )
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:21 am
I think tht when things get way TOO much, there are choices: either get ourselves in a real tizzy or get our mind 'out of the way.'

Letting go of control and just letting things be can be calming. It is that space where you can see things most clearly and can then make the choice of when and where and how to act.

Sometimes just stepping to the side is the best way.
Linkat

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:44 pm
@msolga,
thank you - he is actually going to start his own business. He used to do this before and it is the same work he was doing = just on his own.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:45 pm
@PUNKEY,
I think that is what is happening - I realize that there is only so much I can control so why get worked up - it still won't go away.
0 Replies