What's the best thing you ever put in your mouth?

FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:25 am
Tough not to say chocolate or portions of the opposite gender, but food-wise, I'm going with fried catfish.

Until I can think of something better, that is...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 6,874 • Replies: 88

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:29 am
@FBM,
lobster
FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:34 am
@Linkat,
Ah. You reminded me of crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/mudbugs. Cool
Questioner

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:35 am
@FBM,
Tossup between a perfectly cooked Filet Mignon that I had at a restaurant in Thailand and a particularly nice Eggs Benedict from a bistro in Seattle.
FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:43 am
@Questioner,
Choose, dammit.
Questioner

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:44 am
@FBM,
Bah, Filet then.
Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:45 am
@FBM,
I do like crawfish - but lobster is better.
FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:50 am
@Questioner,
Hard to argue with that...
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:50 am
@Linkat,
Philistine.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:53 am
@FBM,
cold tangy cherry soup with cloud dumplings

mmmmm

best taste sensation ever ever ever
FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:57 am
@ehBeth,
Sounds Chinese...NTTAWWT...
Sturgis

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:00 am
@FBM,
What would be wrong with chocolate.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...chooooooooooooooooooocolate.

Chocolate deep dark chocolate. Chocolate covering blueberries, oranges, blackberries, covering toasted white bread, covering a peanut butter sandwich, Chocolate plain, by itself, chocolate jelly beans, chocolate pudding, chocolate covered nuts (I mean pecans, walnuts, macadamia, filbert etc. etc.)

A recent best was a simply delicious egg, fried up in the pan that I'd used earlier to fry bologna for a fried bologna sandwich, the flavoring of the bologna exacted a splendidity to the egg that words cannot describe.

Other bests have been onion rings, the perfect cheeseburger, sauteed onions, the ideal raw onion eaten like an apple (after removing the outer onion skin), pork chops cooked just right....

My best keeps changing it all goes with my mood. Burgers and chocolate and onions are usually things that can make me happy....and potatoes, and fresh carrot sticks.

In 2009 the best thing I ate was the sandwich Egypt brought me in the hospital. I had spent 3 weeks with no food, and my return to food had been a rough go....the first few tries went bad and I was defoodized for a longer time. Then a few days into eating food successfully, she arrived asked if I'd like anything and then suggested a hero sandwich. She left, came back soon after I devoured the first half of that thing like a mad man and then ate the potato chips. I held the second half because I didn't want to overdo it as I was just returning to food.

2 months later, another friend brought in a full pizza to the nursing home/rehab place about seven p.m.. I went through 5 slices without a blink, I had been eating some rather detestable food in that place and here was real food, I never had such a tasty pizza before or after that.

Like I said, my basic favorites never change but every so often there's something which just outdoes itself in offering an exquisite pleasure.

When I eat something, I might writhe with delight and at that moment it's the best thing ever, a few days or weeks later the same thing does nothing for me.

Maybe it's the Martian dust.

By the way, I scream obscenities at the television when the Food Network shows the morons talking about "The best thing" they ever ate.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:00 am
@FBM,
I think the best thing I put in my mouth was the battle horn of Ragnar the indestructable. When I blew it, I shattered the crystal dragon that had been beseiging the town. Or it was some sort of mushroom.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
Magic mushroom no doubt.
FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:08 am
@Sturgis,
That's what I'm thinkin'.
FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:10 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
...fried bologna sandwich...

Respect.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:12 am
Something I made recently that I could eat the whole bowl full of, lemon panna cotta.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Panna-Cotta-with-Blackberry-Sauce-107943
I suppose it would be good with blackberry sauce but I like it fine without, especially as it is chilled cold on this warm day in the land of sand.

Lifetime memories of good food.. well, my tastes change over the years.
Key memory of delicious - carciofi alla romana -

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz5F4GrBeSd0YI8p62ZE55GLtRC-4i-tptjEtgNBs4LDrbP2hXgw
That photo is from a blog about artichoke recipes. G'help me!
http://theartichokeblog.com
I've cooked them, it's pretty easy, though I didn't use this exact recipe - perhaps Batali or Bastianich; for me, it's easier if I cut them in half, to get out the choke.

Another photo -
http://nonsoloprimi.myblog.it/media/01/01/1147010734.jpg

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:12 am
@FBM,
At least I'm consistant, Sturgis keeps flopping backwards and forwards between chocolate and cheeseburgers. You started off liking catfish, and now you both want magic mushrooms.
Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:16 am
@Sturgis,
Your mention of pizza reminded me of the best pizza I've had. Now I have had pizza from big cities in the US and from little Italies and The Italy - but the best pizza ever is a little place in a little town in

Red Lodge Montana. Their motto is "Pizza you can write home about" Not sure what the heck they put in their pizza, but I've never tasted better. We simply stumbled upon it on a overnight stay there.

http://www.thepizzaco.com/default.htm
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

At least I'm consistant, Sturgis keeps flopping backwards and forwards between chocolate and cheeseburgers. You started off liking catfish, and now you both want magic mushrooms.

No, I don't want magic mushrooms, I was just guessing that he was on them when he posted that. I'm sticking with catfish. Or perhaps crawfish. But probably catfish.

Unless I change my mind. Which I probably won't. Probably.