Are we friends?!

JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:57 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
Yea,your right. They don't really talk to me in Spanish but I'll ask my friend Jackie to start.

Don't just ask her to talk to you in Spanish, Gracie. Ask her to talk to you like you would talk to a baby. You'd never ask a baby to "get the ball" if you didn't throw a ball for the baby to get.

Remember this important feature of language - Babies learn language because when we speak to them, there is usually a rich context for that bit of language being used. If your friends do this, you could be speaking Spanish in a very short time.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 09:08 pm
@JTT,
Oh! I never thought of it like that. Yeah, it'll be weird asking her to talk to me like a baby but I'll explain to her what I mean. LoL. That could be fun! Smile
Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
@GracieGirl,
Love your new avatar, Gracie! Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
@Reyn,
Thanks! Im the one riding piggy back! Haha! My friend Natalie is the one holding me! Im staying with her for the week til my dad comes home. She's awesome. One of my older friends Very Happy
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 06:16 am
chai2 wrote:
A gentleman who passed away not too long ago, dyslexia, met the love of his life, Diane, through A2k.
I am so sorry to read this and my heart goes out to Lady Diane. Dyslexia was always so nice and respected.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 10:57 am
Hiya Gracie, Thanks for including me on your list. Many of the friends I have now I met on a2k. I too don't think of everyone I know as a friend. But there are a bunch I do.

I was very sick for a very long time. Many of my old friends dumped me. The people here helped me and supported me through some very difficult times. I don't know what I would have done without them.

BTW, I majored in English. I studied Spanish as a language requirement and French and Italian for fun. The best way to learn a language is to speak it and to listen to it.

Another BTW, I call people I like "kid." (Something my father did.) I've been reluctant to call you kid because someone your age might not like it. Now you'll understand if it slips out.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:39 pm
@Roberta,
Hi Roberta! You're welcome! I really really like you. You're one of my favorites! Very Happy

I'm sorry you were sick and I'm glad you're better. Friends can be real jerks sometimes. Atleast you got rid of those jerks and made some new friends here at a2k! Very Happy I know since your a grown up you probably don't see me as a friend but I think you're one of mine. Mr. Green

And, Oh gosh! You know all those languages?! You ARE a freaking genius! Haha! I live in Cali so I have tons of Spanish friends. I'm trying to learn too. I hated Spanish class so I just did what I could to pass and then forgot it all but now I really wanna learn.

And I don't mind if you call me kid. I like it! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 05:56 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

No way!! Why?! He's soooo cute! And he seems really sweet and he has a great voice! He'd be the perfect boyfriend.! Did you see Never Say Never?
This is regarding J. Bieber. I think Russell Howard said it best.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 08:59 pm
@izzythepush,
NOO! That guy sucks! Justin Bieber makes life AWESOME! I cant imagine him not being born! HAHAHAHA! Mr. Green Mr. Green Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Razz
izzythepush

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 03:54 am
@GracieGirl,
Russell Howard is brilliant. He is very funny, and will still be very funny in twenty years time. Justin Bieber is someone you'll be embarrassed about liking in ten years time.
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 09:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Will not! Justin Bieber's awesome and sweet Izzy. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Razz Wink
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 01:24 am
@GracieGirl,
If we're both still on A2K in 10 years time I will hold you to that. If you still like JB I will be incredulous.
GracieGirl

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 08:51 pm
@izzythepush,
It's a deal! Very Happy
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 09:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If you still like JB I will be incredulous.

And Izzy will supply tickets to a JB concert, flights, hotels and meals. If you haven't gotten over your fear of flying, he'll rent you a motorhome to drive to the concert.
GracieGirl

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 09:07 pm
@JTT,
Hahaha!! That sounds awesome!! Awww, do we have to wait 10 years? Laughing
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 09:57 pm
@wayne,
Hey there Gracie, not on here much any more but still consider a lot of people here my friends. I have had the honor to meet more than a few in person.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:25 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

And Izzy will supply tickets to a JB concert, flights, hotels and meals.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2085083_f260.jpg

0 Replies