What's the best thing you ever put in your mouth?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 11:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Maybe I shoud be on the lookout in Chinese restaurants.

It can be quite therapeutic to take on a small part time job. Phone up your local chinese restaurants, see if they need a look out, then apply for the post.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
I live on the 5th floor, flooding from rivers is highly unlikely, my freezer is safe.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 11:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Your grades were that bad?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 12:38 pm
@izzythepush,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Maybe I shoud be on the lookout in Chinese restaurants.
izzythepush wrote:
It can be quite therapeutic to take on a small part time job.
Phone up your local chinese restaurants, see if they need a look out, then apply for the post.
I love it; beautiful, Izzy.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 12:41 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Your grades were that bad?
I don 't get it.
Does that relate to the unsucked heads ?
FBM

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 11:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

FBM wrote:
Lobster is very nice, but crawfish is *BLAM!!!* Suck dem heads!!! Ah-haaa!!!
I, for one, have never sucked a head.
As a matter of fact, so far as I can remember,
I have never sucked an ANYTHING.

David

That sucks. Sorry to hear that, dude. :console:

In addition to crawfish heads, I've sucked on many, many different parts of my former and present girlfriends. I've sucked on candy, frozen fruit bars, my own fingers, the occasional straw, beer...

I've also sucked AT a lot of things, but that's a different topic.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You're a genius, you aren't supposed to get it.

Then again, maybe you aren't really a genius after all and that's why you don't get it but of course if you aren't really a genius then you should get it unless your a genius that doesn't get anything but we've now established that. That being that.

(or I could just be delusional)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 10:41 am
@wandeljw,
Love those suckers as well.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 10:41 am
@FBM,
I don't suck the heads...just like the tails.
FBM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:13 am
@Linkat,
Why? For the love of God, why?
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:19 am
@FBM,
I can't eat brains....
FBM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:30 am
@Linkat,
I don't think crawfish have brains.

But you remind me of another Southern delicacy: pork brains. Usually scrambled with eggs. :drool:

http://www.slashfood.com/2008/12/29/brains-and-eggs/
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 02:44 pm
@FBM,
Well they gotta - even very small tiny ones.

Naw, when I went to Texas for the first time, I had to get crawfish - we went to a local place and got the typically crawfish boil. I loved it - the waiter did try to get me to suck the brains out - and even though he described it was appetizingly (suck out the body and guts) I couldn't bring myself to eat brains - no matter how little.

I stuck the the tail meat and enjoyed it immensely. Although not as much as the traditional New England steamed lobster.
FBM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 05:50 pm
@Linkat,
OK, I looked it up. They do have tiny, tiny brain-like things, but they're located far anterior to everything else in there, and I don't see how sucking on the posterior of the carapace is going to pull them out. Anyway, it's a moot point. Lots of people don't like the idea of sucking the heads. To each his own, live and let live, can't we all just get along, yada yada. Wink

Now my confession: I've never eaten lobster. Embarrassed
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 05:55 pm
@FBM,
well I'll have to send you some - if you like crawfish - you will like lobster - the tail meat is very sweet.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 05:59 pm
@FBM,
Reminded me that I used to love lobster but that's because we lived in New England for 8 years and it was very inexpensive.

Now, the best thing ever would be fresh made marshmallows (from Whole Foods) and real chocolate. Eat them any way you want, together is best).

Chocolate is now filled with wax, boo hoo.
JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:04 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
the waiter did try to get me to suck the brains out - and even though he described it was appetizingly (suck out the body and guts) I couldn't bring myself to eat brains - no matter how little.

That's the brain alright. Though I've never been at all a picky eater, I could not bring myself to eat shiokara, salted, fermented squid guts even though many said it was delicious. One day, I ate an appetizer that was offered, thought it delicious and asked the guy next to what it was - umhuh, shiokara.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:19 pm
@Linkat,
I appreciate the sentiment! However, I doubt it would survive the posting to Korea...Now that you mention it, though, (even though you didn't, actually) I do live on a big-ass peninsula where seafood is a big part of everyone's diet. I should be able to find a lobster around here somewhere...
FBM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
@Pemerson,
There's wax in chocolate these days? Wtf.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:41 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
There's wax in chocolate these days? Wtf.
????????????????????