@Rockhead,
Quote:
and we're both shitheads ...

Can't argue with you there. Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 11:08 am
@GracieGirl,
Thank you for including me in your list of people who are nice/funny. I've only met one person on A2K face to face, and that's my daughter, the subliminal kid, I don't think we met on A2K though. What I do remember was that when she was your age she liked the Disney Channel as well. I'm so glad she's not your age any longer. She used to watch a programme called, 'That's so Raven.' Now I know what Hell is like.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 05:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Welcome! Mr. Green You have the best commercials ever!!! Mr. Green Laughing

You dont like That's So Raven?!?! I LOVE it! It comes on tv on the weekend sometimes on a channel called 'abckids'. And they're clips on youtube. I use to watch alot when I was about 10 with my sister and cousins. It stopped coming on Disney Channel. If they have That's So Raven in Hell, Im sooo there!!

(Just kidding) Ha! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:32 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
JTT is another one of my favorites! Mr. Green

Shocked

GracieGirl wrote:
We wouldn't have anything to talk about, at least not anything fun. You probably don't watch Disney Channel ...

Are you kidding? I'm watching Disney Channel right now ... Wizards!
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:37 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico, how old are your boys now?
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:38 pm
@CalamityJane,
13 and 11.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:56 pm
@Ticomaya,
HaHa!! I LOVE Wizards of Waverly Place!

Selena is soo pretty and she's dating Justin Bieber!! I love them!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:05 pm
@GracieGirl,
Nononononono ... we don't like Bieber in this house.

In fact, uttering his name will cause my boys to go into near convulsions.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:09 pm
@Ticomaya,
Oh, look, finally Tico and I agree!
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
@Ticomaya,
No way!! Why?! He's soooo cute! And he seems really sweet and he has a great voice! He'd be the perfect boyfriend.! Did you see Never Say Never?
sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yep, sozlet too.

There are some interesting facial expressions involved as well. Think Bill the Cat.

She doesn't hate Selena Gomez though. (Her music I mean.) She was singing "Love Song" or whatever it's called the other day, and insisted it was pretty good. (She's usually allergic to Disney girly pop stuff.)
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:41 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Tell me, since you're living in California (I am in southern California) are you learning Spanish in school?

Yea, I took Spanish I last year and Im taking Spanish II next semester. Im not really looking forward to it.
JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:49 pm
@GracieGirl,
You'd love Spanish if that's what they were actually teaching you, Gracie. Likely, what they're attempting to teach is Spanish grammar.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:53 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yeah, that's what my daughter said too......she doesn't like it too much,
but she also has to learn German and goes to school on Saturdays for that.

One day, you will be glad that you did learn Spanish, Gracie, you certainly
can use it here in California.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:02 pm
@JTT,
Yea, either way it's really hard for me. It's really confusing and boring. Too many rules and words to memorize.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:09 pm
@CalamityJane,
She goes to school on SATURDAY?! Oh gosh! Why does she have to learn German? That's gotta be tough. Id probably rip my hair out! Lol

Yea, I have Spanish friends so they always help me out with homework and everything. And um, thanks to them I know a few bad words. Embarrassed But I still don't get Spanish. Last year I barely passed Spanish I. I was upset because I usually make all A's and that Spanish grade brought my GPA down. My dad wasn't happy.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:21 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yeah, it's only 3 hours on Saturdays and she has to learn German because I am German and we go every year in the summer to Germany so she can talk
to her grandparents and other people there. Plus she can study there a year if she chooses to do so.

Talk more to your friends in Spanish, Gracie - the more you use a language the more you'll gain vocabulary and enjoy talking to them in Spanish.
JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
Too many rules and words to memorize.

Remember what Thomas told you. You don't learn a language by memorizing words and learning grammar rules. That's what you do to learn ABOUT a language.

Actually, when languages are "taught" properly, they are really quite easy to learn. Little kids, three and four years old become functional in a new language after just a few months and they don't [consciously] learn any rules or memorize any words.

How are language "taught" properly? By confining the use to actual contextually rich situations. Then the learning multiples. The portion of the brain that guides us in "ingesting" and making sense of grammar goes to work without any conscious effort by the learner.

It's our internal mental grammars that know and understand grammar. If it didn't, we would have to sit and puzzle over what structure to choose for any given situation. That doesn't happen. Language flows from our mouths with no thought given to the grammar structures applicable to what we want to say.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
Oh! You're from Germany?! That's really cool! I wish I could visit places like Germany. I'm afraid of flying though. My grandparents live in Canada and I visit them every summer and I always cry on the planes because I don't like flying without my dad. Haha! Smile

Yea,your right. They don't really talk to me in Spanish but I'll ask my friend Jackie to start. My friends that are Spanish call me gringa or something like that. I know I'm saying and spelling it wrong but it means 'white girl'. LoL Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:50 pm
@JTT,
Yeah, you know alot about language and stuff. Are you a linguistic? My Spanish teacher was. She knew FIVE languages. English, Spanish, Italian, German, and French!
0 Replies