Palestinian Solidarity Campaign disrupts Israeli Concert. Yeah!!!

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 05:33 pm
@Yahoojack,
Yahoojack wrote:

I hate murderers.

You just hate. You don't seem to have a problem with Moslems being murdered. Just because nobody can be bothered to comment on your hate filled posts, you dig up an old post that's been dormant for months.

You fill youself up with righteous indignation about the peaceful disruption of a propaganda exercise by a symbol of the state of Israel. The real outrage is that by denying/delaying access to medical care, Palestinians are being killed on a daily basis. Whichever way you look at it the real victims are the Palestinians.

You can scream and issue threats, all you want, but you can't stop the truth getting out. It would seem that more and more Americans are beginning to realise that the support of Israel is a poison chalice.
Yahoojack

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 06:34 pm
@Sturgis,
There is a response to the boycott of Israel.We have formed a counter boycott.
We will change our buying habits and buy from Israel whenever possible,even if the israeli goods cost more than what we usually buy.Walmart has joined this movement and now carries lots of Israeli goods they didn't have before.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 08:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What this accomplished was bring the plight of the Palestinians to a wider audience.

It must be so awful for those poor Palestinian thugs to be prevented from murdering innocent civilians..... Oh the humanity!

izzythepush wrote:
We need a full boycott of apartheid Israel like we did with South Afrrica. It also lets the Israelis know how disguting many people in the West find their actions.

Your blood libel is as vile as always.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 08:28 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
One of the main achievements is the building up a head of steam for a full boycott.

What full head of steam? Your boycott will never find much acceptance among NON-anti-Semites.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 08:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
this was a thread about peaceful protest against an apartheid regime.

No, the thread was about you anti-Semites vomiting your blood libel all over the internet.

izzythepush wrote:
You want to talk about the holocaust because you know Israel's actions are indefensible.

Israel's actions are perfectly defensible.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 08:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
it's everybody's fault, the real final solution should have been the extermination of the entire human race

what a wonderful world that would be

Only if the dinosaurs are able to make it back.

No world with thinking creatures ever really seems to stand a chance in the long run.

Dinosaurs were usurpers. The world belonged to us synapsids long before the dinosaurs took over.

Bring back the Permian!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 08:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Yahoojack wrote:
I hate murderers.

You just hate. You don't seem to have a problem with Moslems being murdered.

Self defense against Islamic attackers is hardly murder.

izzythepush wrote:
The real outrage is that by denying/delaying access to medical care,

Likely the result of Palestinians turning an area into a war zone.

izzythepush wrote:
Whichever way you look at it the real victims are the Palestinians.

Nope. The Palestinians are the real perpetrators.

izzythepush wrote:
It would seem that more and more Americans are beginning to realise that the support of Israel is a poison chalice.

Your blood libel finds support only among those who are already anti-Semites.
Yahoojack

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:45 pm
@oralloy,
It's interesting that 20% of East Jerusalem is Palestinian Arab and they don't want to leave.They and their descendants have been there since the formation of Israel in 1948.
They have delegates in Parliament, too.
Whatever the problem is, it sure ain't genocide or apartheid.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Lets try to put right what's happening now, we can do nothing about the past. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Germany assuaged their "guilt," in my opinion, by paying off the relatives of any known deceased. Regardless, much of Europe was happy to rid itself of their Jewish population. So, since European distaste for a Jewish presence, in their respective countries, was/is intractable, let's put that into the complete equation, rather than pretend it has no import to the analysis.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:29 am
@Foofie,
In the UK there is a thriving Jewish community. I understand there's a significant Jewish population in Berlin, who feel it's important to maintain a presence there.

Unlike Joe and Oralboy you're obviously not comfortable with the way the Palestinians are treated, which is why you like to change the subject, and look the other way.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:
One should not get all self-rightous when so many of one's own (aka, Europeans) were in tacit approval of the "cause," in my opinion.

Not in the UK, we were fighting the Nazis long before the Americans got involved. There was more tacit approval in America than Britain, Lindbergh and all that.

That's typical of you though, this was a thread about peaceful protest against an apartheid regime. You want to talk about the holocaust because you know Israel's actions are indefensible.

What's more telling is that this thread was dead and buried, until someone who posts threads about all Moslems being paedophiles comes along and resurrects it.

I talk about the Holocaust, since that was the direct cause, in my opinion, of Israel becoming a State at that point in time. It was a place to put the Jews that were not appreciated as Displaced Persons. Plus, there was the possibility that the Arabs would finish off the job that Hitler started. A win-win situation for Europe.

Talking about whether Israel's actions are indefensible is no more indefensible than the Falklands sheep that want to continue "bahhing" in English rather than Spanish.

In my opinion, the anti-Israel crowd ascribes to Israel a higher expectation of moral behavior than many people expect from other nations of the world. That is really the nut. A double standard, in my opinion. Do you see western Europeans getting upset over the behavior of a drone or two? At least to the same degree as the anti-Israel crowd? I personally believe many in the anti-Israel crowd are just unknowing shills for a Europe that wants and needs its oil, and does not want to upset its growing Muslim population, since they seem to get quite agitated at times.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 10:10 am
@Foofie,
Israel tries to give the impression it's a liberal democracy, but it doesn't behave like that. I don't ascribe higher standards to Israel than I do to other countries. Israel and America, both use drones, but what's going on Hebron is uniquely Israeli.
Yahoojack

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 11:31 am
@Foofie,
Bullshit.Many Europeans protected the Jews from the Nazis in WWII.
Yahoojack

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 11:34 am
@Foofie,
Zionism, the movement to establish a Jewish state, began in the 1870s.
The British agreed to establish one during WWI.

Even before 1948 when Israel was established by UN resolution, Jews had been living on that land for centuries.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 07:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Israel tries to give the impression it's a liberal democracy, but it doesn't behave like that. I don't ascribe higher standards to Israel than I do to other countries. Israel and America, both use drones, but what's going on Hebron is uniquely Israeli.

Yes, I know there are Jews in Britain. Jews in Britain are not talking about having been kicked out of Britain twice in its history. Why bring up those things now?

As for Germany and its Jews, I understand that most of those Jews are ex-Soviet Union citizens that just made the judgement that life in Germany is better than life in the ex-Soviet Union. However, in my opinion, the real winner there is Germany, since it was the 500 plus year old German Jewish community that the Nazis got rid of. That being the community of established German Jews that learned how to rise to a fairly high economic/professional level. In effect, native Germans do not have the same "competition" from ex-Soviet Union Jews, as they had from authentic German Jews, prior to the Nazi era. So, again in my opinion, native Germans now have the ability to play philo-Semite, without the downside of a competing group in its midst. Come back in 500 years and see if the descendants of these ex-Soviet Union Jews are welcomed with the same largesse? By then many might be assimilated, or at least many Germans will have a Jewish ancestor, and have lost the taste for Judeophobia?

I do not know what is going on in Hebron. Wouldn't that be a problem for Hebron? Are many Hebronese being killed like in Syria. Or, you might not want to compare atrocities?

But, continue your anti-Israel focus, since it does align you with many of the young, cool, left-wing folks, in my opinion.
Foofie

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 07:37 pm
@Yahoojack,
Yahoojack wrote:

Bullshit.Many Europeans protected the Jews from the Nazis in WWII.

Denmark did get their Jews to safety. However, as I read, the Danish Jews were a very intermarried community. Franco did get some Jews to safety. And there were efforts by the Catholic Church.

However, many Europeans were quite happy to rid themselves of their respective Jewish community. I say this in context of many of the countries, that the Nazis occupied, required assistance from locals to identify all the Jews. Many Europeans did assist in this effort, since there were too few SS officers to round up all the Jews in these occupied countries.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 11:26 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
However, many Europeans were quite happy to rid themselves of their respective Jewish community.

Stop with the finger pointing, Foofie. The US was full of rampant anti-Jewish sentiment.

The US was quite happy to get rid of Native Americans - that genocide wasn't all that much different than what the Nazis did. It was just spread over a continent.

Most Americans wouldn't have shed many tears had there been a plan to exterminate Blacks.
Yahoojack

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 12:50 am
@Foofie,
So did the Serbs, the Norwegians, the Dutch and the Belgians.
Jews in WWII Europe were not just helpless victims. Many joined their
own nation's resistance movements, in the USSR, France, Poland,and Serbia and fought the Nazi invaders.There was an uprising of Jews in Warsaw, Poland in 1943. The Jews acquired guns and explosives and killed hundreds of Nazi SS troops.
oralloy

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 01:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Nonsense. Any democracy would take steps to prevent the Palestinians from waging an endless murder spree.

If the Palestinians want to be treated like civilized people, they first need to start acting like civilized people.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 03:42 am
@Foofie,
Maybe you should find out what's going on in Hebron before you make such glib comments. I doubt you will, because it's better not to know, that way you can go on about historical injustices. I'm sure what Edward I got up to is highly relevant to what's happening today. It always helps question the motives of anyone critical of Israel. You look the other way with aplomb.