Are we friends?!

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:47 pm
Let's be friends!
Tag a friend!
Who are your bestfriends or friends here? And why? How long have ya known each other?

I'm not really friends with anyone here because everybody's a grown up but I really like everybody I follow and:

Izzie, IzzieThePush, Reyn, aidan, hamilton, George, chai2, Linkat, ossobucco, Roberta,CalamityJane, Butterflynet and Dutchy! And a bunch if people that I 4got to add! Because there really nice and/or funny, so if your nice and funny your probably on my list too.

GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:50 pm
@GracieGirl,
and I have a tiny itsy bitsy crush on Hamilton because he's alot of fun and silly and makes me laugh. Very Happy Laughing Embarrassed
chai2

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 05:56 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

and I have a tiny itsy bitsy crush on Hamilton because he's alot of fun and silly and makes me laugh. Very Happy Laughing Embarrassed

psst...I think I figured that out. Cool

Although I've met a number of people in person (tai chi, Izzie, boomerang, cicerone imposter....and I'll be meeting mame in October) There's one person that lives in the same city I do, and I consider her a friend. That would be shewolfnm.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 06:36 pm
@chai2,
Really?! Haha! Oh Noooo... Embarrassed Laughing

Cool, you've met all those people?! I kinda thought that was against the rules here. Some people nag me just for telling stuff about myself. They'd have a heartattack if I tried to meet people. Lol.

Oh! Mame and Eva are my favorites too! How could I forget them! Very Happy
chai2

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 06:49 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Cool, you've met all those people?! I kinda thought that was against the rules here.

Laughing shhhh....don't tell anyone. the A2K police might be listening.

No, it's not "against the rules" Some people here are even married to each other.
(so you never know, you and hamilton, huh?)

A gentleman who passed away not too long ago, dyslexia, met the love of his life, Diane, through A2k.

There's people here who have met many more than I have, but I'd say most people haven't meet anyone else face to face.

Just because you've met people here, doesn't mean you tell everybody everything.

Getting back to the "are we friends thing", that's a word I've always held in reserve...friend.

Nowadays, it seems to mean anyone you've said 2 words to. I hear people, younger people especially, say things like "this friend of mine...." when they're not friends at all. Just someone you know.

I think the word "aquaintance" should come back into style.
djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 06:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I think the word "aquaintance" should come back into style.

agreed, i have maybe two true real life friends, the rest of the folks in my life are acquaintances

Reyn

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:14 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i have maybe two true real life friends ...

That's two more than I have. Wink

But, that's okay. I'm a recluse anyways.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:21 pm
@Reyn,
You need to move to Albuquerque, Reyn.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
shhhh....don't tell anyone. the A2K police might be listening.

No, it's not "against the rules" Some people here are even married to each other.
(so you never know, you and hamilton, huh?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Laughing Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Mr. Green

Aww! He met his wife here? Thats soo romantic!

And I guess your right about the friend thing. Can you be my acquaintance? LoL Mr. Green
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
@chai2,
I've met some people here that I consider to be my friends.

Dyslexia was far and away one of the most interesting people I've ever met. and an awesome friend...

(and dj keeps sending back my application to be his third friend. damn canadian mail system...)
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
@Reyn,
I'll be your friend Reyn! we can be a2k-BFF's! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

What do ya say? Question
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:36 pm
@GracieGirl,
JTT is another one of my favorites! Mr. Green
I really wish I could edit my first post.... There's tons of people I forgot Mad
Eva

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 09:17 pm
@GracieGirl,
Oh! And some of us came to A2K because of a friend! Me, for instance. I know Joe Nation in real life, and he suggested I check out this site years ago.

I'm a little picky about who I consider a "friend," too. I think Facebook has changed the meaning of that word. People use it very casually now.

I'm generally friendly with most folks, but a true friend is someone special. Cool
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 09:26 pm
Hi Gracie,

yes, some of us are friends and most of us like you, Gracie! You're just darling, but remember what we've said previously- because of your age and
because of this being a mainly adult forum, you have to be careful with your
information and whom you trust and call a friend. We're just looking out for you, especially since some of us have daughters that are either younger or a bit older than you.

Having said that, I probably won't be friends with you, but I will watch over you like a second mother. How about that?

GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 09:42 pm
@Eva,
Hi Eva!

Yea, I kinda call everybody my friend and I call true friends 'bestfriends'. Its totally facebooks fault! Haha! Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 09:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
Hi Calamity Jane!! Very Happy

Your soo nice! Most people here like me?! That's awesome!! I love a2k because everybody here is soo nice and really sweet to me! Thanks guys! Very Happy

And, I know I complain a lot about how protective you guys are (even jokingly) I really do appreciate it. I'm just not use to it I guess. Sometimes I don't really know I'm saying too mcuh until you guys tell me, so thanks and I mean it. Smile

I kinda figured we couldn't be friends (sigh). We wouldn't have anything to talk about, at least not anything fun. You probably don't watch Disney Channel or read Sarah Dessen books huh?

But having you as a second mother? Hmmm...

Yea,I think that would be pretty great! Very Happy Wink Smile Very Happy

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:15 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
Dyslexia was far and away one of the most interesting people I've ever met.

I don't know you two's history but I doubt Dys picked you as his protege. From the little I know of you, from what I've seen of you here at A2K, you seem like you went back to the lineup where they was handing out straight up smarts at least a couple times more than your fair share, Rockhead.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:58 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

You probably don't watch Disney Channel or read Sarah Dessen books huh?

I used to watch Disney with my daughter, but now that she's almost (sweet) 16, she doesn't watch it too often. She still loves to watch Sponge Bob and Chowder + Shnitzel though... I don't know Sarah Desson,
and I never got into the Twilight series either, or Harry Potter. I do prefer
more mature books and since I am German, I like to read books written in
German too.

Tell me, since you're living in California (I am in southern California) are you learning Spanish in school?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:08 pm
@JTT,
I dunno 'bout any of that, but Bob and I both kinda raised ourselves from an early age.

he and I had more in common than folks would think at first glance.

and we're both shitheads ...
wayne

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 12:01 am
@GracieGirl,
I agree with what some others have stated, that friends don't get that label lightly. I have a few people I consider friends, and a lot of acquaintances.

Other than that, I consider you an enjoyable online companion, which means I like you.
I think that as people grow older their use of the word friend carries a different meaning than it did in their youth. I think it's the mileage.