40
   

How can we be sure?

 
 
Jasper10
 
  -1  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 08:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
You really need to separate yourself from that dualistic reasoning robot Frank.

It claims it exists and doesn’t exist on both sides of the fence.It can’t make its mind up.

You need to understand and control consciousness or you will remain a prisoner of it.
Albuquerque
 
  2  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 09:04 am
@Raishu-tensho,
I am sure of what phenomenologically happens to "me".
Not so sure about what the "me" part entails but in essence that phenomenological perception did happen in a focused manner we call the "self", whatever that is...

I do not agree with Descartes famous I think therefore I am...
I have no idea who or what the "I" is.

But I do agree experiencing in whatever subtract, domain, or medium, is the whole reality that we can speak about in pragmatical terms.

Thus when someone asks me if a video game is real, Donald duck exits, or the Sun can have a smile in a dream I had, I tend to retort, in what domain in "big" Reality do you want me to frame all those things exist?

I see it as a matter of domains not a matter of Being vs Non being.

As I've pointed numerous times Nothingness does not exist and thus all phenomena are real...framing the correct domain in which they are real is the hard problem..most of us have trouble in securing the correct perception on what things belong to what domains...again a dream is a real dream if you dreamed it!

Tudo é verdade e caminho!
Jasper10
 
  -1  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 09:13 am
@Jasper10,
The “I” is what controls consciousness and separates the individual from the dualistic reasoning that Frank is a prisoner of.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 09:13 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:


You really need to separate yourself from that dualistic reasoning robot Frank.

It claims it exists and doesn’t exist on both sides of the fence.It can’t make its mind up.

You need to understand and control consciousness or you will remain a prisoner of it.


You make no sense, Jasper...and you seem to be the only one who does not realize that.

I am not a prisoner of anyone or anything.

You, on the other hand, are a prisoner, of sorts, of this concocted notion of REALITY you have. Nothing wrong with you making all those blind guesses, but presenting them as though you are revealing truths...is fanciful and absurd.

That also seems to be something about which you are unaware.


Jasper10
 
  -1  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 09:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
You are a prisoner of dualistic reasoning (or double mindedness) Frank because you do not control consciousness because you are not even aware that you need to .That is why you are a prisoner of consciousness just like the Buddha was and claimed that the “I” didn’t exist because he only practiced and believed in an out of consciousness synch meditative practice.

Your whole philosophy is based upon dualistic reasoning.
Albuquerque
 
  2  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 09:40 am
@Albuquerque,
Fernando Pessoa 1932:

A morte é a curva da estrada

A morte é a curva da estrada,
Morrer é só não ser visto.
Se escuto, eu te ouço a passada
Existir como eu existo.

A terra é feita de céu.
A mentira não tem ninho.
Nunca ninguém se perdeu.
Tudo é verdade e caminho.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Death is a bend in the road

„Death is a bend in the road,
To die is to slip out of view.
If I listen, I hear your steps Existing as I exist.

The earth is made of heaven.
Error has no nest.
No one has ever been lost.
All is truth and way.“

Source: https://quotepark.com/quotes/1870270-fernando-pessoa-death-is-a-bend-in-the-road-to-die-is-to-slip-ou/
23/05/1932
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 10:16 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:


You are a prisoner of dualistic reasoning (or double mindedness) Frank because you do not control consciousness because you are not even aware that you need to .That is why you are a prisoner of consciousness just like the Buddha was and claimed that the “I” didn’t exist because he only practiced and believed in an out of consciousness synch meditative practice.

Your whole philosophy is based upon dualistic reasoning.


You are so full of **** it is a wonder that you can ever venture outside.

Your "philosophy" is amateurish...to the point where it is laughable. I understand your need to suppose those who do not buy into it are "unaware."

Anyway, all I have said about the REALITY of existence is that I do not know its nature. I do not know if any gods exist; I do not know if what we humans call "the universe" is actually all there is; I do not know if Einstein was correct when he suggested that , "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

I acknowledge that I do not know these things. But you, childish fool that you are, pretend you KNOW...and can impart wisdom about it with your prattle.

Babble on, Son. Keep the blind guesses coming. I can keep this going with no trouble. I'm actually enjoying it.

Wink

steve reid
 
  2  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 10:43 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Sorry I’m so longwinded in responding to your post, but I have a few great-grandsons ........

Apologies not necessary, your great-grandsons must come first

Thank you for the reply, I'm busy at the moment and will post my reply later after a more leisurely read, you are right on one point my knowledge of the bible/scriptures is next to zero
0 Replies
 
Jasper10
 
  -3  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 01:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I’m not blind guessing Frank.

It’s your philosophy that is basic and amateurish.You have no understanding; grasp or control whatsoever over consciousness and have probably not moved on for years.

The Anointed
 
  -3  
Thu 1 Dec, 2022 05:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Anyone who actually wants "everlasting life" is just nuts.

Then according to you Frank, I must be nuts.

In the short time span of 86 years, you may have learned all that you want to know, and experienced all that you want to experience, but I look out at the boundless living cosmos and know that if I were to live a billion earth lives, I would still not have experienced all that there is to experience or understand all that is to be understood.

I believe also, that when those who choose the eternal death according to their own free will, and those disembodied spirits see and understand that which they have rejected, then will the weeping and gnashing of teeth be heard among them.

But I guess that you have erroneously GUESSED that YOU the mind that had developed within that body, will die with the body.



Jasper10
 
  -2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 12:21 am
@The Anointed,
Frank does a lot of hoping from the side lines and then ridicules those that hope with him.He just refuses to guess on both sides of the fence because he is double minded.

Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 06:45 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I’m not blind guessing Frank.

It’s your philosophy that is basic and amateurish.You have no understanding; grasp or control whatsoever over consciousness and have probably not moved on for years.




You suppose you know essentials about the REALITY of existence. You suppose you know, for instance, what the REALITY cannot be. (The duality question.)

You are simply making blind guesses about the REALITY and pretending they are more than just blind guesses. And you show the same fervor toward whatever eastern philosophy your guesses have caused you to adopt...that our local Jehovah's Witnesses show for their guesses.

I have considered the questions contained in this area for more years than you have been alive. I have discussed them with people more erudite than you by an order of magnitude. But your childish insistence is funny...and I enjoy a laugh at your expense, so keep at it.

Wink
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 06:46 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:


Quote:
Anyone who actually wants "everlasting life" is just nuts.

Then according to you Frank, I must be nuts.

In the short time span of 86 years, you may have learned all that you want to know, and experienced all that you want to experience, but I look out at the boundless living cosmos and know that if I were to live a billion earth lives, I would still not have experienced all that there is to experience or understand all that is to be understood.

I believe also, that when those who choose the eternal death according to their own free will, and those disembodied spirits see and understand that which they have rejected, then will the weeping and gnashing of teeth be heard among them.

But I guess that you have erroneously GUESSED that YOU the mind that had developed within that body, will die with the body.






Yes, I do.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 06:48 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank does a lot of hoping from the side lines and then ridicules those that hope with him.He just refuses to guess on both sides of the fence because he is double minded.



Refusing to make a blind guess (like you do) essentially IS making a guess for both sides. But you require more intellect than you have to see that.
bobsal u1553115
 
  1  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 08:33 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
because he is double minded.



Saying he doesn't know is a positive statement. Arguing with people whose rational seems off (like yours and A-one's), does not show a duplicitous mind. It does show a sharp mind that can set a logic trap for weenies like you two.
0 Replies
 
Jasper10
 
  -2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank I don’t guess and you don’t guess ultimately.You hope in your stance.

In your case, you hope that not guessing whether there is or isn’t a God will be enough.











Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:30 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:


Frank I don’t guess...


You do...and if you insist that you do not, you lie also.

But you do guess. Nothing wrong with guessing, by the way. But guessing about ultimate truths is only of value when acknowledged as guessing. Otherwise it is just fraud...or snake oil salesmanship.

You guess you KNOW something about the REALITY of existence. The only thing you can KNOW about the REALITY of existence is that you do not know anything except that you do not know.




Quote:
...and you don’t guess ultimately.You hope in your stance.


I do hope. I hope you wake up. But I do not hope on the question of "What is the ultimate REALITY?" I am satisfied that knowledge of it is as beyond me as is travel to a distant galaxy at this time.

Not sure why you are hung up on this "hope" bullshit...but I attempt to avoid bullshit in all its forms.

Quote:
In your case, you hope that not guessing whether there is or isn’t a God will be enough.


Your philosophy would look cheap even in a KMart.
steve reid
 
  2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:47 am
@The Anointed,
I believe I die once and that is the end of/for me as a living being, and this doesn't trouble me. As I don't have faith I don't believe in a soul or spirit.

Re: God, the bible and my understanding of it.
I know of the two deaths, after the first death the deceased is aware of nothing, then when judgement by God comes if they are found wanting, they would not be resurrected (resurrected as in body, spirit or both, I don't know).

It was after reading your earlier post....

Quote:
......Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!

That Lake burning with fire and sulfur in which the immortals suffer everlasting torment, is the eternal punishment for the unrepentant wicked human spirits, ‘THE SECOND DEATH’ eternal and everlasting death of those minds/spirits from which there is no return: The eternal punishment. Everlasting oblivion.


.... I was confused by the fire, brimstone and everlasting torment, this is not what I would expect from a loving God

If I (my body) or my soul, spirit or mind is given "The eternal punishment. Everlasting oblivion", of being dead and of no way to return then surely, I won't be aware of such? It is only now as I live, I can think about it and if so inclined do something about it. One question to answer is 'do I want to live forever', I can't honestly say that I do as I find the idea of living forever a frightening concept.
Jasper10
 
  -2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 09:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don’t guess Frank.I hope.What is the point of guessing like you say.

Jasper10
 
  -2  
Fri 2 Dec, 2022 10:05 am
@Jasper10,
I HOPE that there has always been a difference between good and bad as an example which would mean that absolute rules possibly exist and possibly have always existed.I can’t prove that there is a difference but then nobody can, like nobody can definitely prove that good and bad are the same either.

Atheistic science claims that the two magnetic forces in nature N and S are the same and cancel out but we know definitively that that is incorrect.

How could they have missed that?

It changes everything.





0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
Paradigm shifts - Question by Cyracuz
 
  1. Forums
  2. » How can we be sure?
  3. » Page 17
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/27/2024 at 10:45:23