Arella Mae

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 07:48 pm
@JTT,
That wasn't an excuse. It was a rather humorous yet a bit sarcastic remark about the fact no matter what others talk about you somehow get your evil Americans statements in there.

Let me explain something to you JTT. A Christian is not supposed to speak against their leaders. They are supposed to pray for them. This does not preclude me from believing ANYONE that commits a crime, don't care who he or she is, needs to be prosecuted.
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Roman Catholics would recognize the Orthodox Catholic liturgies fairly easily and , with the eception of the several dozen other Books of the Orthodox "Gospels", the "Veneration" of Mary (rather than adoration) and the fact that Orthodox Priests and Deacons can marry(celibacy was only for Bishops and Patriarchs).I had a really comfy childhood religiously when I heard the stories from both sides of the religious aisle in our family (We also derived from Jews who thought that conversion to Russian Orthodoxy when the Czar suggested it, definately had some positive points going for it 'Uncle Stash always hollererd out that our family "Got with the Pogrom real easy").
The ORthodx Catholic religions were never addressed as "non CAtholics" (A derisive term reserved for all other Christian sects). the Orthodox CAtholics were always referred to as "Seperated Bretheren".

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
A Christian is not supposed to speak against their leaders.

Another excuse, Arella.

Putin is a leader, as was Hitler, as was Reagan.

But what's the difference between a leader who is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths or a couple million and a guy who is responsible for one. That one little guy can sure get the treatment around here by the sanctimonious crowd but a Reagan, responsible for the torture and murder of tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children gets a pass because Christians aren't supposed to hold him accountable to the same rule of law as anyone else.

I'd like to be shown that particular commandment, if you wouldn't mind diggin' it up.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:08 pm
@JTT,
Okay, now you have crossed a line with me. How dare you say my adhering to scripture is an excuse.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
Let's focus, Arella. You say that you are adhering to scripture. What scripture would that be?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:52 pm
Quote:
Acts 23:5 - 5Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:1-2 - Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

Putin is NOT the ruler of my people (the U.S.). I have nothing else to say to you.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 06:11 pm
@Arella Mae,
"Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people."

There is a vast difference between speaking evil of them and speaking to the evil/the crimes they have committed.

You know that that is just an excuse, Arella because Christians all over the US speak to the crimes/evil that all manner of rulers commit. I'm sure that the vast majority of prosecutors would call themselves Christian, but that wouldn't stop them from speaking to their crimes.

You yourself have stated that these people, no matter who they are, ruler or not, must be held accountable for their crimes. If you follow the law in an evenhanded fashion, there's no sense of evil directed against someone who has committed a crime. There is simply fair and just retribution.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 06:14 pm
@JTT,
Let me say this a bit slower for you. I don't want to talk to you.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 06:18 pm
@Arella Mae,
That's another excuse, Arella, so you don't have to face uncomfortable truths about your presidents.

Is it Christian to your mind to let them murder innocents of poor countries and pillage their wealth?
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 06:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT you crossed a line with me. All you care about is what YOU want to talk about and you don't care about anyone else. I have told you over and over again that if ANYONE commits a crime then they should be prosecuted but that is not good enough for you. You want me to join you in your obvious obsession and I will not do it and I told you why.

You have called me a liar for the last time because everytime you tell me it's an excuse that is what you are doing. I am sick and tired of liking people on A2K only to have them turn on you like a pit viper when you disagree with them.

I am sending Robert an email asking him to delete. me.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 06:37 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella, I understand your reluctance to come out and state the obvious. You're hardly the only one.

It's tough coming to grips with the evil that has been perpetrated by successive US governments and it will never end if honest people like you don't speak out. But it's the very antithesis of what the US is supposed to be.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 06:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I am sending Robert an email asking him to delete. me.

I don't get this.

Just put JTT on ignore and don't talk to him if you don't want to talk to him. Or, if you need to take a break from A2K then take a break from A2K. Why would you want to be deleted? (I don't think they delete anyone anyway...)
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 07:12 pm
@JPB,
With all due respect to Arella, a fine lady, it simply just plays better in Peoria.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 08:58 pm
Jensen: Do you think most Americans would agree that U.S. foreign policy has been "a disaster"?

Clark: Sadly, I think most Americans don't have an opinion about our foreign policy. Worse than that, when they do think about it, it's in terms of the demonization of enemies and the exaltation of our capacity for violence.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 09:28 pm
I was really leaning to he's a bad guy trying to look like a nice guy and I think you confirmed that.

Quote:
Colin Powell seems to be a compelling figure, but when he was asked during the Gulf War how many Iraqis he thought the United States had killed, his response was — and this is a direct quote — "Frankly, that's a number that doesn't interest me very much."

Now, aside from international law, which requires that all participants in war count their enemy dead, that is an extraordinarily inhumane statement. And then you see a fellow like General Barry McCaffrey, whom Clinton later named as his drug czar, coming in and attacking defenseless Iraqi troops as they withdrew, killing several thousand people just like that. [Snaps his finger.] That's a war crime of the first magnitude. And yet these men are rewarded; they're seen as heroes.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:19 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
I was really leaning to he's a bad guy trying to look like a nice guy and I think you confirmed that.

Quote:
Colin Powell seems to be a compelling figure, but when he was asked during the Gulf War how many Iraqis he thought the United States had killed,
his response was — and this is a direct quote — "Frankly, that's a number that doesn't interest me very much."

Now, aside from international law, which requires that all participants in war count their enemy dead,
Point of Information, please:
WHICH international law is it that "requires" that??

Quote:
that is an extraordinarily inhumane statement. And then you see a fellow like General Barry McCaffrey, whom Clinton later named as his drug czar, coming in and attacking defenseless Iraqi troops as they withdrew, killing several thousand people just like that.
[Snaps his finger.] That's a war crime of the first magnitude.
WHICH law did it violate??? HOW do u know that it is a "war crime"??????
Soldiers r supposed to kill enemy soldiers. Explain the alleged problem?????

David

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Every once in a while, David, I give you a "thumbs up" instead of heaving a great sigh of disgust. Well said.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:31 am
@Lustig Andrei,
If there were such a law,
I wonder how a warship
or a fleet of Air Force bombers woud comply with it ?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yah, and can't you just picture stopping in the middle of an advance (or retreat, for that matter) to count the enemy dead?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 11:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Please don't leave, Arella Mae. You're needed here. A2K would be poorer without you.
0 Replies