Islamic Laws

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 02:02 pm
Do islamic laws apply on foreign muslim man?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,841 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 01:04 am
@acquaintanceS,
If a man is a Muslim, he is supposed to observe all Shari'a laws, regardless of where he is. Not sure what you mean by "foreign" in this instance.
acquaintanceS

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:32 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Sorry, my question was not clear enough. Few of the Muslim countries follow the Shari'a laws. Malaysia is one of these countries. What I wanted to know is if Shari'a laws in Malaysia are applicable on Malaysian Muslims only or do these apply on the foreign Muslims too (who are on visit or work visa).

Thanks
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 07:43 pm
@acquaintanceS,
I'm not familiar with the Malaysian situation personally, but, as a general rule, if one is a Muslim in a Muslim country, one is expected to follow local law and local custom.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 02:41 pm
@acquaintanceS,
Sharia Law is a religious law. In western countries Sharia Law is optional. Many Muslims may practice their religion but do not follow the edicts of fundamentalists and this is where Sharia Law becomes a problem. Sharia Law forces and supersedes the legislated laws of the land. Sharia Law is not acceptable as a barbaric practice such genital mutilation could forced be on Muslims. In Bangladesh, a Muslim country, would not allow a mullah to threaten a community with a fatwa. Sharia law is intimidation of Muslim by fundamentalists from Saudi Arabia.
0 Replies