term limits for all politicans

raven7

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:57 am
As a Christian Conservative people in NYC must demand all politicians in the rotten apple serve four uears and they leave office.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 533 • Replies: 5
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:06 pm
@raven7,
as an atheist in canada, i say let politicians serve 5 day terms, monday to friday, campaign on saturday, elections on sunday
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:09 pm
Not sure what religion, political affiliation or city of residence have to do with it... But yeah, all elected officials should have term limits. And possibly shock collars controlled by the electorate.
djjd62

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:22 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:
But yeah, all elected officials should have term limits. And possibly shock collars controlled by the electorate.

most definitely, and to quote Spinal Tap, "this one goes up to 11"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:27 pm
@thack45,
I have changed my opinion on relatively short term limits, from watching the California legislature. In the bad old days of no term limits, the politicians, er, legislators, had a somewhat more collegial mode, while having plenty of time to get up to speed on being the scamps that they were. Those in conflict worked out various compromises. Now, with two terms the limit, the learning curve is long and the time served short, and that, together with the political culture of our present day, breeds major stalemates.

I'm not for unlimited terms, in my present thinking, but the short leash has its drawbacks.
roger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I have mixed feelings as well, though I think we have discussed this before.
0 Replies