Is wisdom better than beauty? How?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:04 pm
Knowing, observing, seeing, or measuring are phenomenologicall temporal effects on Being...they are not exclueded of it...and yet Being in itself is atemporal, its forms are eternal forms, its beauty a necessary and absolute beauty...you obviously have no clue on what I am talking about Vik...so be it...I am not feeling any inclination for drawing a sketch out of it...
vikorr

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 02:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
That's fine by me Fil, as many aspects of philosophy hold little to no interest for me - I don't see Philosophy as just an exercise in intellectual thought, but as something that can be used to improve life. Because of this, I prefer philosophy in simple terms, and in stories, and in examples (which are just stories anyway).

May I comment that if 'being' is what is thought, then phrases such as "phenomenologicall temporal effects" are unecessary?
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 01:43 am

silly question really , wisdom

Fido

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 08:09 am
@north,
north wrote:

silly question really , wisdom

Truly... I have often been called wise by people I know because of insight or what most of them would call deep thinking on life and life's lessons... But I have taught myself a few as well... I figured out how to hit myself in the back of the head, hard, with a hammer... I could call such talent fate, or call myself blessed, but the fact is that when I did it I was intending something entirely different and my mind was on that activity... Still, what I have been called I don't suppose I would call me... You pay a price to have your head in the clouds, and it is found in all the **** you can locate to trip over...
0 Replies