Unemployment Rises to 16.2% in June

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 11:29 am
Real Unemployment Rises to 16.2% in June

(CNSNews.com) – The real unemployment rate rose to 16.2 percent in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported on Friday, marking a return to levels not seen since January 2011.

The “real” unemployment rate is technically a combination of three measures of unemployment: the unemployment rate, the number of people working part-time who want full-time work, and the number of people “marginally attached” to the workforce.

Those who have left the workforce but would still like to be employed are considered marginally attached.

This figure is considered a more complete measure of unemployment because it captures a broader spectrum of those affected by the weak economy. Merely counting those who apply for unemployment benefits as “unemployed” does not fully account for everyone who is out of work or underemployed...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,201 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 12:11 pm
@H2O MAN,
The real problem lies behind that problem: That education has been made a commodity, and not funded as though a necessity so that many people who now need an education find they can not afford them and not afford to be without them... And jobs we pay for everytime we pay a service bill or food bill have either been exported, or are in the hands of illegals because they do not pay enough to support anyone in this country... One service call I made to a bank made the point of telling me they were answering from within the United States... I once refused to pay a bill I did not owe, and before the matter was resolved I was recieving harrassing phone calls from ATT employees in India... Imagine how that felt, to have an American company hire foreigners to bother me because of a situation in which they were in the wrong only because Americans were too expensive to hire because they refused to live in a slum, drink polluted water, and crap in the gutter... If you ask for your rights in this country you are asking to have your job exported to some place where people have no rights... All the revolutionaries forefathers who believed in the export of democracy were absolutely right... The existence of tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom anywhere... And we see that effect now, with our jobs exported and all our products imported... We have our nuts in a vice, and international capitalism has us there on purpose...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:51 pm
@Fido,

Liberal democrat policies are at the root of this countries problems.
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 04:25 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Liberal democrat policies are at the root of this countries problems.
Easier said than proved...
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 07:11 am
@Fido,
Easier for you to just ignore the proof that surrounds you.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 07:26 am

Pelosi is pissed at republicans for opting out of rebutting Obama's jobs speech
confirming that she and her fellow democrats don't have a jobs plan.

0 Replies