Military Spending / Education Spending

Chumly

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 10:25 pm
According to some sources, you 'mericans spend 5% for education, 27% for military spending and 9% for debt interest on military spending.

You're spending over seven times more for the military than you are for education; all the while pissing and moaning over why things are not going well.

What the **** is wrong with you guys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,547 • Replies: 8
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 03:44 pm
@Chumly,
Were undereducated fools who are guided by an autocratic group of people who have brainwashed us. Most of us are incapable of thinking for ourselves.
boomerang

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 07:54 pm
@Chumly,
Are you suggesting that if we threw a lot more money at our schools that all of our problems would be solved?

Or that if we spent less money on our military that all of our problems would be solved?

I'm interested in your question but I'm not really sure what your asking.

What do you think is the **** wrong with us guys?
Chumly

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:16 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
Are you suggesting that if we threw a lot more money at our schools that all of our problems would be solved?

Or that if we spent less money on our military that all of our problems would be solved?

I'm interested in your question but I'm not really sure what your asking.

What do you think is the **** wrong with us guys?
You present the strawman logical fallacy, therefore at the risk of the logical fallacy argumentum ad nausium I reiterate:
Quote:
You're spending over seven times more for the military than you are for education; all the while pissing and moaning over why things are not going well
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:20 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Were undereducated fools who are guided by an autocratic group of people who have brainwashed us. Most of us are incapable of thinking for ourselves.
If true, it's a sad state of affairs that could (in part) be addressed with volunteerism combined with grassroots political action.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:46 am
@boomerang,
I think Chumly (and it's been ages since I've seen him on A2K. Sup dude) is saying that in complaining about the debt and largely about spending, it seems the elephant in the room is military spending. I think education is simply a selection in domestic spending that represents what otherwise is a fraction of the military spending, and yet when we hear people talk about spending in the US, it is always focused on social programs, and domestic spending.

In other words: No duh, there is a problem, and it's stupid watching people act surprised.

A
R
T
Irishk

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 09:22 am
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:
all the while pissing and moaning over why things are not going well.
Wrong. We also piss and moan when things are going well. I'll start worrying if the pissing and moaning stops
Chumly

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 08:29 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
I think Chumly (and it's been ages since I've seen him on A2K. Sup dude)...
I'm keeping well and it's nice to hear from you!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 08:30 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Chumly wrote:
all the while pissing and moaning over why things are not going well.
Wrong. We also piss and moan when things are going well. I'll start worrying if the pissing and moaning stops
I s'pose.
0 Replies