PEOPLE WHO SERVE A "HIGHER" CAUSE: YOU ARE HYPOCRITES FOR YOUR BELIEFS.

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:45 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

the thing that baffles me about these people is that they think that what they do, what end they work towards is what they consider "best" for that cause.
(the crusades did terrible things, as well)

You seem to be another one that lumps everyone together. I have never killed anyone. I don't torture people. I don't steal, etc., etc. But because I am a believer I (and every other believer) MUST be the same as those claiming to be believers but committed atrocities, right? I am saying me here but it's not like I think I'm persecuted. I am just stating facts from my experience.

I find it so odd that when told that is not the way "this believer or that believer is" you don't accept it. I think you WANT to believe we are what you want us to be. You is in general here.

Let me ask you something, who is the government to tell "US" (you, me, anyone) what we should and should not do? Who makes the laws dictating what we should do and do not do?

Anyone with a belief is going to have faith the belief is correct. It wouldn't be a belief otherwise. I don't lump all non-believers together. I don't hold every non-believer responsible for what some other non-believer did in the past.

So, if you ask me, it seems you are the hypocrite. Ya want tolerance for you but not for anyone that doesn't believe like you. That is strictly my opinion, of course.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:38 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I would think they are in the minority of people who feel they are serving a higer cause, but whether or not they are isn't very important.

I'm still trying to figure out how serving a higher cause in the sense hamilton seems to be suggesting, leads to a judgment of hypocrisy.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
...well of course...I was just saying I could see the reason of his confusion...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 05:40 pm
@hamilton,
Quote:
PEOPLE WHO SERVE A "HIGHER" CAUSE: YOU ARE HYPOCRITES FOR YOUR BELIEFS.

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by higher cause!

Do you include yourself in this as well? Do you find yourself trying to share your thoughts with others that are younger than you? What about a 5 year old child that is acting out in a way that you think is harmful to him or her?

Just because you think that you understand the way that a five year old should see things who are YOU to understand it, or decide how to bring about it?

These are your questions but I am asking that you consider your own questions with you at the center of attraction, the only thing I added was you and a five year old child!
hamilton

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
hmm...
well, i hadnt thought of that...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 12:44 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Let me ask you something, who is the government to tell "US" (you, me, anyone) what we should and should not do? Who makes the laws dictating what we should do and do not do?

I would think the people that make the laws would be me and you because we vote on some of them!
I am not blaming religion but I would like to point out that what ever your culture believes {religion} most likely will reflect your laws!
An example would be if your religion believes that a woman should have no right to vote it would be probable that woman will not be voting! If gays should not be married then gays will not be allowed to marry and so on.

Quote:
So, if you ask me, it seems you are the hypocrite. Ya want tolerance for you but not for anyone that doesn't believe like you. That is strictly my opinion, of course.

Would you also include in to this hypocrisy people that do not want woman to vote and do not want gays to marry?

Quote:
Ya want tolerance for you but not for anyone that doesn't believe like you.

I do like this quote of yours and wonder if it applies to all of us in one way or another.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 09:52 pm
@hamilton,
So, what the f*ck do y0u mean?

Stop dicking around.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You been hitting the jug tonight, Finn? You're awfully hostile on a number of threads. What's up with talking that way to someone who's obviously an adolescent?
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 08:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was just thinking about people who think that they're helping their cause, like humanity, god, earth, so on. but i also wanted to know what made them so sure that they were actually helping. this may be a bad comparison, but Hitler thought he knew what was best for germany, did what he set out to do (sort of) and then fucked EVERYTHING up for his country. i just want to know, what makes their opinion the right one for their cause according to them.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 09:23 am
@hamilton,
It seems that the problems begin when we start believing and having faith in things that we have little understanding about.

I think that the best we can do is understand as much as we can about something and not believe in things that we do not understand

It is hard to let go of beliefs because we seem to have emotional attachments to them but with understandings we can be open minded to new facts that might change our understandings.

When you choose faith over reason you can believe just about anything that your culture believes

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:01 pm
This is a point of view that might differ from yours but it is an educated point of view!

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So, what the f*ck do y0u mean?

Stop dicking around.

Hamilton is a teenage lad, asking the sort of questions a teenage lad would ask. There's no need to be such a rude man. Were you never young, or has the sudden onset of drooling senility pushed you into a second (or third) childhood?
It's gratifying to see that a thirteen year old can still make you look like an idiot.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
you remember the old geezer down the block with the droopy drawers and the walking stick, don't you.

yelled at all the passing teenagers as the drove by. damn kids...

finn's that guy...
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you. I respect finn dAbuzz, and i took no offense from his post. Its understandable that i was unclear in what i said.

btw, well, i'm not exactly 13, but thats alright.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:53 pm
@hamilton,
13 1/2 is not exactly 13 but it is close, Just kidding! I do not know how old you are, I was thinking much older but I am bad at guessing!
hamilton

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
lol. hey, i'm glad that as a teenager i sound like an adult/older than a teenager.
ossobuco once said she had thought i was about 28 (or something around that). Im pleased to sound mature...
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:59 pm
@hamilton,
In your Vancouver post you said you were going into High School, that's why I thought you were thirteen, sorry if I ruffled your feathers.
hamilton

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 03:01 pm
@izzythepush,
nah, im not upset. but 13 is like, sixth grade.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 03:26 pm
@hamilton,
That would be Yr 8/9 over here. Yr 9 would be when yopu start high school, if you live in an area that has high schools, and not standard secondary schools.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 03:56 pm
@hamilton,
Nooooo hamilton. 13, is like 8th grade. Razz

But I'm 13. I'll be 14 in May and I'm in 10th grade. A sophomore in high school. Mr. Green
How old are you? Did you skip grades too? Very Happy