Rise of the Planet of the Apes

jcboy

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:09 pm
I thought the last one with Mark Walberg kind of sucked but the previews to this new one looks pretty good. So will all of you go see it tomorrow night and give me your reviews? Thanks! Wink

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:14 pm
@jcboy,
I plan on seeing it Friday after work. I'll let you know what I think sometime afterwards.

But a fair warning, I kind of liked the Tim Burton Mark Wahlberg remake.
jcboy

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have it on DVD, it's really not that bad, I just can't bring myself to watching it a second time Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:18 pm
@jcboy,
I was hoping they made a sequel given the ending and the enigmatic Lincoln Memorial statue.
jcboy

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
haha I guess I better watch it again, I don't remember the ending lol Smile
jespah

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:29 am
@jcboy,
RP is interested in seeing it. For me, I got a lotta love, still, for the ones from the 60s and 70s (even the really bad 4th and 5th ones), so I am skeptical although the effects look good.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:02 am
@jespah,
I'm a fan of James Franco so I'm hoping he'll not let me down. Still, I don't expect it to eclipse the first Planet of the Apes but I will be pleasently surprised if it comes close. Cool
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:27 am
@jespah,
My favorite is the one where Charlton Heston plays the role of the gun-fatigued Ape elder.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:58 am
@jcboy,
Planet of the Apes without Roddy McDowall makes it too sad to deal with.
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 09:39 am
@Sturgis,
He was definately the best ape around. I even named by favorite stuffed animal after his character when I was a child and I still have him today.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 09:54 am
@Linkat,
I named a chameleon Cornelius. Like Roddy, the chameleon is no longer with us.
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:38 am
@Sturgis,
Another Cornelius lover. My husband keeps wanting to throw out my stuffed monkey cornelius, but I cannot part with him.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:42 am
@Linkat,
Fight tooth and nail to save Cornelius!! It's what makes us human!! Compassion for a stuffed monkey! Smile
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:43 am
@tsarstepan,
well just imagine when the apes take over our planet and they see the way in which I honor Cornelius, I will be spared and perhaps even honored. While the rest of you ape haters will despair.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:47 am
@Linkat,

peter gabriel is the first one they're gonna take out, after he did unspeakable things to that poor monkey...
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 12:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
He and his record producers will need their own Nuremberg Trials for their crimes against primateanity.
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 02:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Here's my friend taking a break during filming...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI4xuQTxiPPAkg5u87vpNn-5mOtWXvL1ShKVNo0dsJHpMi4WhT
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 04:17 pm
A friend of mine saw the rise of the planet of the apes this week, told me it was a rental. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 05:37 pm
@jcboy,
What I think is quite interesting is that the original novel has pretty much been ignored since the Charlton Heston film first came out. The apes are always portrayed as less developed than we are now, but in the book they've discovered space travel. The human astronaut spends a lot of time being walked round the city naked on a lead, they've not shown any of that either.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:20 pm
I saw it Wednesday, and I must say I'm impressed. Especially with how real the chimpanzees look.