Help I've just been in an Earthquake

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 09:07 pm
We didn't feel a thing in Texas, but then Rick Perry was standing on the NE border with his arms crossed and a look of determination on his face.

Been to California many times, but never experienced an earthquake (at least not to my knowledge), however based on some of the personal accounts I've heard concenrning this one, I'm betting that a few of the past episodes wherein I thought I might be having a flashback or a stroke, just might have been the result of tectonic plate shifting.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 09:15 pm
No, I'm sorry, the earth didn't move for me, you'll have to try harder next time.

I was about a quarter mile from Littlek in Kendall Square in Cambridge, and no one in my office felt anything. We found out about it happening from somebody who was goofing off online, which as we all know trumps personal experience these days.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 11:13 pm
1:08 am. Strong aftershock.
This continuing series of them is not going to be good for our mental health.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 03:37 am
Sorry, but I have to post this..

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/USearthquake.jpg
roger

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 04:40 am
@FBM,
Took me a minute, but yeah. . . .
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 04:47 am
@roger,

http://belieber.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/2011-va-earthquake-we-will-rebuild-east-coast-damage.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:44 am
@Region Philbis,
Just as funny and with much less of a chance that someone could be offended.

I'm not offended by the other one, but I winced a bit when I saw it.
FBM

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I didn't make it, of course, but I think it was made to make people wince a bit...and think a bit...about the grand scale of things when it comes to suffering a natural disaster. Like people in Bangladesh who are already living in grass huts and are hit by a cyclone/tsunami, etc, etc, blah, blah. Like that...Kind of a bleeding heart thing, I think. Anyway, I didn't make the image. I just chuckled at it.
0 Replies