Microsoft Word amd Word Starter

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 02:55 pm
I am working on a big paper and bought Microsoft Word about a year ago. A couple of nights ago I got an e-mail with an attachment, and could not open the attachment. But I got a page that said something to the effect that Word Starter could do it. I clicked on to Word Starter and all went well. Yesterday, when I went back to my project (done on Word from the beginning) all I got was Word Starter. What happened to Word? Why can't I get it back? It was very expensive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,207 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Woollcott
contrex

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 03:48 pm
@Woollcott,
Woollcott wrote:
I clicked on to Word Starter

1. What does this mean? You "clicked on to" it? Clicked on to what?

Quote:
But I got a page

2. Where? How? Where from?

Quote:
It was very expensive.

3. What exactly was "expensive"? The install disk? Don't you still have it?

4. What was the attachment?

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:02 pm
A couple of nights ago I got an e-mail with an attachment, and could not open the attachment. But I got a page that said something to the effect that Word Starter could do it. I clicked on to Word Starter and all went well.

1. Was the email from someone you knew or from a source you expected to receive one from?

2. If you could not open the attachment, you should have stopped there and asked the sender to confirm what format it was sent in.

3. Never ever click on something in a pop-up unless it is something you intentionally instigated. That's how viruses spread.

4. Before clicking on something like that, do a Google search on it to see what you can learn about it. Searching for Word Starter tells me it is a Microsoft program. You can read more about it here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/starter-help/introduction-to-word-starter-HA010385337.aspx

As to what happened to your Word program, I don't know. Did you try starting it from the program icon on your desktop or the program menu accessed when you click the green START button?
0 Replies

engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 08:46 am
@Woollcott,
The default program for the .doc extension has been set to Word Starter instead of Word. You can change the default program back using this guide or you can open Word from the START menu and then open your project from there.
0 Replies