to go or not to go

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 01:36 pm
So I need some advice on what to do.
I am a bit of a workaholic, because I enjoy my job and rarely ask for days off.
Being from Cali I have some friends that enjoy going to Vegas often, but I have been to vegas a number of times, but do not paticularly enjoy going.

Now my problem is, my friends originally planned a trip to San Fransico ( a 7 hour drive) so I asked for the 3 days off and when I told them that I had the days off, they told me they changed the trip to Vegas instead, but didn't tell me because I would not go.

Now normally, I just wouldnt go, and thats that. Except after thinking about it, it was probably was an understandable decision. They've invited me to vegas before, but I simply decine because I am not a fan because of the weather there! So I dont ask for days off and don't go.

So my opioions are.
a) Tell them how i feel and go (knowing i'll still have fun, cause they're great friends)

b) Tell them how I feel and don't go (because it wasn't cool that they kept it from me)

What do you guys think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 3,091 • Replies: 34
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 01:38 pm
I wouldn't go.

0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 01:49 pm
I wouldn't go either. They could have at least told you they had a change of plans. Send them a postcard from San Francisco.
ajoetapia

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:08 pm
@MMarciano,
Sounds like a great plan.

Like you're pic btw.
chai2

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:14 pm
@ajoetapia,
What's wrong with my picture?
ajoetapia

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:15 pm
@chai2,
oh! i like your picture too! =)

and thank you for your advice too.
nurseinstead12

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:17 pm
@ajoetapia,
I am also a workaholic.I enjoy my work a lot.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:28 pm
@ajoetapia,
ajoetapia wrote:

oh! i like your picture too! =)

and thank you for your advice too.

well....alright then.

I was just feeling left out.

I wouldn't like to go to Vegas either. Never been, but it just doesn't appeal to me.
Like you, the weather, but also, all the gambling and sin and stuff.

I'd prefer the sin of San Francisco.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:35 pm
@ajoetapia,
I'd be annoyed with the friends for not telling you, and I like the idea of your going to SF, should you be able to catch a plane in a short time.

Alternately, I've been to Vegas, which is also not a big draw for me, with a group of girlfriends for one's birthday, did not gamble (not my thing) and enjoyed being with the friends. On the other hand, they didn't fool me first.

Next alternative - I take it you are in the LA area? Drive yourself to someplace wonderful that is closer and check it out. There is much to see between LA/SF, though I wouldn't claim that for highway 5.

Are you new to California?
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 03:43 pm
@ajoetapia,
They should have at least told you that they weren't going to San Francisco even if they didn't think you'd want to go to Vegas. Don't go. Have a great holiday somewhere else by yourself or with a different friend.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 01:30 pm
Yeeeeeuuuup - they should have had the courtesy to tell you of the change in plans and asked you if you might want to go to Vegas. Kinda inconsiderate, if you ask me. Sounds like you'd have just as much fun at your job, though Smile
chai2

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 02:00 pm
@Mame,
I was thinking that too.

I wouldn't necessarily say go away somewhere else, if you really like your job.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 02:21 pm
@ajoetapia,
I am betting that they did not tell you because they know that you will be a sour puss about Vegas and will ruin everyone's time. That being the case you should hint about wanting to come this time an see what kind of a reaction you get, if it is not a " OMG, I am SO glad you want to do Vegas this time!!" then beg off. Otherwise go and prove to them that you can have a good time in Vegas (I assume that faking it will be required).

Obviously both of your ideas are bad ideas.
Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
He hasn't gone to Vegas with them for a while, so I doubt that your theory holds any water. Nobody mentioned 'ruining everyone's time', either. Don't you think you're jumping (as in HIGH JUMPing) to conclusions?
0 Replies

Mame

@hawkeye10,
He hasn't gone to Vegas with them for a while, so I doubt that your theory holds any water. Nobody mentioned 'ruining everyone's time', either. Don't you think you're jumping (as in HIGH JUMPing) to conclusions?
0 Replies

Mame

@hawkeye10,
0 Replies

Mame

@hawkeye10,
Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:34 pm
Holy crap, what happened? Doesn't matter, it bears repeating Smile
Rockhead

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:36 pm
@Mame,
quit hitting send, dammit...
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:49 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

NO, because I dont think it is jumping to conclusions to think that this woman as been in the past very clear to her friends that she thinks Vegas sucks, that her idea that she must tell them this message this time no matter which way she goes would be a repeat of a previous message. I think is is very reasonable to assume that her friends are very aware that she would be a Debby Downer in Vegas, and than now that they have decided to go that they know that they have unfinished business with our OP. The type of person who must make everyone else unhappy with their objection to the consensus is a well known quantity, they are allergic to keeping their mouth shut and going with the flow, or of taking one for the team.