What's the best thing you ever put in your mouth?

FBM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ask Pemerson. It's news to me, too. Confused
Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 02:25 am
It's prolly carnuba wax . . . read it and weep . . .
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 12:49 pm
@FBM,
Well, guys, this is not new news. The little country, I think in Africa, where most cocoa beans are grown, is giving up that dedication. So, lesser cocoa beans to a ever growing market for the beans from which chocolate is made. The lesson to learn is to never put all your beans in one basket.

I saw this on TV news little while back but, yes, I'll look it up and get back because I don't recall just why these people quit growing, or slowed down at any rate, raising cocoa beans.

Don't you notice, though, chocolate is loaded with filler? The best thing in the world used t0 be those cheap mashmallow filled chocolate Easter eggs.
FBM

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 01:02 am
@Pemerson,
I found several recipes that call for melting paraffin in, but those are for home cooking, like this one: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsDetails/tabid/96/smid/414/ArticleID/172720/reftab/36/t/Chocolate-caramel-toffee-/Default.aspx

I couldn't find anything about it being used commercially, though. I think I'll check the label next time I buy a chocolate bar...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 01:18 am
@FBM,
Chocolate in the US has been adulterated for a while now - not all, but some.
Good chocolate that we do 'produce' is high priced.
No links, I'm not in the mood.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 04:51 pm
@FBM,
yeah, but is it from new england - the colder water variety of lobster tastes much better - I,ve had caribbean lobster doesn't even compare.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 05:00 pm
@FBM,
Always a good idea to check the label when you buy chocolate. Do not buy any chocolate that doesn't tell you the actual percentage of cocoa in the product. There's some ghastly stuff out there that's primarily corn sugars with chemical flavourings. <shudder>
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 08:16 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

yeah, but is it from new england - the colder water variety of lobster tastes much better - I,ve had caribbean lobster doesn't even compare.

Maybe they mix wax in the Caribbean variety?
Linkat

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 07:06 am
@FBM,
Perhaps - and there is no claw meat.
0 Replies