Arella Mae

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:49 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I don't get this.

Just put JTT on ignore and don't talk to him if you don't want to talk to him. Or, if you need to take a break from A2K then take a break from A2K. Why would you want to be deleted? (I don't think they delete anyone anyway...)

I know you don't get it and frankly, I don't get it either. The thing about putting people on ignore is others still talk to them and quote what they say. I got extremely upset at JTT and moment when I said I wanted to be deleted I did.

I sent JTT a private message last week apologizing for getting so upset with him because I was wrong. He sent me back a very nice response. Then because I won't start murmuring and complaining about politicians he starts accusing me of lying, which is what his "excuse" comments are.

JPB you,I am sure, have noticed that I do not bring my beliefs into every post like I used to. I finally told JTT scripture says to pray for our leaders and not talk against them. I thought he would respect that. But, no, he doesn't respect that.

I was very hurt, whether that is realistic or not, and at the time the way I was handling the hurt was to delete myself from it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 12:26 pm
@Arella Mae,
JPB wrote:

I don't get this.

Just put JTT on ignore and don't talk to him if you don't want to talk to him. Or, if you need to take a break from A2K then take a break from A2K. Why would you want to be deleted? (I don't think they delete anyone anyway...)
Arella Mae wrote:
I know you don't get it and frankly, I don't get it either. The thing about putting people on ignore is others still talk to them and quote what they say. I got extremely upset at JTT and moment when I said I wanted to be deleted I did.

I sent JTT a private message last week apologizing for getting so upset with him because I was wrong. He sent me back a very nice response. Then because I won't start murmuring and complaining about politicians he starts accusing me of lying, which is what his "excuse" comments are.

JPB you,I am sure, have noticed that I do not bring my beliefs into every post like I used to. I finally told JTT scripture says to pray for our leaders and not talk against them. I thought he would respect that. But, no, he doesn't respect that.

I was very hurt, whether that is realistic or not, and at the time the way I was handling the hurt was to delete myself from it.

Just referring to my own experience:
I find that the expressed opinions
of other people have NO effect upon me,
UNLESS I RESPECT THEIR MINDS.

Because I know that JTT is not able to reason,
I don 't care what he thinks about anything.
He is NOT a trusted consultant nor advisor.
To me:
JTT's mind is not above that of a loud dog.

David
JTT

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 12:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Would this be the mind that makes promise after promise and never keeps those promises, Dave.? Might this be the mind that merely keeps trumpeting "logic, logic" but never displays any and when actual logic is put right in front of your face, you ignore it, even when you've made frequent promises.

Would this be the mind that celebrates the wanton destruction of innocents?

Now, here, you're back to Meme #whatever, which is one of a real shortlist of inane excuses.
JTT

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 12:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Then because I won't start murmuring and complaining about politicians

That's hardly an accurate representation of the facts, Arella. I'm not asking you to murmur or complain about politicians. I'm wondering, as I've mentioned, it's mystifying how people, hardly just you, can ignore the facts relating to the crimes of numerous US governments.

Quote:
I finally told JTT scripture says to pray for our leaders and not talk against them.

And I explained that you've misread that portion. Again, speaking evil about someone is not the same as speaking about the evil that someone does.

It's ludicrous, to my mind, to think Scripture, from the Good Book remember, would suggest such narrow partisanship.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 12:49 pm
@JTT,

David wrote:
JTT wrote:

Would this be the mind that makes promise after promise and never keeps those promises, Dave.?
I WILL attend to replying
to your posts; better late than never.

JTT wrote:
Might this be the mind that merely keeps trumpeting "logic, logic" but never displays any and when actual logic is put right in front of your face, you ignore it,
Its not that I ignore logic; its that u offer foolishness, falsely alleging that it is logic,
as if (figuratively speaking) u added 4 + 2
and u adamantly insist and scream that it equals 13
and then u claim that it is "logic".

I don t wish to hurt your feelings,
but I cannot respect your reasoning processes
because u have repeatedly demonstrated
that u are not able to reason
and by your posts u have shown a refusal to try it
and a manifest, active disdain for logic.

David
JTT

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 02:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Its not that I ignore logic; its that u offer foolishness, falsely alleging that it is logic,

You're doing it again, Dave. Using the same old inane analogy that you've used numerous times that has no bearing on any of the issues we have discussed.

Quote:

Your lack of posts on the very issues that you have mistakenly suggested are issues of logic illustrate just how out to lunch you are.

I tried to show you how your logic on 'data' was so amiss that a child would understand but you would have none of it. You talked around the issue, you were never willing to address it head on because you knew you were out to lunch.

That illustrates your dishonesty.
JPB

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 02:45 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella, he doesn't want you to murmur and complain. He wants you to shout it from the rooftops! He doesn't understand why Americans don't look at themselves with disgust. He's not wrong. Or, not wholly wrong, at least.

One of the last conversations I had with dys by phone pertained, in part, to JTT and his soapbox. We both agreed that he had a valid point; we just wished he'd find a different way of presenting it, particularly since the one he has is so ineffective.

JTT, I think most Americans are ignorant of much of what you want them to focus on. Ignorance is oftentimes by choice - it's easier not to think about these things and put faith in the hands of our elected leaders who "have our best interests at heart". I'll admit that I've done a lot of reading on proxy wars since coming in contact with your diatribe. Not because I gleaned much from your diatribe, but because there was enough of a glimmer of truth in your posts that I wanted to learn more. And I am pretty disgusted. That doesn't mean I'm going to go around screaming, "War Crimes" and "Criminals" from the yardarms. There are international courts that we choose to ignore. We're the bullies on the playground that have impacted the world and the lives and livelihoods of the people in it. It's not something that I live with lightly, as you seem to think all Americans do. OTOH, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't also acknowledge that my life is what it is because I have the luxury of being an American. I try not to be an arrogant one but, yes, there are plenty of those to go around too.

Coming down hard on Arella Mae for not showing appropriate disgust in her leaders is about as effective as OBill trying to beat his point into Hawkeye and the other Bill on the rape thread.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 02:47 pm
@JTT,
I am not getting into this with you ever again. I have made my position quite clear and yet you don't wish to accept it.

Oh, and that's not an excuse. That's my decision.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 02:51 pm
@JPB,
Exactly!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 04:18 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
He wants you to shout it from the rooftops!

JPB, you are much more honest than this. I don't want anyone to "shout it from the rooftops". I'd love to see the hypocrisy stop, or at least be kept to a reasonable level.

Quote:
He doesn't understand why Americans don't look at themselves with disgust.

I don't believe that Americans should look upon themselves with disgust. Americans, by and large, haven't perpetrated this evil. There are many veterans who speak out against these evils. They speak the truth and yet they are demonized, shunned. What does that say about those who are silent?

But why, oh why, is it unreasonable to expect Americans to expect out of their leaders the very things they expect out of themselves and others?

Quote:
We both agreed that he had a valid point; we just wished he'd find a different way of presenting it, particularly since the one he has is so ineffective.

It has gotten you to do some research, JPB. It has gotten you and Dys to talking. Smile

But this, in itself, is kinda telling; facts aren't enough for Americans to sit up and take notice?

Quote:
That doesn't mean I'm going to go around screaming, "War Crimes" and "Criminals" from the yardarms.

No, of course not. There's no need to do that. Write your elected representatives. Tell them of these facts that they, themselves, have gone over numerous times and ended up whitewashing.

Why let them whitewash such evil? Why let them go on shouting from every position on high, just what a savior of the oppressed the US is when it is categorically false?

Quote:
There are international courts that we choose to ignore. We're the bullies on the playground that have impacted the world and the lives and livelihoods of the people in it.

Good for you, JPB. No shouting necessary.

Quote:
It's not something that I live with lightly, as you seem to think all Americans do.

That is a meme that has oft been used to describe me, but it isn't true.

Quote:
OTOH, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't also acknowledge that my life is what it is because I have the luxury of being an American.

I don't get at all what could make you a hypocrite in the scenario you describe.

You have the life you have from working hard, being sensible and careful, respecting the morals you were taught growing up. Your life didn't come from stealing from and killing your neighbors.

There are many countries on the planet where people have full lives and it doesn't come at the deep expense of others. Why does the US need to steal wealth in order to make itself wealthy.

Why does the US have to kill others/arrange for others to be killed, ruin others lives, rape and torture, wreck other countries in order to make itself wealthy.

There is something so deeply immoral about that.

Distance yourself from me and the message however you want. I'm not seeking a bunch of followers.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:41 am
@JTT,
David wrote:
JTT wrote:
You're doing it again, Dave.
Yes, J: I am resorting to LOGIC,
as represented in simple arithmetic.
Your posts have shown that u deem use of logic to be unfair,
(especially SIMPLE logic) but I will not stop it.

JTT wrote:
Using the same old inane analogy that you've used numerous times
that has no bearing on any of the issues we have discussed.
U can accuse arithmetic of being "inane" if u wish,
but it changes nothing.

David wrote:
JTT wrote:
Your lack of posts on the very issues that you have mistakenly suggested are issues of logic illustrate just how out to lunch you are.
Don 't panic; I'll get to it eventually. U already admitted that u don 't especially care much about it. I can find it n quote that, if u wish,
when I get around to addressing those posts.

JTT wrote:
I tried to show you
I'm willing to admit
that u TRIED (but failed).

JTT wrote:
how your logic on 'data' was so amiss that a child would understand but you would have none of it.
I reject error.

JTT wrote:
You talked around the issue, you were never willing to address it head on because you knew you were out to lunch.

That illustrates your dishonesty.
If u wish, u can ask it again,
perhaps with better results; who knows?

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:55 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
He's not wrong. Or, not wholly wrong, at least.

No, not totally wrong, just mostly wrong. Like that horseshit about the United States having illegally invaded a sovereign nation in the case of Vietnam. This creature is so eaten up, so obsessed with its hatred of the United States and all things American that it is lead to wild and specious claims which make it a fool in the eyes of reasonable people, who are not deluded about the role of the United States in world history. More than anyone at this site, i've catalogued the excesses (what this creature often refers to as crimes) of the Untied States. The creature JTT doesn't know a tenth part of the story. But it also gets so wild, hysterical and accusatory that reasonable people quickly lose interest in its bullshit, and no longer pay any attention. It has made itself so odious that its lost any opportunity to convince anyone other than other of its fellow inhabitants to the lunatic fringe. For example, when it is demonstrably ignorant, when it doesn't even know enough history to make the most plausible arguments for its case, and when it refers to me as a war criminal because i served in the United States Army, why should i waste my time with it? It has made itself into Chicken Little, and hasn't even the excuse of having had an acorn fall on its head.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 05:50 am
@JTT,
Quote:
He wants you to shout it from the rooftops!

JTT wrote:
JPB, you are much more honest than this.
I don't want anyone to "shout it from the rooftops".
I'd love to see the hypocrisy stop, or at least be kept to a reasonable level.
FOR THE RECORD: As a natural born American citizen:
I fully endorse and adopt American foreign policy in Iraq
and in Afganistan (tho I now believe that our mission in Iraq
to remove Saddam n sons has been successfully completed).
We shoud cheer and exult! HOOORRAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

We shoud also take reparations of war
from Iraq's oil revenues. We shoud calculate how much money
it cost us to wage this war and then charge it to Iraq 's oil revenues,
with a reasonable delivery charge, e.g. 1OO%.

David
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 01:07 pm
@Setanta,
It's getting awfully difficult to tell your posts from OmSig's posts, Setanta.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 01:38 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:

Global Rogue State

The opinion of the biggest is always the best

By Edward S. Herman

In the case of the Vietnam War, the global rogue was able to ignore the 1954 Geneva Accords, place a puppet in power in South Vietnam, invade and bomb all of Indochina, killing as many as four million people over two decades, without the slightest interference from the UN or World Court.

Far more gross has been the U.S. use of food warfare and trade/investment boycotts against political targets like Vietnam, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Nicaragua, and other states that cross it. These boycotts have caused serious hunger, disease, and death in the victim countries, although it is often hard to separate the effects of food warfare from those of U.S. direct and proxy military operations.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Terrorism/Global_Rogue.html

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 01:42 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
More than anyone at this site, i've catalogued the excesses of the Untied States.

What a truly laughable notion, Setanta. Sure boy, you're the noted "pathfinder". "excesses" - can you say 'euphemism'?

Your typo, Untied States, reveals more than you, a captive of the huge propaganda stream fed to US citizens, and the world, will ever know.

Could you point out some of the threads where you've whitewashed, er, "catalogued" the "excesses" of the Untied States?

Quote:
Sideshow

Kissinger, Nixon and the Destruction of Cambodia

by William Shawcross

Simon and Schuster, 1979

The Outrage

p150

COSVN was never discovered. The American troops plowed past its supposed site in the Fish Hook and through the plantations and villages beyond. Commanders were astonished by the lack of opposition as their tanks smashed jagged swathes through the trees and as landing zones for helicopters were blasted clear. Communist troops were hardly to be seen.

The small town of Snuol became the first of scores of Cambodian towns to be destroyed by the war. Until the second squadron of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment arrived at its outskirts on May 3, about two thousand people had lived quietly there, tapping rubber on the trees around. When the cavalry came under fire, their commander, Lieutenant Colonel Grail Brookshire, ordered his tank crews to fire their 90-mm. guns straight into the town and called in airstrikes to discourage further resistance. After twenty-four hours of bombardment, Brookshire judged Snuol safe for his men, and the tanks moved into the center. Only seven bodies could be seen, four of them Cambodian civilians. A small girl lay near the ruins of shops. When Brookshire was asked by reporters why the town had to be destroyed, he replied "We had no choice. We had to take it. This was a hub of North Vietnamese activity."

As they drove past shattered shops soldiers leaped off their tanks to kick down doors that still stood, and they looted the town. Grail Brookshire later recalled the event, laughingly describing himself as "The Butcher of Snuol." But he admonished a reporter, "You guys said my men systematically looted the town. My God, my men couldn't do anything that was systematic."

The destruction of Snuol was repeated in Mimot, a much larger plantation town, the village of Sre Khtum, and dozens of villages and hamlets. The annual monsoon rains turned the red clay to clinging mud, but American and South Vietnamese troops advanced, firing and burning whatever might be of use to a returning enemy, capturing caches of rice, ammunition and arms, driving the residents, Vietnamese and Cambodian, before them. The Americans found it almost impossible to separate friend from foe, and the South Vietnamese made no effort to do so. They plunged into Cambodia raping, looting, burning in retaliation for the murder of Vietnamese in Cambodia the month before. Their behavior persuaded many of those Vietnamese who still lived there that it would not be wise of them to stay, and during the first two weeks of the invasion about fifty thousand of them fled, to sit listlessly under tents in the overcrowded refugee camps of South Vietnam. "We cannot possibly accommodate them," said South Vietnam's Minister for Refugees. Soon the numbers had doubled.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Kissinger/Outrage_Sideshow.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:47 pm
@JTT,
What you love to do is take over threads that are not about the actions of the u.s. in the world, any way you can wedge in the evil that is the u.s. All the time, repetitively. They are not digressions, or asides: they are takeaways. As you know, I also agree with you sometimes or see how you get to your views, but you are an issue bully reveling in being a lone voice, the disturber. Not effective, just annoying. Your inchoate rage defuses your words.
JTT

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you, Osso. Might I note that you are doing what pretty much every American reflexively does - anything to avoid having to confront the truth.

Quote:
Incredibly, Henry Kissinger—the man who rivals Pol Pot for the dubious honor of being the person responsible for the death of the largest number of innocent people in South East Asia (and far surpasses Pol Pot in criminality when one factors in Kissinger's various levels of responsibility for wholesale slaughter and repression in other parts of the world)—still wields significant power in the United States; but his role as eager facilitator of mass murder, totalitarian repression and other atrocities is never discussed in polite society.

Henry Kissinger is only one among the tens of thousands of arch war criminals, terrorists, torturers, rapist, murderers that live and walk freely in the US and you have the temerity to judge me because I make suggestions that these villains be brought to justice.

Pretty damn lame, Osso, but you're only following the example of many of your countryfolk.

Look at how this started out, Osso. Two Americans squared off in another point the finger at an evil foreigner completely ignoring the overwhelming levels of proudly made right in the US of A evil.

That stunning level of hypocrisy doesn't warrant a free pass in my opinion.

Perhaps you have some rationale explanation as to why these " eager [American]facilitator[s] of mass murder, totalitarian repression and other atrocities [are] never discussed in polite society".

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:19 pm
@JTT,
I confronted truth before you did, pipsqueak. You dare to lecture me? to inform me? to say I follow examples of my countryfolk? You don't know anything about me.

You invade this thread about the Russian Orthodox Church with your diatribes. Talk about not respecting boundaries.

I do hope Arella stays.

JTT

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Earth to Space Cadet Ossobucco, come in please.

Look at how this thread started out, Osso. Two Americans squared off in another point the finger at an evil foreigner completely ignoring the overwhelming levels of proudly made right in the US of A evil.

Quote:
I confronted truth before you did, pipsqueak.

Sorry, but I seem to have missed those, Osso.